Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Regarding Your Feedback + Upcoming Hotfix

Just now, guenseli said:

nearly every game today will stop when the company behind will switch off servers.

Nope, not true. Many games are server dependent for MP but can be played solo with no access to server.  

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Just now, Alpine Scenery said:

like the whole story of how it came to be.

and how it is still going with no end-point in sight.

But that is most definitely a discussion for another time and place.

12 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Can you point out on these lists that are located on this link, where either in bugs or wishes, performance was mentioned? 

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/blog-july-29th-2021-development-update/430045

#8  Dreadful Performance  - Release Sumer 2021 - I'm sure that was SU5

May 27th, 2021 Development Update - Community / News and Announcements - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Edited by joec63

Semper Fi 

Just now, Matchstick said:

and how it is still going with no end-point in sight.

But that is most definitely a discussion for another time and place.

Yup... 

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

12 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

I play Empyrion right now, is it enough to qualify 🤣 ?

Totally.   That's been on my wishlist for a while, it looks like a lot of fun. 😄

21 minutes ago, Alpine Scenery said:

I agree with a lot of the points you guys brought up, but this is where our agreements diverge and divest. I would suggest watching some Russel Brand on Youtube about sacrificial PC tricks used to make people look like the bad guy by taking words out of context.

That's a totally fair position, and while I disagree with your assessment I have no intention of arguing with you about it.   Like I said...  people are free to speak how they want to speak (within the rules of the forum, of course).   But with the hallowed "freedom of speech" comes an obligation to take responsibility for what one says.  It is a fact that some folks are offended by the casual usage of "gaslighting", and that it, at least originally, refers to something distinctively dark.

But people using words in new ways is how language evolves, and that's totally natural.  If this word is drifting to a differing casual usage, it's something one will have to adapt to.  But that doesn't make the internal tension as the process is happening any less real or valid.  I still think it's fair, and even helpful, to say "hey, you're using this word in a way that's problematic", as long as it's not used as an attack.

4 minutes ago, Alpine Scenery said:

he whole Star Citizen thing is interesting from a developer standpoint, like the whole story of how it came to be.

Oh man.   I'm trying to imagine various subsets of the posters here and how they would react to being personally involved in the Saga of Star Citizen.  😂

Edited by kaosfere

1 hour ago, RandallR said:

Just one question - how in the heck are you flying the TBM?  Since the update, I can no longer get throttle control (the throttle will not move into feathered high idle position) - every remedy that has been recommended to me has failed.

I don't know what to say. Maybe check your control mapping. I have no throttle issues.

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

2 minutes ago, pstrub said:

In the Top Bugs list, #09.

Yes about 1/2 the votes of some of the bugs listed above it. Doesn't look like it should be priority one for me, in fact it is the only one on that list that says "fixed".  The only one!!!

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

3 hours ago, Greazer said:

No light (sun) source, no close up textures, no ground detail / buildings or airports and we're expected to believe your fake claims, even tough dev's have acknowledged the bugs and planned a second hotfix.

It's an example, you doomer. It's not the entirety of my screenshots. Do you people even fly in this sim or do you just stare at it from outside view?

• Like 1

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

Yes about 1/2 the votes of some of the bugs listed above it. Doesn't look like it should be priority one for me, in fact it is the only one on that list that says "fixed".  The only one!!!

It's been around since Sept 2020. https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/blog-september-24th-2020-development-update/283871

The bugs above it have been solved or addressed by hiring the Working Title team (G1000/G3000 improvements)

It's hard to argue performance wasn't an important issue. 

I agree with you that things have been broken in the course of SU5, but contrary to you, I'm convinced they'll be fixed again, and they weren't part of a malicious secret plan between Jörg and Seb to degrade the visuals for the PC.

• Like 2

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

8 minutes ago, kaosfere said:

That's a totally fair position, and while I disagree with your assessment I have no intention of arguing with you about it.   Like I said...  people are free to speak how they want to speak (within the rules of the forum, of course).  

Right, we can be agreeable and disagree - no problem.

I just believe in context, and unless a word is directed at demeaning an individual personally (and in this case, the word was describing a general psychological tone, not a specific person). 

Contextually and altruistically speaking, a forum has an automated context to it that is intrinsically knowable to the extent of what is being referred to. Excluding obvious words which can be personally degrading to someone, it's hard to consider that word in the same category, especially compared to words that were used which were far more degrading no matter what context they may have been meant as such.

Edited by Alpine Scenery
  • Like 2

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

11 minutes ago, MattNischan said:

Certainly not suggesting that this is the case here, but it is statements like this that make dev teams on games in this kind of position wonder if the backlash in these cases is truly about degraded visuals or actually about maintaining PC elitism, when the titles end up looking similar graphically.

The reality is that the Series X is actually quite a powerful piece of hardware with a pretty stout GPU (just under a 2080ti) and architectural advantages that are not available on the PC, such as storage DMA and shared VRAM/system RAM. I would venture to say that even in this crowd, most users have PCs that are not hitting those specs, necessarily.

-Matt

This has nothing to do with PC elitism. I could care less about the sim being on Xbox, in fact, before sim update 5 I was in the official forums advocating to the community that flight sim expanding to Xbox is a great thing for the community.

However, the fact is that Sim Update 5 downgraded the visuals. In prior updates, I could swap to my wing views and pan around outside and everything was loaded in no problem. However, now every time I switch to the wing view, pan around outside, and even move my head in VR, I am forced to watch the mountains and scenery constantly morph into existence. Not to mention the significantly reduced VR performance. I am now forced to watch entire cities spawn in right before my eyes due to the pop-in and drastically reduced draw distance. This is enraging when just a week ago the sim was running smoothly without any of these new issues. For people like us, the latest update was a huge disappointment. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

I've messed up in the past and will mess up again in the future - when that happens, especially in a commerical environment I expect to be held to account.

Yes, and this is our hobby, this is our  community. This is more than commercial accountability. And I want members of Asobo/MS to be part of it also in the future. By conducting Q&A or like Matt being part of discussions with us.

Just now, urthgental said:

Yes, and this is our hobby, this is our  community. This is more than commercial accountability. And I want members of Asobo/MS to be part of it also in the future. By conducting Q&A or like Matt being part of discussions with us.

And I would like Asobo to own their messes when the create one this big.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, pstrub said:

Really? "Dreadful performance" has been among the top 10 bugs since the release of MSFS. 

But a 70%!! increase?? Come on. This was done for the XBox. Sycophancy will get us nowhere.

Edited by jarmstro

18 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Yes about 1/2 the votes of some of the bugs listed above it. Doesn't look like it should be priority one for me, in fact it is the only one on that list that says "fixed"

Come on now, Bob.  You asked to be shown where on the list performance was, and it was shown.  No one was saying that it's the #1 priority, they were simply demonstrating, as asked, that "I don't recall anyone asking for big performance improvements" shows a memory that needs updating.

Beyond that, it feels sort of like you're suggesting they should start at the top of the list and knock one thing out before fixing anything below it.   Triage doesn't work that way -- you sort things based on urgency, level of effort, staff available, and many other factors.   And, beyond that, it is entirely possible for a dev team to work on multiple things as once.  Having "fixed" or "coming soon" on an issue down the list doesn't mean they've not been working on the higher ranked ones, too.

Edited by kaosfere
  • Like 6