Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Hotfix 1.18.15.0 is now live!

14 minutes ago, Swe_Richard said:

Now you have to enlighten me! Haven't seen that one (but I am a dentist).

OOOH It's a classic thriller but maybe not for you - you'd likely end up critiquing Sir John Gielgud's techinique with the drill too much 🙂

1 minute ago, Sesquashtoo said:

There's definately something changed...no more low visuals on my system, and I lost 5 FPS because my GPU is now showing a greater load (some yellow and red spikes)

I'll keep testing, thank you 

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 4090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 8K Samsung Q900A 65" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

5 minutes ago, badger2000 said:

Not for me ... I'm seeing greatly improved FPS around London, I'm currently sitting at EGLC in the BN2 with FPS of 30-40.  Previously, with SU4 it would be single digits to low teens and in the mid 20's with SU5.  10-15 FPS better from EGHI over the photogrammetry there too.  It might just be photogrammetry areas but I'll keeping testing 🙂

I see more work on the GPU, and I did lose 5 FPS on average.  Still smooth animation though...

I know a pia but all of these consecutive updates is not the best way of doing things I uninstalled sim and reinstalled it two days ago made a world of difference feels right like the first time I installed this sim - think about it took 2 hours to do it and I have a fairly fast internet provider 

Rich Sennett

Folks, 

l have been out for quite sometime due to health reasons. Am working at getting things updated now. My question is how do I update from the store. I tried that some months ago and got nowhere. Your help will be kindly appreciated.

David

• Like 1

Just now, Sphynnx said:

I'll keep testing, thank you 

Run your FPS meter and see for any changes in load in on for instance your GPU.  Mine is working like it was with SU4.  Before this hotfix..it was solid green, which I know would truly be impossible with my GPU.

3 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

Yikes Bob thats not good 😞 

Well it is better than it was, but not like SU4 was. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

OOOH It's a classic thriller but maybe not for you - you'd likely end up critiquing Sir John Gielgud's techinique with the drill too much 🙂

Well, actually.. I was kind of browsing through the clip on Youtube and, yes, I believe I could have done that better myself.... :uwe_merm:

EDIT: However. I am a really nice endodontist and would never do such a thing [said with the voice of Apu Nahasapeemapetilon]

Edited by Swe_Richard
  • Like 2

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Just now, Fun said:

Folks, 

l have been out for quite sometime due to health reasons. Am working at getting things updated now. My question is how do I update from the store. I tried that some months ago and got nowhere. Your help will be kindly appreciated.

David

Just go to the Microsoft store, the little buttons on the top right click on those, and it will take you to the stuff you own, and select updates on the top right. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

1 minute ago, abrams_tank said:

So to be clear, are you comparing SU5 to SU4??? We all know SU5 provides better FPS.

What people reading your comment are confused about is whether this hotfix, 1.18.15 is yielding better FPS than hotfix 1.18.14 which was released last week.  I think some people read your comment and come away thinking this specific hotfix (1.18.15) has improved FPS over the last hotfix (1.18.14).  But it’s Sim Update 5 that improved the FPS, not really the subsequent hotfixes.

I said, "Previously, with SU4 it would be single digits to low teens and in the mid 20's with SU5."  I'm now getting 30-40.  Possible a small increase elsewhere in non photogrammetry areas too but it's had to tell.  Certainly no loss of frames and much improved in places.

2 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Well it is better than it was, but not like SU4 was. 

Bob...if I had to quantify this...I'd say on my system, in visuals...it's 100 percent improved, over land terrain, the clouds (all at Ultra) and I ate 5 FPS to get this.   I can certainly live with this, until SU6.  On my modest system, pre and post Hotfix...is night and day. Cheers.

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 3

Just now, Swe_Richard said:

Well, actually.. I was kind of browsing through the clip on Youtube and, yes, I believe I could have done that better myself.... :uwe_merm:

You know you're not meant to admit that in public, right ? 🙂

2 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Run your FPS meter and see for any changes in load in on for instance your GPU.  Mine is working like it was with SU4.  Before this hotfix..it was solid green, which I know would truly be impossible with my GPU.

I'm now flying south from EGPN towards Edinburgh.  FPS meter showing 38-40 FPS (which is good for me) and all green which I've rarely seen before. No red at all.

5 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Bob...if I had to quantify this...I'd say on my system, in visuals...it's 100 percent improved, over land terrain, the clouds (all at Ultra) and I ate 5 FPS to get this.   I can certainly live with this, until SU6.  On my modest system, pre and post Hotfix...is night and day. Cheers.

Yes, it seems like the shimmering scenery and foliage for me which was my biggest complaint, is greatly reduced. Flying around Ft Lauderdale airport with the drone, and everything looks Great. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 4

spacer.png

Just now, badger2000 said:

I'm now flying south from EGPN towards Edinburgh.  FPS meter showing 38-40 FPS (which is good for me) and all green which I've rarely seen before. No red at all.

Sorry the way you was saying made it sound like previous was previously as in before this HF….SU5.

Never mind glad it good for you.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip