Sign in to follow this  
Pilot53

The PMDG DC-6 Is out!

I swear, people need to take a chill pill. Turn off MP for now. It's not the end of the world. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

10 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

I swear, people need to take a chill pill. Turn off MP for now. It's not the end of the world. 

I tried Multiplayer years ago when it first began in FS9. What  PIA it was. teenagers running into you on the runway.  LOL>  Never went back. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I use MP for the additional traffic but it is not really necessary unless you are doing a group fly.

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

Things happen! 🙄👀😱

unknown.png?width=2249&height=1265

• Like 6

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Does anyone know if I can install the DC6 in two different computers?

Or, do I need to uninstall in the first computer before installing in the second?

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

Chock (and others) are in the right to be critical of PMDG here. They're a class act who get a lot of praise because they deserve a lot of praise; A little criticism won't hurt them.

PMDG's probably delighted to see that their only negative press is a CTD. That means they did everything else right.

• Like 2

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

1 hour ago, Chock said:

Remind me again what the P stands for in PMDG.

Well it doesn’t stand for Perfect.

• Upvote 1

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

Screenie from my first test drive...Nothing to add to the convo, just thought I would share.

p7Seael.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I tried Multiplayer years ago when it first began in FS9. What  PIA it was. teenagers running into you on the runway.  LOL>  Never went back. 

Over 350 hrs in MSFS, all in multiplayer.   Idiots encountered.. 2.  Yup, a whole 10 mins, if that, of my playing time i was mildly annoyed by fellow players.

MP has been one of the best features of this sim.   Pottering along in  my Spit and having another random Spitfire pull along side you and join you for a fly down the coast to the Dover cliffs....  priceless.   All the Random stranger Heli pilots that spot each other and end up on an impromptu group flight.. incredible fun.  MP has been nothing but a positive experience.

You should try it sometime Bob. You sound like you need some fun.

• Like 1

Well Guys and Girls I personally am delighted that we finally have true classic prop airliner in MSFS. Not only is it drop dead gorgeous but it comes with 20 PMDG video tutorials authored by none other than the big cheese himself plus an easy to use cockpit mounted tablet so we can bite off as much or as little or the flight exgineer’s work as we feel comfortable. 

I’m ready to start asking if the Capt. RSR owned DC-3 is somewhere in the cards for MSFS somewhere down the line. They sure got lots of well deserved praise for flying it to Normandy for the 75th anniversary of D-Day.

1F1A4429-75BE-44D5-B7C3-3515B8737681.thumb.jpeg.ef023bb6e093a1499caff0476d7a9653.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

16 hours ago, Chapstick said:

I didn’t intend anything by saying outdated, I just meant I hadn’t checked if there was a new update for it. My CTD was just happening at FB’s PDX. 

OK - but "outdated" generally means something needs updating or is past it. I know new things are coming thick and fast for MSFS, but the Turbo Bonanza is only a few months old and since V3 has been extremely stable (at least no reports to the contrary). As for CTDs or crashes, I think it is highly unlikely an aircraft mod is going to crash or disable a scenery. They are completely different regarding what resources they use. Anyway, sorry I don't wish to hijack the DC6 thread any longer than necessary 🙂

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

I bought it. One word. Incredible. 

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

57 minutes ago, The Moose said:

Over 350 hrs in MSFS, all in multiplayer.   Idiots encountered.. 2.  Yup, a whole 10 mins, if that, of my playing time i was mildly annoyed by fellow players.

MP has been one of the best features of this sim.   Pottering along in  my Spit and having another random Spitfire pull along side you and join you for a fly down the coast to the Dover cliffs....  priceless.   All the Random stranger Heli pilots that spot each other and end up on an impromptu group flight.. incredible fun.  MP has been nothing but a positive experience.

You should try it sometime Bob. You sound like you need some fun.

Tried flying in formation in real life a couple of times with a CFI. Didn't care for it, . 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Unscheduled maintenance! Engine number one! 🙃

unknown.png?width=2249&height=1265

• Like 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI