Sign in to follow this  
Pilot53

The PMDG DC-6 Is out!

No airline liveries from down under with the DC-6?  Oh well, here is a classic TAA livery I am currently working on, soon to be joined by an Ansett livery from the same era, and if possible one for TEAL as well.  So Aussie and NZ simmers, let me know if you are interested - send me a direct message and I will let you know when they are completed!  

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ebtm4loy3mjn7j2/TAA DC-6.jpg?dl=0

• Like 3

Cheers,  Brian L Robinson

Flight Simmer since 1983 - loving the brilliant Quality Wings 787 and all PMDG models!!

4 hours ago, Ridvan Celik said:

Just took this beauty out of LOWI heavy... interesting take off with a low pitch 🤣 love it!! A lot to learn. 

For sure rwy08 or did you choose 26? The latter would be tricky with mountains ahead with the low takeoff angle?

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

1 hour ago, Adamski_NZ said:

A clever marketing ploy as well, making it relatively cheap (by PMDG standards).

$55 is not cheap. It's about what it should be.

5 hours ago, snapshot21 said:

There is a problem in flying it in multiplayer mode, if there is already another user of the DC-6 near the position/airport you are loading in, or if you go near another DC-6 during flight. It will CTD. PMDG says it is up to asobo to fix it.

And PMDG released like this? Think I'm going to wait and see some more.

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

Just now, rka said:

And PMDG released like this? Think I'm going to wait and see some more.

It sounds like more of a bug with the sim rather than PMDGs direct fault. As it will work just fine on VATSIM/IVAO. It will be the way the online msfs servers inject models of other addons I would expect.

• Like 1

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

1 minute ago, Zangoose said:

It sounds like more of a bug with the sim rather than PMDGs direct fault. As it will work just fine on VATSIM/IVAO. It will be the way the online msfs servers inject models of other addons I would expect.

Possibly, but I thought the issue was solved some time ago, also no other plane has this anymore.

I just didn't expect release of an addon that crashes with MP enabled. At least not when it's not marked as beta. The fact that MS/Asobo pulled this off with the sim should not mean everyone can do it now IMHO.

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

5 minutes ago, rka said:

Possibly, but I thought the issue was solved some time ago, also no other plane has this anymore.

I just didn't expect release of an addon that crashes with MP enabled. At least not when it's not marked as beta. The fact that MS/Asobo pulled this off with the sim should not mean everyone can do it now IMHO.

You can search for Randazzo's quote in the PMDG forum (Randazzo is the CEO of PMDG), but more or less Randazzo said because the DC-6 is a complex airplane and it's a first of its kind for MSFS, the DC-6 is pushing MSFS to its limit and it's not surprising that this bug wasn't detected before for complex airplanes.  Anyways, I'm sure Asobo and PMDG will figure this out sooner, rather than later.

• Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

12 hours ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

I think the sales will be absolutely rotten and it'll make Robert think again about not introducing the MSFS PMDG fleet lineup with he 737 at the very least.

My guess is you'll be wrong.  The PMDG servers were hammered over people purchasing this.  From the first day of sales, this is looking like a sales success for PMDG, just like the CRJ was a sales success for Aerosoft.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

it's not surprising that this bug wasn't detected before for complex airplanes

An apparent bug like this has definitely been found before release. You're not believing they didn't test MP behaviour, are you?

4 minutes ago, rka said:

An apparent bug like this has definitely been found before release. You're not believing they didn't test MP behaviour, are you?

They probably did test MP but didn't catch it?  Most likely, it's a specific set of circumstances that lead to this bug.

From my understanding, it's not MP in general that causes the CTD.  It's a specific circumstance in MP that causes the CTD.  

4 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

They probably did test MP but didn't catch it?  Most likely, it's a specific set of circumstances that lead to this bug.

From my understanding, it's not MP in general that causes the CTD.  It's a specific circumstance in MP that causes the CTD.  

We'll probably never know 🙂 However it happened, it's not what I'd expect from the first release from the number one developer. All that self praise on the product page and then this? Pleeeeease. Either he fooled us or his testing is not up to the needs, that's my take away here. Both not what I'd expect from the developer I'm putting high hopes in for MSFS.

8 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Yup, the specific circumstance is 'using the product' 🤣

I'm sure they will fix it, but let's not make excuses for PMDG here, it's pretty sloppy to release a product with an issue like this. It's great when it works of course, but this bug literally is a showstopper on a lot of the flights I've done with it.

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Ok   can  some  one  tell me  what  addon or  product had  no  bugs  or  issues  on  first  release

• Like 3

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg