Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Hotfix 1.19.9.0 is now live!

I decided to buy the Steam version as I'm so fed up with the store version.  Installing on Steam and I get to this.

spacer.png

Just will not recognise it is connected to the Web.

• Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

5 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

I decided to buy the Steam version as I'm so fed up with the store version.  Installing on Steam and I get to this.

spacer.png

Even the Steam version is dependent on the MS servers.. be patient.. this should resolve itself.

Bert

14 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

spacer.png

Ouch!  I have the MS store version and I have no issues.  Now that I know that it needs the Xbox app from the last WU mess all is fine with the update today.

2 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

But I do agree with you MSFS update process should be more user friendly.

MS MUST work on this. I had my share of trouble with the MS Store upon initial installation a year ago, making me switch to Steam. No issues since (but DO NEVER VERIFY FILES).

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 4

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

If like me you own the steam version, then you still need to have the xBox app installed. But updates and all marketplace purchases will be done by Steam. You buy in the marketplace inside the sim exactly as you would if you have the MS store version. But the email receipt will come from Steam. And the paypal payment will be sent to Steam.

Steam version: to run MSFS, you click start the Steam client. And then start MSFS. If there is an update, then when you clicked that start the Steam client the small update will happen automatically without any drama. And then when you start MSFS the main update will happen automatically. And then there may be stuff in the Markeplace and content manager to also DL to complete the update.

Nothing had to be done with the xBox app, it just had to exist on the computer, and the xBox gamertag will display inside MSFS in the upper right corner when running the steam version just like when running any other version.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I have to say my sim is running very stutter free. Currently left Vancouver en route to KSFO in FBW A320 and it’s smooth as anything.  Not sure if it’s related to the hot fix or not but certainly not complaining!

• Like 1

I was kind of distracted this morning, and pretty much did the update on mental autopilot. No issues, everything was straightforward.

• Like 3

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

35 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

spacer.png

Ran into the same problem with my Steam install.  It logged me out of Xbox and then once I logged back in, things resolved themselves.

Chris

3 hours ago, John Fields said:

My case is incredible!

The update was installed in another folder and I can't play MSFS!

I had a similar problem once, update in the wrong location. Don't know if this will help, but this is what happened.

When an update was released a few months ago, and before I ran the update, I saw forum posted pictures of before and after update scenery and decided to do the same. So I logged off my internet connection and started MSFS. It still wanted to update but I was confused by the process because all the screens and notifications looked different than what I had seen before. Anyways, I restarted the internet connection and it updated but ended up with update in the wrong path.

I know you said  you cannot now start up MSFS but maybe you can if you have no internet connection. That was my situation during the above mess.

What worked was after MSFS started (with not internet connection) I then restarted the internet connection with MSFS still running. And went to the upper right gamertag icon and logged out. And then logged back in. And then logged out and in 2 or 3 more times, while also closing and restarting MSFS and also restarting (not shut down but restart) Windows.

Finally after a couple times of this, when I booted up MSFS with internet on beforehand, it showed no update had happened (even though it had) and I just pointed to the correct path and it did the update again, this time in the right path. And everything worked fine. I did not have to reinstall MSFS.

I can't remember exactly all that I did and what happened, but that is best as I recall.

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

3 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

It's a conspiracy to double MS revenue by making MS Store customers buy the Steam version also ... kidding!!  😉

...or to give up and buy an Xbox console from MS...not kidding.  Why else would they be ignoring this and so many other constantly recurring problems?

Edited by TASCHMANN

still no fix for the dissapearing buildings, missing rooftops, vanishing terminals etc etc in sweden! come on Asobo! wake up!!!

30 minutes ago, ctalpas said:

Ran into the same problem with my Steam install.  It logged me out of Xbox and then once I logged back in, things resolved themselves.

Chris

I click the sign in button in the Xbox app but nothing happens. I have re-installed it several times and spent hours researching why it won't recognise there is nothing wrong with the internet connection.

Benn trying to fix this for nearly 24 hours!  Everything else on Steam is fine, just this word not allowed xbox app.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

4 hours ago, AnkH said:

Tree draw distance seems not to be fixed. What a joke...

It wasn't listed as a fixed item.

What did you expect?

i9-13900K @ 5.8Ghz / Asus TUF 4090 OC / 32 GB DDR 5 / Corsair 1000W PS /  Pimax Crystal / 2 SATA SSD / 2TB M2 SSD/ DOF Reality H3 motion platform/ Win 11 

17 minutes ago, TASCHMANN said:

Why else would they be ignoring this and so many other constantly recurring problems?

Pre-defined development map, likely now three to five years old.  Any deployment of assets off that map likely require profound internal justification.  Otherwise it's just us mosquitos.  And unfortunately there exists mosquito repellant!

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

3 minutes ago, Gate99 said:

It wasn't listed as a fixed item.

What did you expect?

Er...  Asobo to have fixed a problem that has been there for most of the year and that they've already fixed once already?

• Like 2