Sign in to follow this  
nas123

MSFS v 1.18.14.0 should be GROUNDED NOW

Is this update for  XBOX series users and not for PC users if purchased from Microsoft store?

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE

Just now, troyboy66 said:

Is this update for  XBOX series users and not for PC users if purchased from Microsoft store?

The update is for the PC version, I am not sure what updates are rolled out to the Xbox users, as never installed it on an XBOX.

It's a bit of a weird process to update it the first time, sometimes it may take you in circles back and forth. Try to keep hitting the "..." icon or look from something that says "update". Also, if you haven't rebooted in a while, make sure you do. I know it sounds strange but sometimes the update only appears (even on the web site) after you reboot.

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

9 minutes ago, Alpine Scenery said:

The update is for the PC version, I am not sure what updates are rolled out to the Xbox users, as never installed it on an XBOX.

It's a bit of a weird process to update it the first time, sometimes it may take you in circles back and forth. Try to keep hitting the "..." icon or look from something that says "update". Also, if you haven't rebooted in a while, make sure you do. I know it sounds strange but sometimes the update only appears (even on the web site) after you reboot.

Great Thank you!

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE

9 hours ago, ThrottleUp said:

Frankly I think we wont have a stable game with everything stable and happy for another 2 or 3 years. 

Which also unfortunately means we may not see serious 3dp add on development until we arrive at that point. As demonstrated with SU5 and the now built into Marketplace FBW A320, no commercial developer is going to want to fix their content every time an update or hotfix nerfs it. That’s time not being spent on their next add on, not to mention the flak from customers who may have paid in excess of £60 (for a study level aircraft) only to have it suddenly not work. Again. And again.

Unless Asobo and MS can nail this down, there is still a great chance (IMHO), MSFS could go the way of Flight or Flight Sim World.

15 hours ago, mtr75 said:

Vanilla sim. No mods. Nothing. Usually I get straight crashes. When I don’t then I get 30 second pauses every few minutes and microstutters looking around. But I get more FPS! It’s wonderful. 

I presume you did the 4 step (top post in tips and hints forum I think):

1 turn off rolling cache

2 double check you have definitely turned off rolling cache

3 delete rolling cache

4 turn on rolling cache again

Now you don't have pre update 5 scenery mixed with post update pre fix scenery, and wtih post update post fix scenery. Conflicting sceneries sometimes causes CTD's.

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I had CTD first flight after update 5. Saw another YT video posted before Captain AB's which was similar, but slightly different. I did the 4 step. No more CTD's at all from then on.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Well it really is a bad look to have the sim broken every time a new update is released. That should absolutely not happen. Obviously it doesn't happen to everyone, but it would be interesting to know the percentage of users suffering from this. Before SU5 the sim was absolutely rock stable for me. No CTD in lots and lots of hours, after SU5 I got CTDs. Removing FBW fixed it for me, but after the hotpatch the sim is pretty much useless as I am yet to complete a single flight without CTD.

Not to mention the temperature bug at high altitudes. It really is kind of laughable.

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

40 minutes ago, Fielder said:

1 turn off rolling cache

3 delete rolling cache

Now you don't have pre update 5 scenery mixed with post update pre fix scenery, and wtih post update post fix scenery. Conflicting sceneries sometimes causes CTD's.

Thats a good point, and one i carry out before every update to the sim.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

1 hour ago, Swe_Richard said:

Well it really is a bad look to have the sim broken every time a new update is released. That should absolutely not happen. Obviously it doesn't happen to everyone, but it would be interesting to know the percentage of users suffering from this. Before SU5 the sim was absolutely rock stable for me. No CTD in lots and lots of hours, after SU5 I got CTDs. Removing FBW fixed it for me, but after the hotpatch the sim is pretty much useless as I am yet to complete a single flight without CTD.

Not to mention the temperature bug at high altitudes. It really is kind of laughable.

its still rockstable for me before and after patch, but i dont use almost no addons.

did you try all the recommended steps, i saw someone the zinertek texture can casue issues again.

i saw you had np after doing away the fbw, but maybe you have another addon, liveries can be a prob too.

1 hour ago, wim123 said:

its still rockstable for me before and after patch, but i dont use almost no addons.

did you try all the recommended steps, i saw someone the zinertek texture can casue issues again.

i saw you had np after doing away the fbw, but maybe you have another addon, liveries can be a prob too.

Had my first CTD last night on a 100 miles flight, first one in well over 100 flights since my PC was repaired. Hoping I am not back to that again  thanks to SU5, 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

here is one for you.......my pc is 10 years old i5 3.2 ghz 1060 6gb card, before update 5 I had to have my settings on medium and I had stutters all the time, coulnt even go near large cities, after updat 5 I was blown away, unbelievable, I was able to have my settings on high and go to the citys, I cound not belive it......since I installed the small hotfix on thurs the bloody simulator has gone bloody backwards and its stutterfest everywere now, totally word not allowed off I am......roll on XP12

Regards

Paul EGCC

2 minutes ago, tull said:

here is one for you.......my pc is 10 years old i5 3.2 ghz 1060 6gb card, before update 5 I had to have my settings on medium and I had stutters all the time, coulnt even go near large cities, after updat 5 I was blown away, unbelievable, I was able to have my settings on high and go to the citys, I cound not belive it......since I installed the small hotfix on thurs the bloody simulator has gone bloody backwards and its stutterfest everywere now, totally word not allowed off I am......roll on XP12

Sadly, at this point, I think XP is looking better for some. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Its just so frustrating isnt it, I mean FS2020 is bloody fantastic, I love it, but I guess we are all up and down with it with the instability it brings, its such a shame. Anyway Im not going on.................on and up and keep positive hey!

Regards

Paul EGCC

4 hours ago, Fielder said:

1 turn off rolling cache

3 delete rolling cache

Yep, did that. I get it to fly now, but I wonder why I even bothered. The visuals are appalling. What was good about this sim is now atrocious. 

• Like 3