Sign in to follow this  
Jeff Nielsen

Big WT G1000 NXi Update

1 hour ago, kkbelos said:

Mmm I am not able to see the traffic displayed, even if I can see it visually. Is there any trick, besides activating the option on the screen?

I was flying online with a buddy and I couldn't see him either on the traffic display.

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

The earlier autopilot would turn to the flight plan course when NAV was selected and intercept the magenta flightplan track.  The real world unit requires the pilot to turn the airplane to an intercept heading before NAV capture.  That is what is called Arming the NAV mode.

This is separate from ILS CDI autoswitching which is also new in this release.

Thank you for the clarification!  After experimenting more I understand how this works now.   

I'm also finding that VS mode and ALT mode are both working when their respective buttons are pushed on both the unit and the honeycomb bravo.  However, the modes are only annunciated when activated via the gps unit itself.  When activated with the Bravo, they do not annunciate on either the gps unit, or the bravo. This must just be a bug.  Maybe someone else can confirm this is the same for them?

Edited by FakeWayne

3 minutes ago, FakeWayne said:

This must just be a bug.

The hardware interface is still under development, and may get a hotfix..

Bert

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

The earlier autopilot would turn to the flight plan course when NAV was selected and intercept the magenta flightplan track.  The real world unit requires the pilot to turn the airplane to an intercept heading before NAV capture.  That is what is called Arming the NAV mode.

This is separate from ILS CDI autoswitching which is also new in this release.

Thank you! I came into this thread just now to find out why I couldn't fly my flightplan! You solved it for me!

• Like 1

I had an issue yesterday where the autopilot followed VNV descent to the first waypoint altitude but then stayed at that altitude and wouldn’t descend to the next waypoint altitude. The flight plan was active, VNV on and selected altitude was the final waypoint altitude.

Any ideas what I missed?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

It wasn't an approach right?  If you're transitioning from a STAR to an approach you'll need to press APR before the final approach fix.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

@kaosfere - Fantastic work on this update!

Just a quick Question:-

A couple of key assignments no longer work since this update; namely VS and APPR. Is there a plan to return these to functionality? (For those of us who like to use key assignments for the AP, rather than fiddly mouse clicks).

EDIT :   WOW!  A further update of the NXi tonight, has already fixed this issue.

YOU GUYS ROCK!

Edited by JYW
  • Like 2

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

2 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

It wasn't an approach right?  If you're transitioning from a STAR to an approach you'll need to press APR before the final approach fix.

Pretty sure I engaged APR after the first approach waypoint. Anyway, will keep an eye out for that tomorrow!

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

16 hours ago, kaosfere said:

Correct, we are delivering it through the marketplace for now both so we can have a more rapid release cycle, and so people have to opt in to it while it's still in a formative state.  Once we're fully happy with it, it will be dropped into the main sim and become the new default G1000 for everything.

That's very smart.  Not only do you get more release cycles, but the players that download the G1000 NXi for each download cycle will be the testing for you guys before it's released more widely to everyone in MSFS.  I think this is the quickest way to get the G1000 NXi up to where you guys want it to be, with as few bugs as possible.

• Like 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

33 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

That's very smart.  Not only do you get more release cycles, but the players that download the G1000 NXi for each download cycle will be the testing for you guys before it's released more widely to everyone in MSFS.  I think this is the quickest way to get the G1000 NXi up to where you guys want it to be, with as few bugs as possible.

Pity the MSFS updates cant be done like that.

• Like 1

Robin

11 minutes ago, Romeo_Tango said:

Well, we are asking Asobo to respond about a public "opt in" beta test so the entire MSFS player base can join the beta before the update is released to everyone.  If you can, please upvote this question about the "opt in" beta test so it gets the attention of Asobo/Microsoft and they are forced to answer us at the next Twitch Q&A: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/the-beta-program-clearly-isnt-working-when-will-you-open-it-up-to-an-opt-in-branch-like-most-other-sims-games-have/442713/159

3 hours ago, Romeo_Tango said:

It looks like MSFS Marketplace updates CAN be done like that if MS want to - the problem appears to be that for third party updates they aren't that bothered

3 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

Well, we are asking Asobo to respond about a public "opt in" beta test so the entire MSFS player base can join the beta before the update is released to everyone.  If you can, please upvote this question about the "opt in" beta test so it gets the attention of Asobo/Microsoft and they are forced to answer us at the next Twitch Q&A: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/the-beta-program-clearly-isnt-working-when-will-you-open-it-up-to-an-opt-in-branch-like-most-other-sims-games-have/442713/159

With all due respect the testing side of ther Beta program IS working - pretty much everything that people had p[roblems with in SU5 (with the exception of issues introduced in the last minute changes which weren't beta tested) were known about and reported to Asobo.

The problem is getting Asobo to actually fix the problems once they are reported and I can't really see how an opt-in beta makes any difference to that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Matchstick said:

With all due respect the testing side of ther Beta program IS working - pretty much everything that people had p[roblems with in SU5 (with the exception of issues introduced in the last minute changes which weren't beta tested) were known about and reported to Asobo.

The problem is getting Asobo to actually fix the problems once they are reported and I can't really see how an opt-in beta makes any difference to that.

Because SU5 had a hard deadline that was concrete and immovable because of the X-Box release.  Microsoft spent a lot of money advertising July 27th for the X-Box release date so that deadline could not be moved.  As you can see with World Update 6, deadlines for updates are now movable again. 

So I totally disagree with you.  Of course when you have a concrete and immovable deadline, like the X-Box release, stuff that gets reported to Asobo won't be fixed if the priority for it isn't high enough, because Asobo/Microsoft have to release on the concrete and immovable deadline of July 27th.  But now that the X-Box has been released, I don't see any concrete and immovable deadlines in the future - this is exactly why Asobo/Microsoft was able to push World Update 6 back by two weeks.

For that reason, a public "opt in" beta test will definitely be helpful. 

Edited by abrams_tank

Hi,

The new version has some issues with peripherals. In my case with Logitech Multi Panel (AP).

You can follow the matter here:

WT G1000 NXI does not work with LOGITECH PANEL - Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) - The AVSIM Community

and here:

Working Title G1000 NXi Discussion Thread - Third Party Addon Discussion / Tools & Utilities - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Edited by John Fields