Sign in to follow this  
spilok

My stutters and pauses have seemingly stopped

I always use PMDG 777 nothin else from / in to  VHHH , PANC , UUEE, KCVG, RJAA, RJBB, RKSI, RCTP, OMDB, EHAM, EDDP, LFPG, KORD, PHNL .. never try KLAX so far so good wit my routes

my add-ons : AIG for AI traffic ,ORBX central, some payware airports, AS & ASCA, ChasePlane, Navigraph, envshade..

OPERATING SYSTEM: MS Windows 10 Professional | CPU : i9-10900X | MEMORY : 32GB CORSAIR  | GPU :  RTX 3060 Ti | SYSTEM DRIVE : 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe M.2 | SIMULATOR : PREPAR3D v5.2 Professional | MONITOR : LG 32" G-SYNC | CONTROLS: CH-Trottle Quandrant | Honeycomb Yoke | Thrustmaster

Edited by georgio1952

Stan, Do you have a G-Sync monitor by any chance?  

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

5 hours ago, psolk said:

Stan, Do you have a G-Sync monitor by any chance?  

Yes.  My LG is a G-Sync monitor.  However, whenever I have used that feature, I did NOT get good performance.  I've tried using it off and on for about a year now.

Stan

On 9/22/2021 at 8:34 PM, spilok said:

But after loading the latest Nvidia driver 472.12,....

uhhrrrr.... Nvidia lists version 471.96 as their most recent driver.
Is 472.xx a pre-release or am I missing something?

Edit:
Never mind. It is the 'studio' version of the driver (and not the 'game ready' version)

Edited by Egbert Drenth
Mistory solved..

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

27 minutes ago, Egbert Drenth said:

uhhrrrr.... Nvidia lists version 471.96 as their most recent driver.
Is 472.xx a pre-release or am I missing something?

Edit:
Never mind. It is the 'studio' version of the driver (and not the 'game ready' version)

I had a DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG with those Studio drivers after pausing P3Dv5.2 HF1 when airborne a few minutes after takeoff. I've reverted to 471.96 and need to test a pause with those.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I installed this new driver and must say that performance has indeed improved.  I don't remember the previous version I used, but it was from over a year ago.

In order to solve my stuttering problem I had to turn off EA.  However, I still get stutters if I open the GPS or the navigation map and zoom out to >50 miles.  When I do this, CPU usage jumps to 100% on all cores and the sim stutters and slows so as to become unusable. It is quite bizarre and never happened in P3Dv4.5, so something specific to v5 is causing the GPS and nav map to overtax the CPU when they load their data. 

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

Btw does anybody remember where that 30fps limit in NCP came from?

Watch your autogen guys, particularly when flying fast and long.

I still have that limit set in NCP plus FFTF Dynamic and my flights are butter-smooth.

YMMV

Cheers.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Luke said:

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

Lists a non-studio version of 472.12... at least for a 1070.

Cheers!

Thanks for the link.
I guess it's a bug in Nvidia web page.
This page only shows the 471.96 for the 1080Ti:
https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

What's the difference between Studio and Game drivers? Just installed the latest, Game type. Now gonna make an airliner flight to see what happens. I haven't touched NCP nor selected to clean it, as it has some customised options.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

On 9/28/2021 at 4:41 AM, Ray Proudfoot said:

I had a DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG with those Studio drivers after pausing P3Dv5.2 HF1 when airborne a few minutes after takeoff. I've reverted to 471.96 and need to test a pause with those.

I always use the studio version, including the most current...no issues, no problems, solid performance 

Sherm