Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Regarding Your Feedback + Upcoming Hotfix

2 minutes ago, Alpine Scenery said:

but it's certainly word parsing at best.

My life experience is that people feel like that right up until one of their own personal lines is breached, after which the worm tends quite quickly to turn.

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

2 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

My life experience is that people feel like that right up until one of their own personal lines is breached, after which the worm tends quite quickly to turn.

This was not my line, I used it last and once, rather i am defending those that did use it more frequently. My life experience tells me that when politics are injected, there is usually a reason someone doesn't want to just own up to it. People will never agree what is or is not appropriate in precise terms, we can ALL agree things got out of hand overall, and tomorrow is a new day however 🙂

Edited by Alpine Scenery
  • Like 1

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

10 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

If I wanted an XBox I'd buy an XBox..

Certainly not suggesting that this is the case here, but it is statements like this that make dev teams on games in this kind of position wonder if the backlash in these cases is truly about degraded visuals or actually about maintaining PC elitism, when the titles end up looking similar graphically.

The reality is that the Series X is actually quite a powerful piece of hardware with a pretty stout GPU (just under a 2080ti) and architectural advantages that are not available on the PC, such as storage DMA and shared VRAM/system RAM. I would venture to say that even in this crowd, most users have PCs that are not hitting those specs, necessarily.

-Matt

• Like 15
  • Upvote 2

Not sure if I will ever understand this community.

Sure, there a customers that say I paid for the product, I want it to work Now.

And there are businesses, that just follow the money. And if the product does not work today, I loose money.

But for most at AVSIM this is a hobby. People spend so much energy, time and money into learning and experiencing Desktop Simulation and intent to do this for many years to come.

So, I do not understand why here, in the MS2020 forum, many here are so hostile with Asobo and MS.

Please go with another product or have a pause on this hobby until you feel better…

Just now, kaosfere said:

I've noticed this as well -- there seem to be a good number of users here who have little to no contact with the modern PC gaming environment.   Folks acting like always-online games with forced updates are a console abomination that Asobo is forcing on "simmers" are a prime example.

There's nothing wrong with that, people can be flight simmers and never play any other game all they want without being judged for it.  But at the same time, they should realize that the gaming ecosystem is very different from how it was when FS9 was released, and perhaps be ready to accept some culture shock as a part of that if they also want the modern benefits it brings.

I think that "culture shock" may also be one of the prime contributors to some folks using Xbox users as a scapegoat for everything they feel is wrong with the sim.

I play Empyrion right now, is it enough to qualify 🤣 ?

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Just now, urthgental said:

Not sure if I will ever understand this community.

Sure, there a customers that say I paid for the product, I want it to work Now.

And there are businesses, that just follow the money. And if the product does not work today, I loose money.

But for most at AVSIM this is a hobby. People spend so much energy, time and money into learning and experiencing Desktop Simulation and intent to do this for many years to come.

So, I do not understand why here, in the MS2020 forum, many here are so hostile with Asobo and MS.

Please go with another product or have a pause on this hobby until you feel better…

Do you not feel that Asobo messed up with SU5 then ?

19 hours ago, JimBrown said:

Now that you mention it, I think I have the same issue. I didn't really notice it before because I rarely use the drone camera, but I did earlier this afternoon and I did notice that after a few minutes the drone view had rolled a wee bit. At the time I didn't think much of it, rolled it level again and then shortly after that exited drone view.

I'm going to investigate further tomorrow.

Might want to start a new thread on this so it does not get lost in here...

Regards,

...jim

I have the same drone roll issue. Does anyone know if it's been reported?

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

2 hours ago, Krakin said:

You can sometimes tell when certain Avsimmers only play flight sims on their PCs.

One of the best points here!

As you say, nothing wrong with it, but world has changed since FS9.

I always scratch my head when they complain about mandatory updates and always online (doesn't mean serverside could be improvements to avoid such long loading times with updates). The argument "wait until MS switches of the servers" is such one ... nearly every game today will stop when the company behind will switch off servers.

Another point of modern games is, that things like grafics and performance indeed could be tied to servers and some fixes could be also doen "behind the curtains" serverside. So, at the day of the update, when the whole world is playing at once, you could indeed see degraded performance.

Go, play Star Citizen, and you will see what development means 😉 (to be honest, they are clever enough, to call it Alpha, which should have been a good move from MS also)

Edited by guenseli
  • Like 1

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 minute ago, Matchstick said:

Do you not feel that Asobo messed up with SU5 then ?

And so what? Did you never messed up anything? 

10 minutes ago, kaosfere said:

I'm fine either way.  It really comes down,. in my mind, to what the admin staff here want that tag to mean and be used for.   If they think we should have the commercial tag, it's their house. 🙂  If other forum-goers think it would be helpful, I'm sure they'll take that into consideration.

I was tagged as a commercial member on AVSIM when I started doing freeware, I moved to payware 2 years later.. You guys started with freeware (mods for gauges, etc.) and moved now to the professional side of things by signing as a partner with Microsoft.. I think you and your team have earned the commercial member tag :)

@Ray Proudfoot, @w6kd what do you think?

Regards,
Simbol

Just now, urthgental said:

And so what? Did you never messed up anything? 

I've messed up in the past and will mess up again in the future - when that happens, especially in a commerical environment I expect to be held to account.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, pstrub said:

Really? "Dreadful performance" has been among the top 10 bugs since the release of MSFS. 

Can you point out on these lists that are located on this link, where either in bugs or wishes, performance was mentioned? 

Just scroll down and look at Feedback snapshot,  

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/blog-july-29th-2021-development-update/430045

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Just now, MattNischan said:

Certainly not suggesting that this is the case here, but it is statements like this that make dev teams on games in this kind of position wonder if the backlash in these cases is truly about degraded visuals or actually about maintaining PC elitism, 

I hope they do not  think like this at MFS headquarters because, if so, we are on for many other SU5  !  As I said earlier,  one has to be careful with the concept of "lesson". A lesson is taught but not always learned. Military history has plenty of examples of that 😁 !

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

2 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Can you point out on these lists that are located on this link, where either in bugs or wishes, performance was mentioned? 

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/blog-july-29th-2021-development-update/430045

In the Top Bugs list, #09. Appears you didn't even care to look at them...

Edited by pstrub
  • Like 4

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

7 minutes ago, guenseli said:

Go, play Star Citizen, and you will see what development means 😉 (to be honest, they are clever enough, to call it Alpha, which should have been a good move from MS also)

I was thinking the same thing and about to post something similar, that is funny.

I played that game for a couple weeks, it was quite interesting, but I don't know that it holds my interest for that much longer. The whole Star Citizen thing is interesting from a developer standpoint, like the whole story of how it came to be.

Edited by Alpine Scenery

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram