Sign in to follow this  
Seat*

White dot in the center of the image

Many complaints of this same bug on the PMDG 737 forum

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

7 minutes ago, St Mawgan said:

Yes, a white frame around my TDS GTNXi from time to time if I'm panning around the cockpit. 

I get the white frame too around the PMS50 GTN sometimes. The white dot I just see if I pan the view with the Xbox controller, which rarely happens because I mostly use it to control the drone.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

2 minutes ago, Alvega said:

I get the white frame too around the PMS50 GTN sometimes. The white dot I just see if I pan the view with the Xbox controller, which rarely happens because I mostly use it to control the drone.

I've never noticed it before the update this morning. It's just a momentary flash but distracting nonetheless. 

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

That white dot issues is extremely annoying. They added that "feature" because of the xbox release of MSFS. I really wish they would give us PC users the option to turn that darn thing off. It kills the immersion by being right in the center of my screen.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

For PC users...problem solved.

https://flightsim.to/file/50597/no-more-white-dot

For Xbox users sorry can't help ya...

Edited by blueshark747
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

@ Jorg Neumann from Microsoft
Can you please make sure that my tool is no longer needed here and that there will be an option to officially disable this stupid spot within the flight simulator.

Nice 😄 

• Like 4

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

So this guy can fix it on his own, but a whole software development team can't?  I bet they can, but maybe it just isn't a priority for them like it is for some of us.

For some that are saying 'it is just a white dot' as if to play it down, one of the biggest selling points of the sim is visuals, and the white dot and white boxes spoil it and are distracting.
But the main point is, it isn't necessary, and it seems it can be fixed easily, so why not just do it? 

I can understand peoples frustration.  They do so much good, but then it seems there is nearly always something to taint a good update.

And for those who want to blame the beta testers, please don't.  This was raised as not fully fixed, and then acknowledged as such by Asobo, but still released.
I feel they either don't understand the strength of feeling sometimes, or just choose to ignore it and work to their own thoughts / priorities.  Take your pick.

EDIT: On a more positive note, the B787 is superb, and there are some great new repaints coming out for it on FS.to.  Payware quality for free all round basically! 
Superb work by the WT team! :biggrin:  I have yet to try the B747 but I surely will.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

great now i be looking  for  the  white  dot  now ,  i only  get  the  white  square  as  pointed  out  onj the  pmdg  forum  only  when i  look  down  to the  left  hand mfd

Edited by pete_auau

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

So, the fix on .to was posted in february,  I haven’t seen the white dot yet, but I have seen the boxes on pmdg instruments, (and prior to yesterday) looks like this stuff has been going on a while, not just introduced yesterday?  I’m confused.   For the record, I do have a track ir I have two joysticks with pov hats programmed and an Xbox controller that I use for the drone view.  No white dot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Krakin said:

All that because of a stupid dot?

And the white border lines around all the displays of PMDG aircraft.

• Like 2

Eric 

The white dot is a bit of a mystery. I had it few hours ago with the Cabri and the Hellcat. It was intermittent coming up with the mouse. Now I don't see it which is good but puzzling 😄.  

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

That’s how I know this sim is getting there.  People on the the forums working themselves into incandescent rage over smaller and smaller problems.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, B777ER said:

And the white border lines around all the displays of PMDG aircraft.

Not just the PMDG. I have them on pretty much any display. On the JustFlight Pipers, there is a white border around the GTN750, around the GTN650 and even the ADF unit every time I move my head with TrackIR and the white dot (visible or not) is over one of these screens.

Edited by petz_e

2 hours ago, captain420 said:

That white dot issues is extremely annoying. They added that "feature" because of the xbox release of MSFS. I really wish they would give us PC users the option to turn that darn thing off. It kills the immersion by being right in the center of my screen.

Agreed, it really shines bad on Asobo this kind of thing IMO, because as I mentioned earlier, 2020 has been around for a fe wyears now. They must know about it for crying out loud, why don't the just acknowledge the issue and say yes we can mend it or if not explain why not. There was a lot of talk at the beginning of the release of 2020 about how Asobo and MS were loyal to the simming community and that we should not be worried about being 'sold out' to the Xbox gaming community. But it's starting to grate with me personally as we continually get aircraft releases and world updates with lots of eye candy to flower the edges of 2020 but all the time the bugs and unfinished aspects of the sim appear to be ignored.

• Like 1

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776