Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Hotfix 1.18.15.0 is now live!

3 minutes ago, Swe_Richard said:

First flight ended in CTD (clr.dll) after about 45 minutes. Why am I not surprised? :laugh::rolleyes:

Hi,

Because we are getting used to it!

Three flights already and two CTDs!

• Like 1

Just now, John Fields said:

Hi,

Yeah. I've just about had it now, think I'm about to throw in the towel.

• Like 1

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

17 minutes ago, The Moose said:

Still finding a few areas that simply aren't showing up properly. Noticed this a few times since SU5

Twice I've seen this happen in Edinburgh, also seen at several places in Florida.  Large areas where the autogen buildings don't show up.(The Edinburgh Castle  complex was also floating about 10 meters above the hill its on)  Yet I can revisit later in the day and it will be back to normal.

This has to be server based right?   

May be a streaming thing - have you tried switching servers and resetting your cache settings.

Gave it a try and this is how it shows up for me. The castle is floating (so that Potter boy must be visiting)...

uraxkk1.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, John Fields said:

Hi,

That reminds me of what I went through for months when I first got MSFS back in February. It was pretty discouraging. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

26 minutes ago, MattNischan said:

There has been a ton of confusion as to the altimeter bug, and it shows what a confusing topic altimetry is in general. The bug has indeed been fixed.

The long and the short of it is that the altimeter now properly uses local measured air pressure to generate the altitude. With live weather, this pressure can potentially be a non-ISA pressure (as it should be with any deviances from ISA in the air column you're in), and thus will read differently than your geometric altitude, even if your altimeter is properly calibrated for field elevation. An altimeter scale is based on ISA, and the Kohlsman adjustment only translates the scale up or down, it doesn't change the slope of the scale. Thus, if the pressure lapse rate in the atmosphere does not exactly match ISA (which it very often does not exactly), your indicated altitude will not match your geometric altitude. This error would increase as you get higher and the difference between the ISA expected pressure and the observed pressure increases.

Presently, it appears online ATC services are using geometric altitude under the transition. This was previously correct as the altimeter was assuming the atmosphere was always ISA, even when the weather model ambient pressure did not. This has been overhauled and the altimeter now properly reflects local air pressure, thus your indicated altitude will vary from the geometric altitude.

-Matt

Great explanation which makes sense. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

25 minutes ago, MattNischan said:

There has been a ton of confusion as to the altimeter bug, and it shows what a confusing topic altimetry is in general. The bug has indeed been fixed.

The long and the short of it is that the altimeter now properly uses local measured air pressure to generate the altitude. With live weather, this pressure can potentially be a non-ISA pressure (as it should be with any deviances from ISA in the air column you're in), and thus will read differently than your geometric altitude, even if your altimeter is properly calibrated for field elevation. An altimeter scale is based on ISA, and the Kohlsman adjustment only translates the scale up or down, it doesn't change the slope of the scale. Thus, if the pressure lapse rate in the atmosphere does not exactly match ISA (which it very often does not exactly), your indicated altitude will not match your geometric altitude. This error would increase as you get higher and the difference between the ISA expected pressure and the observed pressure increases.

Presently, it appears online ATC services are using geometric altitude under the transition. This was previously correct as the altimeter was assuming the atmosphere was always ISA, even when the weather model ambient pressure did not. This has been overhauled and the altimeter now properly reflects local air pressure, thus your indicated altitude will vary from the geometric altitude.

-Matt

I am not using any online ATC, just in game and it is NOT working as I was told to expedite my climb to FL230 when I was at FL230. I don't see how you can say that is FIXED.

Ryzen 7 5800 x3D, Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus, Geforce GTX 4080 F.E., 32GB Corsair PC-3600, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 nVME SSD, 1TB Samsung Evo 870 SSD, 500GB Samsung Evo 870 SSD

24 minutes ago, The Moose said:

Still finding a few areas that simply aren't showing up properly. Noticed this a few times since SU5

Twice I've seen this happen in Edinburgh, also seen at several places in Florida.  Large areas where the autogen buildings don't show up.(The Edinburgh Castle  complex was also floating about 10 meters above the hill its on)  Yet I can revisit later in the day and it will be back to normal.

This has to be server based right?   

Try hiting Esc option, set building to LOW > save....Set to ultra >save and have a look. 

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Still getting FBW A320 CTDs on loading a non default FBW livery at any payware airport.

Works fine if I load the same livery at default airports or fly to a payware airport.

I saw on the official forums others having exactly the same issue. I reinstalled the Dev version and updated it so it's not that.

4 minutes ago, Mikeingreen said:

I am not using any online ATC, just in game and it is NOT working as I was told to expedite my climb to FL230 when I was at FL230. I don't see how you can say that is FIXED.

Mike the best thing to do is open the ATC window take a screenshot and also show that your (even in the USA) on 29.92. So He can see.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 minute ago, Mikeingreen said:

Please see this item on the hotfix changelog:

Known Issue

• In-sim ATC service radar can still report incorrect altitude (fix expected in world Update 6)

The altimeter itself is modeled properly, but ATC is presently a bit confused about the new altimetry in certain scenarios.

-Matt | Working Title

• Like 3

I haven't had any CTDs yet with this hotfix. Even the FBWA320 is behaving.

2 minutes ago, steve310002 said:

Still getting FBW A320 CTDs on loading a non default FBW livery at any payware airport.

Works fine if I load the same livery at default airports or fly to a payware airport.

I saw on the official forums others having exactly the same issue. I reinstalled the Dev version and updated it so it's not that.

What specific airports? Because I can spawn fine at the payware airports I own with custom liveries.

1 minute ago, MattNischan said:

Please see this item on the hotfix changelog:

Known Issue

• In-sim ATC service radar can still report incorrect altitude (fix expected in world Update 6)

The altimeter itself is modeled properly, but ATC is presently a bit confused about the new altimetry in certain scenarios.

-Matt | Working Title

Should it work better if we did not go over to standard?

Hello folks I have a real dumb question to ask, I have been flying sims for twenty years plus and im feeling real stupid now.

All was well before the update 5.

The tbm 930 was great with the mod updates and other things in the community folder.

But now after the update nothing seems to work, not even FSUIPC works right.

So I renamed the community folder to allow msfs to create another community folder and start from scratch with the default Tbm 930.

And even that plane is not correct, for example you cannot add way points and the throttle set up is not responding like before.

And the crash bar is up.

Where do I go from here?

I understand that there is a hot fix, but where do you get it and how do you load it?

And will that solve the problems.

And can someone explain what is really going on here.

I have dealt with tons of updates before, but none as weird as the ones with this MSFS 2020.

Im hearing reports that third party developers have to shelve there releases because of this update, is that true.

Any help will greatly be appreciated.

Thank you

RobertC

RobertC

• Like 1

I was just planning my first flight with the FBW A320NX, after loading the fuel and payload I pressed the Escape key to check something and the sim just froze, I couldn't click on anything or resume the sim...I had to force close it...at least it didn't CTD 😂

6 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

What specific airports? Because I can spawn fine at the payware airports I own with custom liveries.

FSDreamteam's Basel and Zurick and MK Studio's Dublin Aiport so far all CTD with the FBW A320 for me. I tried LOWI and Edinburgh default and it loads fine so seems to be something bizarre going on with payware airports or at least some payware and FBW non default liveries.