Sign in to follow this  
nas123

MSFS v 1.18.14.0 should be GROUNDED NOW

50 minutes ago, Ridvan Celik said:

Thousands cant be wrong.

Some logic missing. 🙂 Millions can be wrong.

Well IMO the update brought good things and bad things. I think the good sides are uprising the bad ones. Most bad points I can mention for me are visual stuff. Super exposed clouds and whites in general.

Plus they must do something about the almost non existent cloud shadows.

Edited by roi1862

Roi Ben

The biggest disappointment for me is the dumbing down of the graphics. The lighting, shadows and textures now look mediocre where before they were superb. It now really does just look like a computer game.

Edited by jarmstro
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Ixoye said:

I wish they would separate PC and Xbox completely from each other, and give us back the original version after sanding the edges and fixing the most important bugs, and then working with both versions separately.

That would be a disaster as 3rd party developer.

Imagine doing content for Xbox and PC, we would have to implement 2 developing branches.. Update 2 branches per project, 2 installers, 2 support channels, etc. No thanks.. This would not only increase our workload, but also the cost to develop things, which in turn would increase the cost of products to users.

People really needs to chill, they released the first patch addressing the biggest problems, I am sure we will see another soon.

Patience is all you need...  I have seen these cycles with P3D, XP, etc.. Things will get sorted guys..

Asobo expressed already they are working on issues, all you guys can do is wait. 

It is an odd thing, because lots of users (including myself) are not experiencing many problems explained on this topic.. So something is off..

Simbol

• Like 12

There is nothing that would prevent them from making both versions compatible. I have been on projects with over 200 branches, it's not a big deal, it's normal. The final branches, whether that be 1 or 2 different branches, can target by way of an isolated and partitioned interface which translates it all. Not much different than developing a game for C++ and having to move it to a different OS, you are forced to branch it but still make sure things like the MAP editor and custom objects from Blender work properly in both versions.

The languages we use have mechanisms to make this possible, it's partly why we use interfaces between developers and factory patterns to create a restrictive environment that makes it so it doesn't matter what you change, the core is enforced.

Though a normal part of development, it's not a always an easy decision on whether or not to branch something to a separate code base entirely, but they already have partially either branched it or at the very least "partitioned it".

The code is not the same right now between their 2 versions, they may be dreaming that it will be, I don't know.

Edited by Alpine Scenery

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

24 minutes ago, Baber20 said:

@Alpine Scenery

i have been following your posts these past few days and it looks like you are on an agenda here. Since SU5 dropped, you have been constantly bickering about how this update broke the addons and how they need to roll back to SU4. You make it out as the worst sim you ever played or developed for. You have been sarcastically rude to people here with your snarky not so funny jokes and you are spreading this negativity in literally every thread here. Yes we get it. SU5 broke a lot of stuff but hey the world doesn't revolve around you and for many of us it's the best update yet. Introducing LODs for objects is very smart by Asobo and is a must going forward. Every game does this. We are definitely heading in the right direction. Give them time. Don't like the sim in its current state? Well no one is holding your hand to play it. Wait it out instead of beating the dead horse. 

Yeah our agenda is to get what we paid for and promised was going to look like.....if anyone thinks that the sim does not look different compared to builds we are not allowed to go into detail about, then that's on you. Actually, you know what dont worry about the builds we are not allowed to go into detail about.. lets talk about since the sim released.... it does not have the same visual quality as it did. PERIOD. 

Of course the performance is going to be exceptional, they just made that visual gap between other sims much smaller that's why.  Now I'm all for everyone enjoying the sim but we need options for quality enhancements. I don't want want my sim looking like garbage because people cant upgrade their system or nerfed graphics to give older xbox systems 60fps. 

We waited sooo long for a new sim and now we got it, it was on the right track and I hope everyone fights and speaks up to keep this sim progressing. Not going backwards. Go read my post on MSFS forums "are we going backwards" see what the majority of people are saying. 

As mentioned by other people, in a few months, once again us hardcore simmers will be driving the sim not anyone else. Its 2021, hardware is progressing and so should such important titles as this. This isn't the FSX or P3D era anymore, we need to move forward. Bring back the amazing look bring back the amazing night time look, stop with the nonsense. Night time looks mediocre at best. The light pollution model is way overdone. 

We all have to be vocal about it, so the sim we have all been waiting for can actually look and feel great. I know a lot of people are "happy" with they have right now, but I say lets push ASOBO to make things a lot better, I'm not having a GO at ASOBO, I'm just speaking for the majority of people who want this sim to progress for the better. Ok ill have a go at ASOBO about one thing... the ground at night time and just the general night time flying experience is poor. The ground isn't glowing orange irl. 

Peace!

• Like 4

I've just finished 3 Skypark missions (over 6 hours of flight time) using the TBM and Bonanza, each in VR and had absolutely fantastic flights. I did restart the sim between each flight. I'm enjoying the best performance I've had since the sim was released... settings somewhat maxed, no stutters, smooth, no CTD's. I fire up the sim, enter an IFR flightplan based on the Skypark contract, crank up Jumpseat radio and off I go. I'm not thrilled with the overexposed clouds and have had a couple of hiccups with ATC but nothing I couldn't overcome. I've been able to complete each IFR flight all while using live weather. 

My specs are below. Why is it that I'm able to get so much enjoyment out of this sim after the latest update yet others are struggling so much? My system is not that special when I compare mine to others. It might be helpful if more folks would include their specs in their signature. I can't see that I've done anything differently than anyone else posting here. I don't have a lot of addons in my community folder and the ones I have are updated to work with this update. I always start by renaming my  Community folder before updating the sim. Why am I not suffering the same problems as so many are?

There is no question there are issues but I'm certainly not struggling to use this simulator. I've had to adapt and overcome at times but I'm having the time of my life! I hope that others can get past their issues and find the same level of enjoyment that I have.

• Like 2

System: i7-10700K, Asus Formula XII, 32GB ram, Samsung 2TB NVMe SSD, EVGA FTW 3090, HP Reverb G2 headset

Hardware: VitualFly Yoko yoke, VirtualFly TQ6 throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

Simulations: MSFS 2020 (VR), P3Dv5.3 (VR), X-Plane 11.5 (VR), DCS (VR)

41 minutes ago, Baber20 said:

@Alpine Scenery

i have been following your posts these past few days and it looks like you are on an agenda here. Since SU5 dropped, you have been constantly bickering about how this update broke the addons and how they need to roll back to SU4. You make it out as the worst sim you ever played or developed for. You have been sarcastically rude to people here with your snarky not so funny jokes and you are spreading this negativity in literally every thread here. Yes we get it. SU5 broke a lot of stuff but hey the world doesn't revolve around you and for many of us it's the best update yet. Introducing LODs for objects is very smart by Asobo and is a must going forward. Every game does this. We are definitely heading in the right direction. Give them time. Don't like the sim in its current state? Well no one is holding your hand to play it. Wait it out instead of beating the dead horse. 

I agree with you, but I think it's understandable. When things get changed upstream, this often causes problems downstream, and then downstream gets mad because they now have work to do they wouldn't have had to do otherwise. The intention that upstream had in mind doesn't count much then and I think you are right here in assuming that the intention is a good one.

That's just human nature.

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

1 minute ago, rka said:

The intention that upstream had in mind doesn't count much then and I think you are right here in assuming that the intention is a good one.

I will hand it to you, I'm still scratching my head on that one.

2 hours ago, Tierborn said:

You do know what unplayable means, right?   Why exaggerate?

What is he exaggerating? It is absolutely unplayable for me. 

Unplayable for me as well.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

12 minutes ago, Alpine Scenery said:

I will hand it to you, I'm still scratching my head on that one.

I was trying to say that the people that get to do the extra work don't care so much whether the reason for the extra work is good or not. It's extra work and that is seldomly appreciated.

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

11 minutes ago, rka said:

I was trying to say that the people that get to do the extra work don't care so much whether the reason for the extra work is good or not. It's extra work and that is seldomly appreciated.

I am on the dev side too, and we have to wait. I normally don't get this frustrated, but I left for 3 months and day # 1 what I came back to. So as far as people surmising or trying to put me into a certain category, nah, I'm just a bit annoyed is all.

If it were just one of 3 things, let's say stability, graphics, dev environment not right --- then I would not have called this version an abomination. In this version, it's all 3. The dev environment is mostly unusable, I would actually have to use different software (outside of the Asobo editor) to work on anything. I am sorry my opinion seems to offend some. That said, if I state my true opinion and don't 'butter-cup it", then my opinion remains that this patch is an abomination.

Edited by Alpine Scenery

Well, I finally joined the ctd club!

Seems it was a bad Livery on the fly-by-wire A320. Deleted it and back to flying.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

13 minutes ago, Alpine Scenery said:

I am on the dev side too, and we have to wait. I normally don't get this frustrated, but I left for 3 months and day # 1 what I came back to. So as far as people surmising or trying to put me into a certain category, nah, I'm just a bit annoyed is all.

If it were just one of 3 things, let's say stability, graphics, dev environment not right --- then I would not have called this version an abomination. In this version, it's all 3. The dev environment is mostly unusable, I would actually have to use different software (outside of the Asobo editor) to work on anything. I am sorry my opinion seems to offend some. That said, if I state my true opinion and don't 'butter-cup it", then my opinion remains that this patch is an abomination.

I understand your frustration. For a person that is engaged professionally with MSFS, these updates must be hell. From my (purely user) perspective this update has not caused me more trouble than most others though. I've had two CTDs, both while in the menu, but I profit a lot from the improved VR performance. IMO we're still in open beta (or maybe we just left it with Xbox release).