Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

The dev team has acknowledged the issues...

1 hour ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

If they can't get a stable release out after 1 year, then, really how much more time do they need? Do not have this problem with any other games.

XPlane, DCS, IL2, P3D have all entered the chat.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

51 minutes ago, Aristoteles said:

Are they saying the Texture Resolution settings have been completely messed up? Are we supposed to fly with LOW now? Or is it just the previous step to enable Ultra again?

It looks to me like you get low no matter what it is set to. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I do believe it broke various settings compared to before, but I am not understanding that other post about 3 = 0 or that the settings are backwards. LOW is definitely not = Ultra, when i put my settings on LOW, it looks like a Nintendo game. 

That said, some people probably have stuck state issues from the serializer's caching mechanism, but that would not be a universal issue.

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

49 minutes ago, Alpine Scenery said:

I did not disable sharpness, I would have to have an IQ below 80 to leave sharpness disabled and not to check that, I'm not claiming to have an IQ over 160, but it's definitely above 80 🙂

I'm on a 120" screen, so it's way more blown up than most people, different things will be seen by different people.

Well most people are saying the to turn off sharpness and you're saying it's too blurry. I'd say put your glasses on. There's a reason you're using a 120 ft screen 

Just now, scotchegg said:

Those were stable to a much bigger extent, they were lacking features, but they weren´t releasing hotfixes and patches for 1 year and stiil being unstable.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Iñigo Bildarratz

Just now, devgrp said:

Well most people are saying the to turn off sharpness and you're saying it's too blurry. I'd say put your glasses on. There's a reason you're using a 120 ft screen 

Why do we have to get personal? Man, this is not needed.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Iñigo Bildarratz

Just now, devgrp said:

I do rendering, btw I was involved with a committee bout imaging research in the past. You are talking to us like we are toddlers, either go away or come back with something useful to say.

2 minutes ago, Aristoteles said:

Those were stable to a much bigger extent, they were lacking features, but they weren´t releasing hotfixes and patches for 1 year and stiil being unstable.

Lol. I dare you to go over to the DCS forums and say you're happy that the sim was stable and didn't need hotfixing or patching within its first year of release.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

If you think the poll was a win for the new update that says a lot about how you gloss over to reach what you want it to.

Who said that?

2 minutes ago, Alpine Scenery said:

I do rendering, btw I was involved with a committee bout imaging research in the past. You are talking to us like we are toddlers, either go away or come back with something useful to say.

Some of you guys behave like toddlers. You're the only one with a 120 ft screen complaining about the sim being blurry and has yet to post a screen shot, when others are saying to turn off sharpening because its too sharp

12 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

I know this response is suppose to mean something, but it escapes me. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

@dg
It's 120 in, but 120 ft would be interesting. It's a viewing room, where I also play the simulator. The entire room is designed for maximum visuals down to specialized contrast enhancing materials and special carpet.

I am not the only complaining about sharpness, you are in a thread where numerous people have complained about a loss in sharpness. You are clearly just argumentative without actually referring to anything valid. It fills the forums up with false points. Quit saying stuff that is blatantly false just to be argumentative. I really don't have time to argue about what all is or is not wrong with SU 5 (nor do i even know per each person's setup), just trying to improve my own experience.

I have posted 5 screenshots in various threads (this guy just always says the exact opposite to start arguments)

Edited by Alpine Scenery
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

Here is a test I just did to see what the guys at Orbx have pointed out.

Anisotropic filtering is indeed broke.

MSFS Ultra

Screenshot-1429.png

Nvidia added Anisotropic filtering 16x

This was not needed before.

Screenshot-1427.png

Sorry David, I don't understand now. It sounds all a bit confusing for me. Which settings do I set where to get better visuals in the UI Graphic Settings or in the UserCfg.opt.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

In the previous version (pre-SU5), there were some very good videos of how to optimize your NVIDIA settings. A lot of stuff was set to OFF or app controlled, depending. Now some are saying go into the Nvidia Control panel and force certain things, that said, I have not verified what differences it makes. I will try to take screenshots and compare my settings for my own sakes of knowing what has helped. If I find anything I think helped, I will share the setting change and the comparison screenshot.

I honestly haven't gotten that deep into it yet because I was waiting to see what others thought, but apparently that just keeps going in circles.

Edited by Alpine Scenery