Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ChaoticBeauty

Hotfix 1.19.9.0 is now live!

1 minute ago, RodgerC said:

Same here.  No matter what I do, can't get the update.

My case is incredible!

The update was installed in another folder and I can't play MSFS!

2 minutes ago, mpw8679 said:

These update threads just kill me.  I don’t know how so many people can have so much trouble.  If the update doesn’t work step back and take a break.  I’m sure the servers are overloaded.

If they kill you, do us all a favor and stop reading it while the rest of us try and figure the problem out

1 minute ago, John Fields said:

My case is incredible!

How coud this happend ?????????????

Stephan from Germany

My System

21 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Sure, was that for me or moderators?  This is just for MS Store, I haven't tested on Steam yet as my other Test PC is down at the moment.

Cheers, Rob.

I hope one of the mods does it. @cmpbellsjc?

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Has anyone considered the possibility that this isn't a problem at our end, but rather on the server side? We try different random stuff with XBox app and/or the MS Store and lo and behold suddenly it works, so that must be the "right" combination. Oh wait, mine didn't work... That's because you weren't holding your left earlobe when you hit the Update button, etc.

There's no way of knowing, but this sounds like some sort of sync/communications problem involving the servers of all those CDNs involved in the process. Have something to eat/drink, watch the latest episode of Ted Lasso, and come on back. Check the MS Store again, and once the load subsides, you'll get the update.

Or not? Whatever the cause it doesn't look like there's a specific, deterministic solution that will ensure that you get your update until the server load gets balanced and any comm bottlenecks get cleared.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

John Wiesenfeld KPBI | FAA PPL/SEL/IFR in a galaxy long ago and far away | VATSIM PILOT P2

i7-11700K, 32 GB DDR4 3.6 GHz, MSI RTX 3070ti, Dell 4K monitor

2 minutes ago, sal9000 said:

How coud this happend ?????????????

It is possible to change the folder manually.

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

4 minutes ago, John Fields said:

What to do? Uninstall it?

You don't have mirrored your drives? If not, you could possibly try a Windows System Restore when you have a recent restore point.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

With every update, reading the forums, I thank the sim gods I decided to buy on Steam. To think I was going to go the MS Store route until my sons said they wanted to go Steam rather. Forked out for 3 copies for 3 PC’s and updates are a breeze since day 1.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

6 minutes ago, RodgerC said:

If they kill you, do us all a favor and stop reading it while the rest of us try and figure the problem out

Every update I have waited till the next day to update.  Not one issue ever.  We wait weeks, sometimes months for these updates.  What is another 12 hours of waiting?  

Matt Wilson

2 minutes ago, RaptyrOne said:

With every update, reading the forums, I thank the sim gods I decided to buy on Steam. To think I was going to go the MS Store route until my sons said they wanted to go Steam rather. Forked out for 3 copies for 3 PC’s and updates are a breeze scince day 1.

I know right.  The only reason I chose Steam was because I like the idea of having all my games in one place..  Thank flip I did... 

13 minutes ago, John Fields said:

My case is incredible!

always double check where it's installing to. If it didn't wipe your old files you can redirect it back.

19 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Booting the 1.19.8.0 client without updating to 1.19.9.0 first would trigger a 5,85KB update, which only updated the two new discovery flights. However it seems to ask the user to head to the Microsoft Store now, so I will remove this notice.

Oh okay. Thank you! I understand.

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

1 hour ago, abrams_tank said:

Make sure the X-Box app is running first.  Close Microsoft Store.  Open Microsoft Store again.  Go to the page in MSFS in Microsoft Store and wait 5 minutes.  The update may show up around then (the update may not immediately show up).

Remember when you use X-Box app, you must use the same login information that you purchased MSFS with.  

You forgot to include stand on one leg, wave your arms, jump 3 times and shout abracadabra.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Microsoft store version owners should consider Steam - every time we see this nonsense - Steam works great every time - took me 20 seconds to update - life is to short 

Rich Sennett