Sign in to follow this  
Pilot53

The PMDG DC-6 Is out!

4 hours ago, Alaska738 said:

Have fun with this bird!

Does anyone know precisely when the 737NG will be released september/october?

You can Google and search for the exact quote from Randazzo, but I recall he estimated a window of late summer (or early September) to as late as the end of this year.

• Upvote 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

50 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

You can Google and search for the exact quote from Randazzo, but I recall he estimated a window of late summer (or early September) to as late as the end of this year.

That will be fabulous.  From reading all the posts here it appears performance should be quite good for the 737/777 as well, and those are the only two offerings from PMDG I care about.

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

This is really an impressive bird! I installed last night and still have not made an actual flight, just sitting on the ground at the old Corrosion Corner of KMIA, admiring how good it looks, reading and familiarizing myself with the cockpit. I will spend my summer running those old milk runs through the Caribbean.

For the first time since using MSFS I really wish we had GSX. I hope it will be along soon.

• Like 1

Dan Scott

Latest from PMDG relating to the CTD for Multiplayer

Captains,

We have gotten a few reports of CTDs that the team continues to research. We believe that they are all coming from the multiplayer process, and that something in the DC-6 isn't playing well with the data transmission between the DC-6 user and the multiplayer universe.

We have had some input from our friends at Asobo (it is saturday evening for them- so this is incredibly kind of them) and they have indicated that they will be able to jump into the pool with us on this issue more thoroughly on monday- which is fantastic.

We continue to research and we believe we have some ideas what is causing the issue. During the afternoon today we anticipate continuing to test theories to see if we can't narrow down the problem and engineer a solution.

If we mitigate the problem, we will push an update to you immediately, and of course let you know right here in the PMDG forum.

Meanwhile: You can avoid the problem entirely by removing yourself from the multiplayer universe temporarily while flying the DC-6.

We saw this appear during testing, but we thought it has been corrected. Apparently we missed some other aspect that is causing it.

I apologize for the issue- we are confident it will be resolved right quickly and we do appreciate your patience while we sort through it!

Source: https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/pmdg-dc-6-cloudmaster-forum/131452-19jun21-notam-for-reports-of-ctd-msfs-multiplayer

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

Bought it last night, seems like a steal at that price. Out of town until tomorrow though so can’t fly it yet. If a lazy SOB such as myself wants to rely in the short term on the automated first officer, will that make it fairly simple to get up an running? 

Cheers, Pete

• Upvote 1

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

3 minutes ago, PilotPete99 said:

...will that make it fairly simple to get up an running?

Indubitably! 🙂

1 minute ago, Target71 said:

Indubitably! 🙂

Thanks, and great word!

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

6 hours ago, Chock said:

The fact that people accept that software has bugs because it happens frequently doesn't alter the fact that it is sloppy and a mistake. It might be inevitable with software which is complex when companies want to bang it out to a schedule, but of itself this is not a viable excuse for not checking stuff or accepting sloppy practices.

Well Just let me know when some key software comes out that’s perfect out the box for the flight sim that never needs a patch or update, because I can’t think of one. Not sure I would call PMDG FSL REX AS sloppy.

But hey, it would be nice to have release products perfect.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

If anyone is looking for an Aussie repaint I saw a Qantas one on flightsim.to, FYI

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

5 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Well Just let me know when some key software comes out that’s perfect out the box for the flight sim. 

Again, that's not what I was referring to. There is a world of difference between an unexpected 'ghost in the machine' type of bug, and a 'we didn't bother checking it' type of bug. One is understandable, the other is sloppy.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I am already loving this aircraft. A real challenge to learn it, but you can do it in steps. It flies great!!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

19 minutes ago, Chock said:

Again, that's not what I was referring to. There is a world of difference between an unexpected 'ghost in the machine' type of bug, and a 'we didn't bother checking it' type of bug. One is understandable, the other is sloppy.

RSR has posted on their official forums that the bug was noted in testing, but thought Asobo had resolved it.  Perhaps something was supposed to be fixed with this week’s update but didn’t.  We’ve certainly seen that happen before.

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

8 minutes ago, Gilandred said:

RSR has posted on their official forums that the bug was noted in testing, but thought Asobo had resolved it.  Perhaps something was supposed to be fixed with this week’s update but didn’t.  We’ve certainly seen that happen before.

Nope, that's not what he said. Here, I'll give you the exact quote:

'We saw this appear during testing, but we thought it has been corrected. Apparently we missed some other aspect that is causing it' 

At no point in that quote does he say that he thought Asobo had resolved it, you are adding that yourself, and even if that was true, saying you thought something was resolved, instead of actually checking that it was resolved, is sloppy. Do you think you've fastened your seatbelt, or turned the gas off, or do you actually check it? Dunno about you, but I actually check those things.

Remind me again what the P stands for in PMDG.

• Like 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Flight simmers passion - like being Catholic and taking communion. ☺️

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

While you guys bitching about CTDs. I turned off multiplayer and hauling cargo over desert 😁

unknown.png?width=2249&height=1265

• Like 11
  • Upvote 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI