Sign in to follow this  
Jeff Nielsen

Big WT G1000 NXi Update

NXi v0.5.1 is out! Hopefully it fixes some of your problems.

• Like 4

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

13 minutes ago, captain420 said:

NXi v0.5.1 is out! Hopefully it fixes some of your problems.

Working Title Simulations #wt-news
SERVER
 — Today at 11:01 AM
Hello @everyone, we have a small update now on the Marketplace for the G1000NXi, bringing it to 0.5.1. This update addresses the numerous key bindings that were nonfunctional with the new autopilot system, as well as rectifies the excess decimal precision of the FLC speed on the PFD.

As always, this is an Early Access Opt-In Beta, so there may be bugs or missing features! Please give us feedback and reports on Discord in our nxi-early-access channel.

Head to the sim Marketplace to grab the NXi, or go to Content Manager to download the update.

You can find the release notes here: https://www.workingtitle.aero/packages/nxi/2021/09/04/nxi-release-v0.5.1.html

Thanks and enjoy the update!

• Like 5

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

T

53 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Because SU5 had a hard deadline that was concrete and immovable because of the X-Box release.  Microsoft spent a lot of money advertising July 27th for the X-Box release date so that deadline could not be moved.  As you can see with World Update 6, deadlines for updates are now movable again. 

So I totally disagree with you.  Of course when you have a concrete and immovable deadline, like the X-Box release, stuff that gets reported to Asobo won't be fixed if the priority for it isn't high enough, because Asobo/Microsoft have to release on the concrete and immovable deadline of July 27th.  But now that the X-Box has been released, I don't see any concrete and immovable deadlines in the future - this is exactly why Asobo/Microsoft was able to push World Update 6 back by two weeks.

For that reason, a public "opt in" beta test will definitely be helpful. 

So how does any of that alter the fact the SU5 testers did their job and they did it well ? (To the extent of reverse engineering one particular problem to identify the specific algorithmic error)

I have no issue with an opt-in beta (and would actively support it if it would result in the over zealous NDA rules being relaxed) but the issue had never (since the original alpha and beta) been with bugs not being found and expanding the pool of beta testers is just throwing extra resources at the wrong end of the problem.

Edited by Matchstick

3 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

I have no issue with an opt-in beta (and would actively support it if it would result in the over zealous NDA rules being relaxed) but the issue had never 

Yes, that's part of the point.  With an "opt in" beta test for the entire player base, Microsoft/Asobo may not even bother with an NDA for the "opt in" beta testers because there are just too many people in the beta test.  That is a huge win for the community because we will know exactly what is going on with every beta test.

• Like 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

40 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Yes, that's part of the point.  With an "opt in" beta test for the entire player base, Microsoft/Asobo may not even bother with an NDA for the "opt in" beta testers because there are just too many people in the beta test.  That is a huge win for the community because we will know exactly what is going on with every beta test.

I'd expect any NDA to cover even an opt-in test while it's happening in which case there wouldn't be much visibility for people outside it.

What I'd like to see is the NDA end after the test ends, but that would be dependent on MS/Asobo feeling confident enough about even what testers see in the beta process to allow them to talk about it afterwards.

1. I am at KAHN airport. On the Select Departure page I enter KAHN.  Press ENT, it does not take it as Departure airport.  Bug??

2. Where there is a curve to the approach I have noticed the IAF is skipped and the aircraft comes in too high above the G/S.  This may be more of a Map bug, however it causes a bad approach.

19 minutes ago, Greazer said:

1. I am at KAHN airport. On the Select Departure page I enter KAHN.  Press ENT, it does not take it as Departure airport.  Bug??

Works here. Sounds like user error on your end.

YLtOl8D.png

e45Vbc5.png

jnQXrHO.png

• Like 1

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

n00b question; Is there a way to adjust User Waypoints using the Garmin screens during flight? Thanks

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Is there a tutorial somewhere - text or video - highlighting the functions this mod adds to the default G1000 and on how to use them properly?

4 hours ago, SAS443 said:

Works here. Sounds like user error on your end.

YLtOl8D.png

e45Vbc5.png

jnQXrHO.png

Okay I found an issue with the latest DA-62 Mod. I could not enter Departure or Destination airports.  However using the Baron (with Mod) I was able to via the PROC button.

Greazer.

I noted this in the NXi v0.5.1 release notes at the WT site, along with a nice description of the behavior for intercepting during an approach.

"Heads Up!
GPS, LOC, and VOR modes now ARM!"

I would like to also see a nice description of the behavior and annunciations that now occur when transitioning from HDG mode to NAV mode in the flight plan. Would someone who has determined it please take a stab at writing a description about it?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

3 minutes ago, fppilot said:

I noted this in the NXi v0.5.1 release notes at the WT site, along with a nice description of the behavior for intercepting during an approach.

"Heads Up!
GPS, LOC, and VOR modes now ARM!"

I would like to also see a nice description of the behavior and annunciations that now occur when transitioning from HDG mode to NAV mode in the flight plan. Would someone who has determined it please take a stab at writing a description about it?

I was confused by this last night, quick drop into their Discord server and Matt kindly responded straight away, i was having trouble in the C208b;

"Ah, you'll need to actually intercept the path manually, and then GPS will go from armed (white) to active (green) when you are on an intercept course and you are within 2 dots on the CDI"

I did that and it immediately started working as per normal.

Edited by MarcG
  • Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)