Sign in to follow this  
Joe L

MilViz P3Dv5 Installers are Out

2 hours ago, btacon said:

V5 was in all my installers but I got them from the support forum.  Each of the four are clearly identified as version five installers. 

Hope this helps

Ok

I was going through my Account page, hence not seeing the updates in Support forums.

Thanks

T45

On 8/3/2021 at 11:29 AM, blaunarwal said:

69ihjFx.jpg3QKWfp1.jpg

It´s great to have this back.

I had a CTD on load up. Did you get that & use a workaround?

T45

Appears the PC-6 is a no go for me.

When loading the default flight it starts out at (VRAM 3.6/7.1 GB) rarely ever see it go above 5.1 with any other aircraft or during flight. Upon loading the PC-6 it immediately shoots up to VRAM 7.0/7.1 GB then have to shut down. The B55 and the DHC-2 work fine. The PC-6 worked good in P3Dv4.5.

If I got the beaver on PC Aviator site, will it be updated to v5 ? thank you in advance

Regards

Alain

Yes.  Once we’re comfortable with them working… we will update all the stores.  

• Like 3

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

@Treetops45 @pinepix62 @rickgo @xxd09 Here's my workaround.
So I uninstalled the v5 PC-6. Went into the registry to enable the latest P3D v4 installer to install to v5 and now the PC-6 is flyable. Instead of getting VRAM 7.0/7.1 GB with v5 I now get 5.8/7.1 using the v4 installer MV_PC6_v1.190823.

So I'm curious what changed with the PC-6 v5 installer?

Edited by Indy511

11 hours ago, Treetops45 said:

I had a CTD on load up. Did you get that & use a workaround?

T45

I never had a CTD with the PC-6. I use a RTX 3090. You may use a GPU with more VRAM or maybe configure the plane with a less memory demanding GPS. You can switch GPS via MVAMS app. My other suggestion i made before was to smaller the textures with XnConvert e.g. I think if you half them, it could be much better at a little visual impact. But this has to be tested. For tests I recommend flying from a remote island in the pacific without addon scenery. That should allow you to see the plane with different GPS and test how much VRAM is used.

Dan

Edited by blaunarwal

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

6 hours ago, aljones said:

If I got the beaver on PC Aviator site, will it be updated to v5 ? thank you in advance

Regards

Alain

Better register in the Milviz Support Forum if not already done and get it there. PCAviator is always the latest compared with other shops. 

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

13 hours ago, Milviz said:

It needs to be made 100% clear:   This is the last update on these products (with the exception of the WX fix when/if it comes)…

unless LM comes out with a sim that is close to or better than msfs in terms of looks… we’re not coming back

That's too bad. That means a number of people, including me, won't be considering your products anymore. Because it's not all looks. That said...P3D can look pretty good as well.

• Like 2

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

Finally got her in the air-all Flight1 avionics working-after many uninstalls and reinstalls

What did I do right-remains a mystery !

xxd09

• Like 1

On 8/3/2021 at 4:29 PM, blaunarwal said:

69ihjFx.jpg3QKWfp1.jpg

What avionics combo is this please?

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

17 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

What avionics combo is this please?

Flight1 GTN750/650. The weather radar is unchecked, since it is not working right now.

14 hours ago, Milviz said:

Yes.  Once we’re comfortable with them working… we will update all the stores.  

Including your own I hope. I’ve been trying a couple of days to get access to the support forum so I can get the version five installer. Why not just putting it in our customer account so we can download it without so much drama? This is in reference to the Otter by the way.

Vic green

On 8/3/2021 at 4:29 PM, blaunarwal said:

69ihjFx.jpg3QKWfp1.jpg

PC6-avionics.jpg
upload images

Why does my avionics look like this then?  Could you PM me your panel.cfg please?  Doesn't look like the 750/650?

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png