Sign in to follow this  
Pilot53

The PMDG DC-6 Is out!

5 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

So yesterday I was flying my local hop from ENCN to ENGM multiplayer on, but also with generic models turned on for multiplayer. I noticed that I was getting closer to some other traffic. Most of it was not dc6, but then i saw another dc6 come close, and then my sim crashed.

At the time i didnt think more about it other than sim instability that randomly occours, but then I read in this thread that multiplayer will crash the sim with the DC6 if you get close to another dc6. Is that also true with generic models turned on?

From my little flight yesterday it seems turning on generic models doesnt help?

Yup, I would like to know what the actual settings are for guaranteeing that the crash won't happen, because I've tried a few things and none of them seem to be a guarantee that it won't crash, and in fact one or two of them result in it no longer talking to my exterior Logitech hardware.

Anyone know the magic combination of options to tick/untick to alleviate this for sure?

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

4 minutes ago, Chock said:

Yup, I would like to know what the actual settings are for guaranteeing that the crash won't happen, because I've tried a few things and none of them seem to be a guarantee that it won't crash, and in fact one or two of them result in it no longer talking to my exterior Logitech hardware.

Anyone know the magic combination of options to tick/untick to alleviate this for sure?

Everything off apart from weather/time being set to live seems to do the trick for me. You could be getting a CTD for another reason but this works for me. 

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

Switching off AI entirely should work, but my guess is that only multiplayer is creating issues, since that's were DC-6's would show up. Regular AI (offline or online) should in theory work fine.

Asobo should take a good look at the way they fixed the issue earlier. Perhaps they did not correct the real source of the problem. If they do not do this now, we will have similar problems with new aircraft in the future.

Edited by orchestra_nl
  • Like 1

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

1 minute ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

So this plane essentially doesn't work in MSFS multiplayer at all currently?

You can go on multiplayer but if you fly near to or load at an airport where another DC6 is then you will more than likely get a CTD. So it depends if you want to take the risk or not 😛

Edited by Zangoose
  • Like 1

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

2 minutes ago, Zangoose said:

You can go on multiplayer but if you fly near to or load at an airport where another DC6 is then you will more than likely get a CTD. So it depends if you want to take the risk or not 😛

Nah, I don't think so. To be honest I think this plane is a bit too study-level for me anyway, at least currently.

I just find it weird that they would release it with this problem being present. I mean, seamless multiplayer is one of THE core feautures of MSFS, so I guess these problems should have been noticable when they were testing it before release.

5 minutes ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

Nah, I don't think so. To be honest I think this plane is a bit too study-level for me anyway, at least currently.

I just find it weird that they would release it with this problem being present. I mean, seamless multiplayer is one of THE core feautures of MSFS, so I guess these problems should have been noticable when they were testing it before release.

It could have also been easily missed. If you are beta testing, you might try a bunch of different places in the world but not actually "fly together. As it seems to be if you are within like 20 miles of each other the problem occurs. Whoknows, I'm not an expert on the bug or whos problem it is but hopefully there is a fix sooner rather than later.

Edited by Zangoose
  • Like 2

Matt

2 minutes ago, Zangoose said:

If you are beta testing, you might try a bunch of different places in the world but not actually "fly together" in a group.

A MP session and a group flight would need to be part of every MSFS addon test plan if you're serious about your work and your product.

I'm really not buying the "oh, it just slipped through" story.

• Upvote 1

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

Just now, rka said:

A MP session and a group flight would need to be part of every MSFS addon test plan if you're serious about your work and your product.

I'm really not buying the "oh, it just slipped through" story.

You don’t have to buy it because it’s not even an official story. I’m just saying “it could have”. Also it’s possibly they knew it would be a problem but it’s down to Asobo to fix and they couldn’t get a fix out in time. There’s a bunch of these “maybes”.

Anyway, this was a problem with other 3rd party aircraft some months ago but I’m not sure what the fix was in the end. 

Matt

1 minute ago, Zangoose said:

Anyway, this was a problem with other 3rd party aircraft some months ago but I’m not sure what the fix was in the end. 

This part makes it even worse in my eyes.

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

Just now, rka said:

This part makes it even worse in my eyes.

Well it just means whatever the fix was it’s now a problem again in the sim or developers need to do something in a certain way. But maybe someone who knows these things can chime in at any point and explain it

Matt

11 minutes ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

I would say you would be fine to be honest. If you use the states on the tablet in the sim, for example 'ready to taxi' and then have the flight engineer options on, then stick that tablet on the page where it monitors the state of the engines and their stress, it's not that hard to operate, and then you can sort of pick it up through experience as you fly about and figure the switches out as you look round the cockpit in cruise. It's pretty realistic and so if you abuse the engines and have damage on you might get an engine failure, but if you nurse the engines by keeping an eye on that tablet, you'll be okay with it, after all, it doesn't really matter if you break it, it's not like it's a real aeroplane and you will find it is an enjoyable to challenge to push yourself a bit instead of having something where you never really have to try much or worry about anything at all.

• Like 6

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Just now, Zangoose said:

Well it just means whatever the fix was it’s now a problem again in the sim or developers need to do something in a certain way. But maybe someone who knows these things can chime in at any point and explain it

I disagree. What it means is that (at the latest) since then every developer must have known full well that it is mandatory to test behaviour in MP. 

Every serious developer would have known this even without the prior issue. If you release addons for a multiplayer sim, well, should you test if your product works in MP, shouldn't you?

Now I do believe PMDG are professionals. So I tend not to believe they just weren't aware there was an issue present.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wim123 said:

this is why it should have been way more expensive, to get rid of the riffraff.

if you are not willing to spend a few hours studying it, dont get it.. is my view ofcourse.

I have not and will not spent a "few hours" studying it but managed a flight from EGGD to EGPH using the ai co-pilot. I guess that therefore I am riffraff. But even if it had been more expensive I'd have still have bought it and you wouldn't have got rid of  me.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

The Flying fabio has done 4 days of 5 hour streams with MP and a mixture of aircraft..spits TBM etc flying around and with him for all that time with no CTD. Just saying......

• Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip