Sign in to follow this  
John Fields

Update is Live!!

Finally completed the install. The MS Store update had already updated automatically, so it was just the in-sim downloads (with all add-ons disabled by Add-ons Linker). And that took a total of 9 hours and 45 minutes, with the Content Manager update taking up the final 1 hour 40 of that.

Hope that's the last time Asobo make us go through such a lengthy update process.🤞

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

Like a new sim absolutely stunning - luv it - just a quick shot terrain never looked this good for me anyway

Untitled-3.png

• Like 13

Rich Sennett

Personally i love it, the performance gain is huge!

And the pop-in talked about is bearable imo.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, tkc99 said:

Personally i love it, the performance gain is huge!

And the pop-in talked about is bearable imo.

Not seeing that now use sim bit more may go away probably server or internet connection - not an issue here now at all

i think they updated Their servers or something the terrain mapping is way better than before 

Edited by Richard Sennett

Rich Sennett

Bit off-putting having the World Map on the right of the home screen instead of the left, but I expect I'll get used to it (assuming Asobo don't move it back later).

However, I can actually find both my own and my girlfriend's houses - massive improvement on what we had previously.

Edited by 109Sqn

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

3 hours ago, BoxOfPins said:

Fairly damning indictment of our internet infrastructure.  I've not been long upgraded from 10 megabits to a whopping 50, only a few miles from Manchester.  Definitely helps temper your expectations and eagerness on days like today. 😄

Three years ago we were lucky to get 10 MBits where I live. UK is miles behind the rest of Europe. Last time I went to a small Greek island for a holiday every cafe and taverna had a wireless connection of at least 40 Mbits - a few of which were tiny cafes in the middle of nowhere!

Edited by robert young

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Just saw tire smoke on FB landing video on the A320 I knew they had added water spray but didnt know that cool

Edited by Richard Sennett
  • Like 2

Rich Sennett

Please help!

I just did a clean install of the whole MSFS, (took 6.5 hours!) and still I get CTD, the screen just shuts down when the "blue bar" is almost finished, when the sim is just about to start, why? What is this? Any suggestioons please. I have restarted the computer, I have MSFS on my D:drive (had that before, with no problems)

What could cause the sim not to start??? I have internet, everything looks to be good to go, but this... drives me nuts! Please help

Love

Bus

• Like 1

One giant leap forward, 5 steps back. This one's rough.

I was greeted by crashing to desktop no fewer than four times before the sim finally loaded into a flight.

FPS in downtown chicago is unheard of. 70+ fps at my native resolution 3840x1600 and 100% scaling. Panning to the side or rear causes a loss of almost 20 fps and significant stuttering- turning off vsync cleared this up pretty well for me, at the cost of a little bit of tearing in some scenarios. It doesn't tear nearly as much as the previous release did with vsync off, though.

The massive jungle trees are back. 🤬 Chicago looks like it has been abandoned for 50 years. 200 foot trees dominate the densely-packed neighborhoods to the point where you can't see all that many homes. Why can't asobo get this right? This release feels like it was branched off 3 major updates ago and a bunch of past problems are back as a result.

What exactly did they test before pushing this out? Though I didn't participate this time, I almost guarantee people reported all sorts of these problems and asobo entirely ignored them like every test period prior.

The download/upgrade experience was not appropriate for 2021. Speeds dropped to 3 mbps on my 400 mbps connection. Get more servers. You have the infrastructure. Stop being cheap 🤬.

• Like 1

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Just a quick note. Process Lasso seems to now be incompatible with MSFS.

if you are getting CTD early in the update or during the loading process check and make sure you do not have Process Lasso automatically loading it's core processes on Windows start-up. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

The europeans are all asleep. The bands are opening up, communications with Microsoft storehouse of bits is reaching 9 by 9 !

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

3 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Just a quick note. Process Lasso seems to now be incompatible with MSFS.

if you are getting CTD early in the update or during the loading process check and make sure you do not have Process Lasso automatically loading it's core processes on Windows start-up. 

Process Lasso??? What is that? And how to disable it?

20 minutes ago, buspelle said:

Please help!

I just did a clean install of the whole MSFS, (took 6.5 hours!) and still I get CTD, the screen just shuts down when the "blue bar" is almost finished, when the sim is just about to start, why? What is this? Any suggestioons please. I have restarted the computer, I have MSFS on my D:drive (had that before, with no problems)

What could cause the sim not to start??? I have internet, everything looks to be good to go, but this... drives me nuts! Please help

Love

Bus

Shot in the dark but try enabling Game Mode and HAGS, and disable any process scheduler like process lasso.  Also log out and log back in of your Xbox app and Windows Store. 

A quick circuit of the excellent Pyreegue/Orbx EGPH and I have gone from low to mid 20 FPS to  32-47, averaging 42. And that's with FPS limited to 30 FPS in-sim.👍

• Like 1

I should've bought EGPH when it was on sale in Marketplace last week.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.