Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Hotfix 1.18.15.0 is now live!

Short flight in the keys went well, now trying San Diego up to KLAX.  I had a similar issue with SU5, tons of crashes at first that then became less (although still popping up now and then).  I think clearing the cache is a big help.

4 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

Does the sim collect crash data?

Yes. In %localappdata%\crashdumps

You can use an application like WinDbg to analyze it. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

Does it once again save settings (graphics, aircraft identification, etc.)?

• Like 1

Just to clarify.

• This hotfix should give the same or slightly lower FPS as original SU5 as they turned off some problematic optimisations that presumably were causing CTDs.
  • The pop-in issue when panning was not addressed. That occurs because in SU4 and before, the game cached detail for everything around you whether you looked at it or not.  This caused memory issues for people on mediocre systems with 8Gb or less RAM and the feature was disabled in SU5 to save RAM.  There was a link to a Asobo developer interview here on Avsim a few days back that discussed that exact issue.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 4

I am on version 1.18.15.0 but didn't get any update or download (Store version), how is that possible?

Edited by Noooch

Just now, Noooch said:

I am on version 1.18.15.0 but didn't get any update or download (Store version), how is that possible?

Because you have Automatic Updates turned on in the store.

Can’t find the hot fix 1.18.15.0 in MS store my simulator doesn’t start without the fix I am stuck in this loop please help

• Like 1

Gilles Boily

In your profile find where you Manage Flight Simulator.  Download / Install from there.

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

6 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Because you have Automatic Updates turned on in the store.

Same here. Automatic Updates its turned off 

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 4090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 8K Samsung Q900A 65" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

1 minute ago, Sphynnx said:

Same here. Automatic Updates its turned off 

No idea then.

Turned off automatic update now when I start the sim it asked me to insert the cd disk but I have those store version weird 

Gilles Boily

1 minute ago, Gilles Boily said:

it asked me to insert the cd disk but I have those store version weird 

That is the sign of slow/no internet/connection to the server. Can't get the store to update either....

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

Still getting the purple/magenta colour banding in clouds.

Bruce

• Like 1

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

25 minutes ago, brucewtb said:

Still getting the purple/magenta colour banding in clouds.

Bruce

Are you on SDR, HDR or some combination of both like a HDR monitor but windows and game are set to SDR ?