Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

The dev team has acknowledged the issues...

59 minutes ago, Alpine Scenery said:

In statistics, visual cues and people's memory of such specific details in an image are invalid in polls, the poll doesn't matter. 

Way to try and dismiss inconvenient data.

The poll in no way asked people’s impression of ‘an image’, but of the real-time, moving experience in the sim. Gonna have to bin your dismissal I’m afraid.

Im sure we can all understand there are wildly different experiences and perceptions about this update. That’s fine and I'm not denying at all that other people are having a bad time with it and I hope Asobo can put some sliders in to make more of us happy.

But, as is normal with bad experiences, the people having them are way more vocal which can lead to an impression that they are the majority voice, when data (however inconvenient) suggests otherwise. 

As a little experiment I just used part of my morning commute to go through Bobsk8’s posts since Monday (it’s Wednesday here), and he’s posted at least 43 times about “cruddy”, “”creepy”, or otherwise bad graphics in SU5 (I didn’t count one line responses that couldn’t be identified as about graphics, although some probably were). That’s not to deny him his right to be vocal about something that’s seriously affecting him, just to highlight that the people having bad experiences are disproportionately represented in the screen space being taken up in the forum which can easily lead to misinterpretations.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 5

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

1 hour ago, captain420 said:

Oh god, here we go again. My point is that I see this word not allowed haze everywhere! Doesn't matter the time, season, or weather, etc. When will people start to understand that this overexposed hazy look is a change in SU5 and affects the overall appearance of the entire sim. It has nothing to do with flying in the summer with humidity, etc.

I agree, I know what haze is , I have lived in and visited big cities for decades. This is 24/7 haze everywhere regardless of season and the haze is a small part of the problems. A larger part is the shimmering trees and buildings. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Eindhoven, and then some small village to the east with a tall apartment building in it. I'm guessing that's a mistake in the data, seems pretty out of place with that height.

https://imgur.com/a/pO8UCbr

Edited by Tuskin38

1 hour ago, Tuskin38 said:

It will also be good for us if it reintroduces the carrier tech (or their own version) from FSX Acceleration and proper supersonic physics.

It will probably allow us to make ships you can actually land on again. Currently AI boats can't be solid.

Anything they add in that update will be good for all simmers, not just the console simmers.

Adding yet more things that will go wrong? Sure, it’ll be great. Why can’t they just build a solid foundation first. And no, SU5 is not a solid foundation, it’s CTD heaven. 
Plus their list of things to come and fixes is as long as my arm, yet we’re getting a toy fighter plane? 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

it’s CTD heaven. 

Give it time, it hasn't even been out for a week yet. Have some faith and patience.

4 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Plus their list of things to come and fixes is as long as my arm, yet we’re getting a toy fighter plane? 

You do realize the development team is made up of more than a hundred people right? There's different teams focusing on different stuff. The entire team wouldn't be working on that.

And that DLC isn't out until November (if the movie doesn't get delayed again), plenty of time between now and then.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Give it time, it hasn't even been out for a week yet. Have some faith and patience.

You do realize the development team is made up of more than a hundred people right? There's different teams focusing on different stuff. The entire team wouldn't be working on that.

And that DLC isn't out until November (if the movie doesn't get delayed again), plenty of time between now and then.

Apparently, even that's not enough because they're hiring more.  I've said it before...they've taken a really big bite out of a really-really big apple.  I think they might be task saturated at the moment. 

My hope is now that XBOX is out, they'll be able to go back and fix the PC side. 

How and when, is the big question.  I hope it's not a question of 'if' since now it's all going to be one build for both platforms.

Edited by Jeff Nielsen
  • Like 1

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

I'm getting CTDs more often than not and the air temperature is always 100c+ above what it's supposed to be. Nice game, Asobo

Edited by wims80
  • Like 3

vatsim s3

1133704.png

The ground in the last shot is way too dark IMO.  Have you tried lowering your gamma to .8 for the clouds?

I don't use HDR so maybe that's why.

Cheers

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

4 hours ago, Nyxx said:

No they dont stick

{Buildings
        Enabled 1
        Quality 3
    }
    {VegetationLarge
        Enabled 1
        Quality 3
    }
    {VegetationSmall
        Enabled 1
        Quality 3
    }

I've been trying EGNX a little bit more and this is preliminary findings, but here is:

- I've had the same problem as shown in this discussion with my own settings (shared earlier in this topic)

- The issue seems to be only related to buildings, trees ULTRA seem to be ULTRA to me

- To cure: just change Buildings to LOW, Apply, Change it back to the level you want, Apply and Resume.

NB: This doesn't seem to be "ULTRA" settings not sticking because this is happening also with my settings using Buildings HIGH. I believe it is only Buildings settings which are not loaded properly, but at least the game resets Building rendering properly when you change the UI Buildings settings.

Edited by RXP
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

1 hour ago, Tuskin38 said:

You do realize the development team is made up of more than a hundred people right? 

Along with a ton of costumers who helped them Beta test SU5 who aren't on any payroll by MS/Asobo

Yet SU5 still released as bug filled loading/patch screen GPU stressing garbage...🙃

The GPU load issue has been around since launch btw....

It's totally unacceptable a year later and NO, users shouldn't have to FPS cap their GPU to fix it.

Edited by blueshark747
  • Upvote 2

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

3 hours ago, captain420 said:

Oh god, here we go again. My point is that I see this word not allowed haze everywhere! Doesn't matter the time, season, or weather, etc. When will people start to understand that this overexposed hazy look is a change in SU5 and affects the overall appearance of the entire sim. It has nothing to do with flying in the summer with humidity, etc.

God yes.  You don't have to be a meteorologist to see how overly hazy and over exposed the sim world is now.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, irrics said:

Something about your shots feels like a sepia filter or something to me

I just don't love the way that looks honestly

And look how 1 dimensional the plane looks.  It lacks any dimension

• Upvote 1

These screenshots look just as bland and washed out as XP11.

• Like 5

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2