Sign in to follow this  
somiller

UPDATE - Carenado Mooney M20R

Took the Mooney out this afternoon, first time I have flown it in about 4 months. Everything working perfectly. 😃 Love the almost 200MPH....

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

36 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Took the Mooney out this afternoon, first time I have flown it in about 4 months. Everything working perfectly. 😃 Love the almost 200MPH....

Don't you find that the speed of the Mooney has decreased with the patch?

Just now, Johnny Wyatt said:

I am doing  knots  170 knots which is  normal speed for the Mooney. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

9 minutes ago, Johnny Wyatt said:

Here's the charts on the Mooney.  I do feel they decreased initial climb and takeoff power with the latest patch.  I've not yet checked cruise numbers against these charts.  I just haven't flown the Mooney in a while...  don't like the sub par nav from the GNS or GTN.

51533437369_7f32bcbe31_o.pngmooneyperf by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

51532963043_bd3b8935e3_o.pngmooneyperf2 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Just landed and ran into a problem taxiing to the ramp. The RPM dropped to under 400 and the engine quit. Restarted, and same thing happened. Idle is way too low. Airport elevation is 800 feet. 

On 9/18/2021 at 1:32 PM, Alvega said:

I don't think it's broken. As far as I know, idle in the real plane is between 600-700 rpm, so I think it's normal for the engine to stop below 600 rpm.

I just flew the Mooney after many months.  I taxied to the ramp after a 1 1/2 hours flight, and when I reduced power idle to begin shutting down the aircraft, the rpm kept dropping to under 400, and the engine quit. I restarted, and it did the exact same thing twice. I sent a ticket to Carenado. The idle speed is way too low. Airport elevation 800 feet. 

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

I just flew the Mooney after many months.  I taxied to the ramp after a 1 1/2 hours flight, and when I reduced power idle to begin shutting down the aircraft, the rpm kept dropping to under 400, and the engine quit. I restarted, and it did the exact same thing twice. I sent a ticket to Carenado. The idle speed is way too low. Airport elevation 800 feet. 

Yeah, I tested it some more and I agree with you it's broken. Hope they fix it soon.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

1 hour ago, Johnny Wyatt said:

Already reported it. 

Definitely got my money's worth out of the Mooney when I first purchased it so no complaints there - but so many aircraft with more character have come out since that these days it mainly gets handed to AI pilots in Neofly because Neofly seem to sell it stupidly cheap - your AI guys can pretty much pay for one in two trips. 

What I do like about the Mooney is the performance chart on the visor meaning you can just flip it down and pull your settings from there.

11 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

You don't know how to work the autopilot climb mode apparently.

Wow! Thanks so much for your nugget of wisdom!

Edited by gunther

8 hours ago, gunther said:

Wow! Thanks so much for your nugget of wisdom!

This is how I learned to work the AP.....   

I think the Mooney engine quits if you pull the idle back so far the voltages go negative.....

(agree is a bug, and wonder if this is some part of it)

Do you have the engine sound bug? Listen to the engine (more noticeable in exterior view), the sound switches between two engine sounds after a couple minutes.

1 minute ago, Johnny Wyatt said:

Do you have the engine sound bug? Listen to the engine (more noticeable in exterior view), the sound switches between two engine sounds after a couple minutes.

Yep,  definitely something funny going on with engine sound too