Sign in to follow this  
BerndB

HotFix No. 1 for V 5.2 seems to be very close

7 minutes ago, ttbq1 said:

check the new Nvidia driver, they fixed something related to GPU monitor software issues. 

Version number please.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

@bob 742, I’ll give it a try, thanks.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

For my Geforce GTX 1080 Ti the last driver proposed by Nvidia is 462.59.

Richard.

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

7 hours ago, Skywolf said:

I don't know why FSLabs released their build while 5.2 HF1 was incoming.

I would not worry too much, based on what Lefteris wrote in the FSLabs forums about the HF1 release and the buses compatibility:

On 6/16/2021 at 7:12 PM, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

If that happens, we'll make sure we are quick in releasing the new A32X product versions, as the differences are likely not going to be in internal functionality - obviously, don't hang me if that's not the case, but I will alert if there are unforeseen issues.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Greggy_D said:

I just manually entered the 1080ti on Nvidia's driver site and it offered 471.11.

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

You are right, the Game Ready driver is 471.11.
The reason I get 462.59 is that I am using the Studio driver option instead of the Game Ready.

Richard.

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Did they fix the GMT time bug in the startup screen when using system time for default flight? As v5.2 seems to mix up local time with GMT time having to manually correct it, used to work fine up to the last version.

Apparently they also are going to fix the FPS reduction when undocking windows to multiple monitors:

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=142602

As to the related performance issue. With VSync off, I found that moving a panel to the intel display would actually drop the main app FPS by a good margin, but with vsync on was able to reproduce the drop from 60 to 30. We've tried all the different techniques and settings provided by DX12/Win10 and vsync just seems to have a mind of its own in the case of multi-window and multi-monitor scenarios. Waiting on more than one swap-chain/window sync adds a frame delay to the wait which can send the FPS on a downward spiral from 60, 30, 20, 15, 12.5, etc as you undock more views.

It seems the primary use for vsync is as a mechanism to throttle FPS rather than to avoid screen tearing, because the OS already performs a vsync on desktop windows. Because of this, we're going to add a change that will only enable a vsync on the main app window. This seems to avoid the issue where undocking windows causes an FPS drop. We will include a Prepar3D.cfg entry for disabling this new behavior, but we think most users will benefit.

Edited by rob0203
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

will they fix the bug of Volumetric clouds cannot block the terrain in some viewing angles ?

• Like 1

471.11 also cleaned up my AA.  Note I'm not in 5.2.  Just 5.1HF though

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

LM is actively working on this. We Beta Testers are still testing.

So please take this positive. We asked LM to not rush things out. 

Marcus

• Like 7
  • Upvote 3

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png