Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Bonanza fixes after SU6

It would appear that SU6 broke the outside registration numbers and the inside ASI in my favorite airplane.

The culprits are the four LOD00 files in the model folder.

I have logged this at Zendesk, but in the interim you can replace these files by the SU5 version if you kept a backup..

For those who did not, here they are:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/w4o380vzsfdqa7n/Bonanza_g36_LOD00.zip?dl=0

I struggled with "too long path name" errors as I made the changes.. I hope you have less trouble. 🙂

If you end up not liking the changes or something gets screwed up, you can delete the Bonanza and reinstall it in MSFS.

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 12
  • Upvote 3

Bert

Thank you Bert - you are a genius Sir!

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Thanks Bert!

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

@Bert Pieke is one of those altruistic souls who DOES more and talks less... he's been instrumental in many an aeroplane becoming eminently usable... heck @Carenado should send him royalties for all the work he's done on their aircraft in FSX and P3D.

We are lucky to have him making the transition to MSFS with us.

C

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

@Bert Pieke - A while ago you also identified a small edit (delete a couple lines in a cfg file) to the RY B36 to address a conflict with float planes I believe it was. The edit affected some prop animations on the B36. 

I forgot about that until now and ran SU6 without reverting those changes first. Might that cause problems now?

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

3 minutes ago, RaptyrOne said:

@Bert Pieke - A while ago you also identified a small edit (delete a couple lines in a cfg file) to the RY B36 to address a conflict with float planes I believe it was. The edit affected some prop animations on the B36. 

I forgot about that until now and ran SU6 without reverting those changes first. Might that cause problems now?

I do not think so... I still have that edit active.

• Like 2

Bert

Bert - a T/O from KBFI, a T & G at SEA, a solid 104kt climb to 5600, a spin, then a landing with a full-on slip back onto SEA in the 36 - and the old girl is back!!.

You are now in my will!  🤑 
Thank You.  

pj

(PS. You might think about a job at Asobo. . . .)

• Like 2

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

I struggled with "too long path name" errors as I made the changes.. I hope you have less trouble. 🙂

Took me an uninstall and full reinstall after SU5 to circumvent the long path issue.  My MSFS installation is now simply located at D:\MSFS2020 and Community and Official are at the next level.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

9 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

It would appear that SU6 broke the outside registration numbers and the inside ASI in my favorite airplane.

I have logged this at Zendesk, but in the interim you can replace these files by the SU5 version if you kept a backup..

For those who did not, here they are:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/w4o380vzsfdqa7n/Bonanza_g36_LOD00.zip?dl=0

If you end up not liking the changes or something gets screwed up, you can delete the Bonanza and reinstall it in MSFS.

All you have to do, to avoid 'too long path names'....is to place your zip folder right in the model folder, and then use 7 zip to EXTRACT HERE.   Done...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, fppilot said:

Took me an uninstall and full reinstall after SU5 to circumvent the long path issue.  My MSFS installation is now simply located at D:\MSFS2020 and Community and Official are at the next level.

All you have to do, to avoid 'too long path names'....is to place your zip folder right in the model folder, and then use 7 zip to EXTRACT HERE.   Done...

4 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Thanks.  Not sure that would have worked with my original install location. No need to find any avoid now.  Taken care of with new shallow custom install location.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

7 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Good tip!

Bert

16 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Thank you Bert...installed your offering...