Sign in to follow this  
RobJC

What other games/sims are you guys playing?

16 hours ago, Bigbluss said:

Lots of DCS Huey. Had the module years but never really got into it. Now I've racked up 30 hours in three weeks!

Hey that's cool, I'm in the same position. I've had it for years but never decided to get invested.

Do you need many additional peripherals to fly it well?

31 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

A Plague Tale Innocence is now free at the Epic Games store from August 5, 8 AM PTD/ 5 PM BST until August 12, same time, if anyone is interested. Or maybe just curious about what else Asobo is up to.

I really want to say thanks for the heads-up, but it's another game now in my library that I have no time to play haha

• Like 2

like other members, i really enjoy euro truck sim 2. I never thought I'd like such a game, though I ahven't done many of the jobs and I mainly just cruise around the different areas while practicing reversing different trailers. Even made a eatons 18 knob for it and indicators / headlights / wipers etc

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

Edited by dogmanbird
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, lownslow said:

Hey that's cool, I'm in the same position. I've had it for years but never decided to get invested.

Do you need many additional peripherals to fly it well?

I'm not too sure actually - I'm already reasonable well equipped. I'm using the VKB NXT stick, TWCS throttle, and VKB T-Rudder with a Delanclip wireless setup. it does great for me 🙂

Edited by Bigbluss

I'm reading books.  LOL.  Sigh.

• Like 7

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

FIFA 21 on my PS5..lol 

CPU: 7800X3D | RAM: 64GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo CL32 | Mobo: Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX GPU: Gigabyte RTX 4090 OC 

Ghost Recon Wildlands & Breakpoint, Just Cause 3, GTA 5, X-Plane 11 (Zibo Zibo!). Love gaming, dont watch any tv or movies. Its all gaming and books for me. Because I live alone and work from home I can do epic 12hr gaming sessions woop woop! 

In the meantime, like all of you on here, I wait for the hotfix to sort out the MSFS Super Bleached Lighting Edition. 

Edited by ThrottleUp

43 minutes ago, badger2000 said:

Interesting.  I wonder why it's free?

Epic gives away free games regularly. Just get a free account, download the client and keep a lookout. For example over the past week I got Train Sim 2 for free. 

14 minutes ago, ThrottleUp said:

Epic gives away free games regularly. Just get a free account, download the client and keep a lookout. For example over the past week I got Train Sim 2 for free. 

Darn it. I keep forgetting to check the Epic games store. I would have got that one.

Again, I don't actually have time to play much at all, but nothing stops me filling my library -- for a rainy day. A rainy day in a different life, where I don't have a job, getting a career off the ground in my "spare" time, a family, a house to look after...

This is why I've been playing Switch games more, like Mario. Pick-up-and-play-and-put-down-again-after-ten-minutes classics. I have games like Death Stranding on the go, that I get back round to every so many weeks or even months. Death Stranding is a tough one, because it still has the epic Kojima cutscenes. I think last time I loaded it up, I walked a short distance, triggered a 30-ish-minute story cutscene, then it was time to shut down again haha

Edited by March Hare

42 minutes ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

I'm reading books.  LOL.  Sigh.

So am I! 👍

• Like 2

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

I'm usually an avid reader. But so much has happened the past year, I fit maybe two to six pages in a day, if I'm lucky. Then it's always late at night, so I'm nodding off, trying to take it all in, having to re-read sentences.

At one time, I got through the entire Dark Tower series in a couple of months. That was when I had a train commute. Now I get out of bed and I'm "at work".

15 minutes ago, March Hare said:

I'm usually an avid reader. But so much has happened the past year, I fit maybe two to six pages in a day, if I'm lucky. Then it's always late at night, so I'm nodding off, trying to take it all in, having to re-read sentences.

At one time, I got through the entire Dark Tower series in a couple of months. That was when I had a train commute. Now I get out of bed and I'm "at work".

20 minutes ago, dogmanbird said:

i wish i could too. My wife can read a novel for hours.

I'm only good for manuals

Yeah, in all honesty, it's something that I've been thinking about and started working on a couple of years ago.  I used to read, almost exclusively, manuals and stuff like it for years.  My own logic was that it's goal related and that reading novels and history, etc. was a waste of time.  But then I was remembering how, when I used to read when I was younger, I loved it..and I started thinking.  Then I read an article that talked about how good it was for your mind...especially fiction.  So, it has been hard to get back to but I've been reteaching myself.  To me, the sim being messed up is an opportunity to keep on going, no matter how small the step.  Right now, I'm reading one memoir, one science fiction  and one historical novel.  I'm careful to make sure I don't push too hard...the point being to learn how to enjoy it again, to continue wedging out time, bit by bit.  To sit outside or go to a park with a book, sit by a lake.  To drive a car with an audiobook on.  Bit by bit.    

Edited by Gregg_Seipp
  • Like 2

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I mainly read fiction, but I throw in books on physics, particularly astro and quantum physics, here and there, too.