Sign in to follow this  
Seat*

White dot in the center of the image

On 6/23/2023 at 11:20 AM, DD_Arthur said:

The flashing white frame appeared after SU10.

These things used to occur only if you had either of the above hardware.
However, after the latest update it appears Asobo have managed to spread the love and now everyone benefits from white dots and white frames….

Yup, had the white frame first time ever today... in the A36 Bonanza/GTN750Xi.  😎

Bert

Have they identified exactly what’s causing this yet? I’ve finally got around to updating and (touch wood) don’t seem to have either the dot or the frame, despite using both Tobii and an X56.

So far on my flight with the S4, anyway.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Never seen the white dot but saw the white frames and to be honest it's hardly anything to be bothered about really, imo. It's so subtle you hardly see it

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

1 hour ago, flyhalf said:

Never seen the white dot but saw the white frames and to be honest it's hardly anything to be bothered about really, imo. It's so subtle you hardly see it

🤫

Bert

3 hours ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

Actually I have never seen the white dot but then the only drug that I do is double IPAs.

🥳

sp

lol 🙂

I noticed the white dot stops appearing if you set to Legacy mode on cockpit interaction under accessibility settings. I'm sure this was covered before.

One thing I noticed since all the latest updates is the mouse flickering like crazy making it almost impossible to toggle items. Anyone else getting this? 

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

7 minutes ago, SolRayz said:

I noticed the white dot stops appearing if you set to Legacy mode on cockpit interaction under accessibility settings. I'm sure this was covered before.

One thing I noticed since all the latest updates is the mouse flickering like crazy making it almost impossible to toggle items. Anyone else getting this? 

I had the flickering a few days ago (pre-update)  I rebooted, loaded another flight, and it was fine.  I was thinking that was one of my addons playing up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, flyhalf said:

I wish my eyesight was also deteriorated to a point of not being able to see big, fat white frames around the screens in the cockpit.

• Like 5

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

55 minutes ago, ShawnG said:

I had the flickering a few days ago (pre-update)  I rebooted, loaded another flight, and it was fine.  I was thinking that was one of my addons playing up.

I'll give that a try. Thanks!

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

On 6/24/2023 at 4:00 AM, MarcG said:

People berated me when I used to constantly mention a severe lack of Quality Control with MS/Asobo....yet  here we are again, a terrific AAU2 spoilt by needless dots & borders that any QC Team would've identified within minutes and any competent Dev team would've sorted out (had they been allowed to do so...).

Whether it's a lack of QC or Jorg has final say and "just doesn't get it" who knows, but time after time we get these updates with pathetic schoolboy errors and issues, they have not learnt a thing and yet they want us to get excited for MSFS2024?!....more of the same shenanigans to come with that Sim I feel as I cannot see anything changing - they're simply not learning from past mistakes.

Exactly  . Good luck to all those blindly getting excited about MSFS2024

Edited by capt sl

3 hours ago, SolRayz said:

One thing I noticed since all the latest updates is the mouse flickering  

Same here over buttons of the G1000

Edited by doudou

GTX 1660 Ti

You'd think that Asobo would know how to code for probably the most used peripheral in PC history wouldn't you?!

- mouse lagging in VR since forever

- mouse white dot nonsense

- mouse flickering

- mouseover Windows prevents certain buttons from not working

- mouse finicky actions to turn knobs in some cases

- mouse UI issues (of which there are plenty)

I mean these are surely the most basic coding areas are they not? Crikey even I learned how to code mouse clicks on the Amiga 500 once I finished with the flashing HELLO flying across the screen 😅 and that was back in the early 1990s.

Simple stuff they just can't get right, it's puzzling 🤔

Edited by MarcG
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

7 hours ago, flyhalf said:

Subtle?

I wish that was the case as they are a good 5mm thick solid white band on my 48" monitor. Look awful and serve no purpose whatsoever. They are even more obvious when light levels reduce

Edited by cj-ibbotson

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson