Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Hotfix 1.18.15.0 is now live!

5 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Because they fixed it? No need to be rude.

Don't be silly. How's that being rude. Don't be so sensitive. Asobo have a duty to fix something they broke in the first place. Thank them all you want if it makes you feel better.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tailwinds said:

Don't be silly. How's that being rude. Don't be so sensitive. Asobo have a duty to fix something they broke in the first place. Thank them all you want if it makes you feel better.

Please. They didn't break it on purpose and they fixed it so if someone wants to thank them then so be it. Everyone online thinks they're a tough guy.  Unbelievable when someone is trying to be civil. 

Edited by joec63
  • Like 13

Semper Fi 

5 minutes ago, Tailwinds said:

There's always one of these people in every Asobo-related thread. I guess some just never learn to be polite and respectful. 

Former Child, Current Adult

I had an update while starting steam, but nothing in-game. Where do I see the version number? 

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

4 minutes ago, Tailwinds said:

To be fair, they've been fixing the new issues in a very timely manner. I remember when we had to wait a month for the next major update for something to be fixed, or when they were undecided on creating a hotfix and the community had to scream for it.

Despite probably being rushed by Microsoft and the toxic backlash after Sim Update 5, they're continuing to work really hard.

• Like 13

mine isnt updating.

• Like 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

10 minutes ago, Tailwinds said:

Why are you thanking them for something they broke in the first place! 

Maybe because right now we have a new modern Flight Simulator with  butter smooth experience + NO stutters even with B787

Every obstacle your overcome, makes you stronger. Its normal to create  bugs during updating development

• Like 7

Intel Core i9-13900K | ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC 24GB | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | DDR5 64GB 6000-30 Trident Z5 RGB | Corsair ICUE H170i Elite Capellix RGB | Corsair 7000D Airflow ASUS ROG Thor Platinum II 1200 Watt | Samsung SSD 990 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB & 1TB | Alienware AW3423DW | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 27" Gaming Monitor | VKB-Sim Gladiator Mk.II | Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition

Opened MS Store and got 400MB+ update (had to manually refresh the updates) it did not show on the open for updates page.

Flight to KTVL in King Air over the mountains for the RNAV 18 APP. Was not super impressed with LIVE weather (or lack thereof) so switched to UNREAL weather and voila! Now seeing the 3600 OVC layer and smoke that the METAR is reporting. Evidently the LIVE weather is still lacking.

Live traffic showed a lot of traffic on the Garmin but only saw 1 that overtook on the APP to 18. The A/P flew the APP all the way down from the FAF and the King Air hit the right #'s.

Was seeing 18FPS give or take at 100 so pulled the render scale back to 80 and they improved significantly to 20+ on final with smoothness the whole way. Looks like there is now a lot of room for tweaking the graphics settings that are translating well in sim. Performance vs. eye candy seems much more palpable....

Not perfect but a big improvement to what SU5 should have been.

*tested on older/ancient rig with i7 RTX1060 card to 49" monitor*

Edited by Flyfaster_MTN002

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

1 minute ago, reignman40 said:

I had an update while starting steam, but nothing in-game. Where do I see the version number? 

Click on your name in the top right of the Welcome screen

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, reignman40 said:

There's no in-sim update for this hotfix.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fun said:

Folks, 

l have been out for quite sometime due to health reasons. Am working at getting things updated now. My question is how do I update from the store. I tried that some months ago and got nowhere. Your help will be kindly appreciated.

David

Hope you get better soon! 

Open Store, top right corner you see three dots ... click that, and Downloads and Updates, then Get updates.

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

Got a view switching CDT for the first time.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

22 minutes ago, Tailwinds said:

Why are you thanking them for something they broke in the first place! 

Because we are nice people.

bs

• Like 13

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

No real changes on this end.  Everything is more or less ultra and now getting 75 fps in a sky full of clouds.

Back to my flight in the Seneca.

Cheers

bs

Edited by bean_sprout

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

9 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Despite probably being rushed by Microsoft and the toxic backlash after Sim Update 5, they're continuing to work really hard.

...Good,..and so they should be.