Sign in to follow this  
RobJC

What other games/sims are you guys playing?

Oh, Resident Evil 7. That was cozy and terrifying at times.. 😂 Got it in a bundle with the eighth iteration but haven't started with that yet.

• Like 1

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2, best WW2 game I have ever played.

• Like 2

========================

HAPPY FLYING

Raymond

2 minutes ago, Swe_Richard said:

Got it in a bundle with the eighth iteration but haven't started with that yet.

The quick fetishization of the "big lady" makes me look a bit sideways at the whole thing...... 😜

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

3 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Is that the one like civ 6? 

Nah, CK3 is more like a "dynasty simulator". I have been meaning to get more into it but due to lack of time that hasn't happened. If my CTDs continue after next patch I think I might take it up again.

• Like 1

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

1 minute ago, HiFlyer said:

The quick fetishization of the "big lady" makes me look a bit sideways at the whole thing...... 😜

Haha, I see what you mean. She's kind of low-key hot though.. 😝

• Like 2

Richard

Assetto Corsa, PGA 2K21, Super Mega Baseball 2, Space Engine, Stellaris, American Truck Simulator, Euro Truck Simulator, NBA 2K21, F1 2020, Project Cars 2, Project Eagle....

...They are all tremendous fun! 😄👍

(btw: all on PC... have a great Logitech wheel 😉😎)

Edited by RustyFlyer

i7-12700K; GF RTX 3080Ti 12 GB; MSI Z690 MB; 32 GB DDR5 4800Mhz (16x2); 850W 80+ Gold PS; 1 TB M.2 NVMe SSD + 2 TB HDD @ 7200 + Kingston 4TB XS2000 USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 Ext. SSD (for MSFS & all games); 240 mm liquid cooler; LG 32UD59-B 32" UHD 4K; Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS stick; wired conn. to rtr. (500 Mbps); W11 Pro

1 hour ago, Swe_Richard said:

Been wanting to get into Skyrim again. I think I bought some remaster on Steam a number of years ago but haven't got to it. Recommended mods?

Beyond the reply you've already seen: Be warned 😉 Like with P3D, I find I'm continually adjusting 'add ons' to get the perfect experience. In fact, I've spent more time adjusting my Skyrim mods than I do playing Skyrim the last few days.

I need to avoid the black hole of adjusting mod-able games.

• Like 2

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

32 minutes ago, hanhamreds said:

call of the wild looks interesting so might check that out👍

It is quite often at 75% off at Steam (although it is easily worth it regardless). 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Richard

1 hour ago, turnandbank said:

I've only played flight sims for years, but I picked up American Truck Simulator, Euro Truck Simulator2 and TSW on the last Steam sale. Wasn't sure I would enjoy any of them, but ATS has really hooked me. Great gameplay pulling heavy loads all over the Western USA with DLC which was also on sale. Much more enjoyable than I was expecting. I am using it with my joystick as I didn't want to clutter my desk with a steering wheel. It took quite a while to figure out the settings and sensitivities but now it is working just fine. TSW was fun for a bit too, but I quickly got bored with it.

I have it...and bought the Logitech Steering Wheel because of that one program.  Let me tell ya...you WANT the pedals, the clutch, the brake, and the accelerator pedal...WOW...and of course the Force Effect steering wheel.  That will be your true ticket to feeling you are actually driving those big rigs!   The Logitech Steering Wheel and foot pedals is worth every cent you will pay...and the immersion level...WOW, and WOW....

Post edit: as you go over bumps in the road...or speed strips. you will FEEL everything through your steering wheel, just as in real life...you have to experience it, rather than someone typing about the hyper reality immersion of it all.   The only thing that would give the total all-in, would be a seat that also has movement and vibration...and I think a simple pad you would sit on...and tied into the steering wheel logic could accomplish that...but to have a wheel, that you feel the road...is simply amazing...and no flight stick will even try to shine the shoes...nope.

Edited by Sesquashtoo

Just MSFS and nothing else except the work/office sim and family game. No time for anything else. MSFS is the perfect fit as I like tubeliners and exclusively the FBW as with the SimBrief integration it’s like fire and forget to me. I focus on takeoff and landing between calls and when in a call/meeting I can still enjoy the AP piloting the neo

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Mostly MSFS2020 lately and Neofly....with some Transport Fever 2 thrown in.

Edited by Isaiah53six
  • Like 1

Kind regards,

Tim

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K (OC 4.7) CPU COOLER: Noctua nh-d15S GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070-Ti FTW2 8GB  SSD: Crucial MX500 1TB HDD: Seagate 500GB - Maxtor 250GB - WD 250GB RAM: Team Vulcan 16 GB MBD: Gigabyte Z370P D3
PSU: Evga 650w  OS: Win 10 Pro

IL2 Battle of X, DCS, Combat Mission series (Cold War lately) , Command Modern Operations, Flashpoint Campaigns Red Storm, Field of glory 2, Assetto Corsa, Transport Fever 2, Skyrim VR, Elite Dangerous VR, COTW, On the PS5 when in the sofa - Snowrunner or Red Dead 2... 

• Like 1

Ryzen 7800X3D | Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX MB | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | RTX 3080 GPU | Sound BlasterX AE-5 | Windows 11 Pro x64 | Virpil T-50 Throttle | T50 CM2 Grip + WarBRD | VKB T-rudder MK IV | Asus PG279Q 1440p | Valve Index VR | Samsung 980 Pro as system disk and Intel 665P SSD for games

I'm playing Spellcaster University. Pretty cool game! I've pre ordered Humankind (its like a different take on the Civilization series). For my MMO itch, I'm playing Final Fantasy XIV. For when I want to brawl, I go to Mortal Kombat 11 (despite NRS abandoning the game). When I want to sim, P3D is still there, updated, and ready to go!

All of this is making the wait for my style of flying to come to MSFS bearable.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

4 hours ago, awf said:

Still using P3Dv5.2 as main sim for Airbus stuff 🙂

I would love to try the latest 5.2 in VR, but I can't see putting another penny into a new P3D license and any addons.

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2