Sign in to follow this  
omarsmak30

Aerosoft is releasing Simple Traffic addon for AI Traffic

Finally we get rid of those horrendous default liveries, please take my money now.

This is what FFAI or AIG should have released on the market during the time they were working on their final program, now they will miss this cash cow, this will be a bestseller, especially if they release it for Xbox on the marketplace.

Edited by Ixoye
  • Upvote 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

9 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Now Mathijs is stating that more detailed AI aircraft in MSFS have a big hit on performance !?!

The reason is most likely not model complexity related though (not just), rather, it is the game not optimized to process the amount of objects. What I mean with that is it has been said in a recent interview the game is not even using any spatial partitioning, which means the entire set of AI aircraft the game is handling at any one time is updated, not just the ones in your vicinity and/or visible only. This is a complex problem.

To give some perspective on perf though, when I'm using Traffic Global at max settings on XP11, it takes about 300us (microseconds) to update per frame (with XP11 at about 80fps+ in 4K), and the GTN is updating and drawing in about 74us (very easy to measure with the XP11 embedded dev tools - NB: the next GTN update will be about 74us more of less 25us, the current is slower at 150us...).

Edited by RXP
  • Like 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

I'm going to pay for this, just so I can get the forks out of both of my eyes and enjoy this sim until AIG is back on the stage rocking and rolling, like the champs that they are.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I look forward to AIG but if the product is as advertised on video.  It is a no brainer.  

Don't expect anything like this from MSFS until at least next year per Jorg.   I am not optimistic about next year either.

48 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

This is what FFAI or AIG should have released on the market during the time they were working on their final program, now they will miss this cash cow

This is FFAI just renamed.

And AIG's stuff is freeware, they were never going to make money off it in the first place.

Edited by Tuskin38

instant buy. cant see those dead airports anylonger. even though the models look like a port from Amiga500. I cant wait for AIG forever. Still gonna replace it with AIG probably but we will see once its out. 

• Upvote 2

Lukas Dalton

3 minutes ago, DaWu said:

instant buy. cant see those dead airports anylonger. even though the models look like a port from Amiga500. I cant wait for AIG forever. Still gonna replace it with AIG probably but we will see once its out. 

If it ever comes out, allow me to doubt it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Many of my flights take part where regional service is much more prevalent. The dominant aircraft are Dash 8, ATR 72 and CRJ.  So if this addon only uses default AI models, is there a suitable match? If Aerosoft is only dealing with turbofans, then this is a hard pass. 

3 minutes ago, Danno said:

Many of my flights take part where regional service is much more prevalent. The dominant aircraft are Dash 8, ATR 72 and CRJ.  So if this addon only uses default AI models, is there a suitable match? If Aerosoft is only dealing with turbofans, then this is a hard pass. 

They're using the sim's base generic models, so yeah, Dash-8's and ATRs will probably be replaced with those tiny generic turboprops.

Edited by Tuskin38

6 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

If it ever comes out, allow me to doubt it.

They started taking alpha testing applications today. Kaiii says they're still aiming for a Q4 open beta release IIRC.

Edited by Tuskin38

2 minutes ago, Danno said:

Take care, not every small airport is covered, in fact only relatively big airports will have AI traffic with this tool, at least in Europe. I checked and, in Spain, we are talking about around 15 airports IIRC. 

1 minute ago, Tuskin38 said:

They're using the sim's base generic models, so yeah, Dash-8's and ATRs will be replaced with those tiny generic turboprops.

I just looked at the promo video again and there is a quick note that seems to imply 'jets' only.  I hope you're right and there are generic T-props that will be used but I'm not convinced yet. 

1 minute ago, Danno said:

I just looked at the promo video again and there is a quick note that seems to imply 'jets' only.  I hope you're right and there are generic T-props that will be used but I'm not convinced yet. 

Ah you're right, there's only jets.

11 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

They started taking alpha testing applications today. Kaiii says they're still aiming for a Q4 open beta release IIRC.

I believe it when I see it, I'm tired of waiting, so Aerosoft's offer is welcoming, I'll be first in line to buy it.

I think a lot of people here are wrongly assuming that this addon will bring/inject new  AI traffic into the game; from what i'm reading, It will not. So if a certain airport feels empty without the addon, It will still be empty with the addon

• Like 1