Sign in to follow this  
cepact

Still no news from PMDG

We usually get updates each month, but not this time....

They promised the release of the 737 for Q4 2021, which ends in less than 2 months yet we still don't have any interior pictures nor beta test announcement. I'd be very surprised if they don't delay it.

• Upvote 1

I'm sure it will be here for Christmas.  I remember the days when devs didn't show progress and boom....a product was released hehe.

• Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

4 minutes ago, cepact said:

We usually get updates each month, but not this time....

They promised the release of the 737 for Q4 2021, which ends in less than 2 months yet we still don't have any interior pictures nor beta test announcement. I'd be very surprised if they don't delay it.

PMDG are just letting me work plenty of overtime to get my Simming budget back in a healthy state, then they'll  release the 737.😉

• Like 4

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

As part of the PMDG beta team, I can tell you exactly....nothing!  Not because of an NDA in this case...but because of how PMDG compartmentalizes their beta teams.  I'm on "a" beta team (GFO and painters)...but not the 737 beta team.  So I really only know as much as y'all do.

Now...when (if it hasn't already happened...can't disclose either way) they get her to the stage where they want to start augmenting the paints the great PMDG painter hasn't done (you can imagine there are a LOT of 737 liveries), they may throw her to the painters to get more paints ready for release day.  They did this with the last 737 release for P3D, and I was able to have these ready for release day:lyCx64.jpg

I expect to have the same opportunity for the MSFS release, but again can't confirm if it will (or already has) happen(ed).   Its like this hilarious scene from Shrek when you're a member of the PMDG beta team and trying not to disclose what you may (or may not) know:

• Like 6

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

They better release it before the Fenix Airbus or they'll have to wait a while to get my money. It's going to be an expensive next 6 months! - PMDG 737, Fenix Airbus, Aerosoft Twotter, Milviz ATR, Asobo An-2, AH DC3, Leonardo MD11.. 💰💰💸💸💸💸

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, jpe828 said:

A thread for no news? Oh dear. 

The end is near.

• Like 1

Specs: 11900K (5ghz), 64GB ram 3600mhz, RTX 3080 ti

So the last developer update from Fenix's website was October 8th. That's one week after PMDG's last update. Maybe these guys are just busy trying to complete their product.

• Upvote 1

NAX669.png

No news is good news because it means they are hard at work getting her ready for previews and release.

Atleast we don't have to wait another 12+ months for the NG3, atleast I hope we dont...looking at you Asobo!

Don't worry. He'll be there before christmas. It's long, i know. But they're working hard to get it out. They're also working on the tutorial.

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement

Please excuse my ignorance on this, but why is it called the NGXu?  And what real life models of the 737 will it cover?

I can see Steve's repaints of the 600 and 700 models, but I can see 800, 900, and 900EX photos on the internet.  So will it cover all of these eventually?

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

30 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Please excuse my ignorance on this, but why is it called the NGXu?  And what real life models of the 737 will it cover?

I can see Steve's repaints of the 600 and 700 models, but I can see 800, 900, and 900EX photos on the internet.  So will it cover all of these eventually?

The msfs version isn’t the ngxu, the ngxu was labelled for the second p3d 737 that was released, originally the ngx3 was suppose to be a p3d thing but then things changed with msfs and i believe PMDG labeled the p3d second release ngxu - u being for update to their original 737 for p3d…msfs release is now the ngx3 

Edited by flyinpilot212121
  • Like 1

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

I believe Steve’s repaints that you see are from P3D. I have to believe the rollout will be the same as before. The 800/900 will be first with the 600/700 to follow as an add on. I could be wrong but this is the way PMDG has done it previously.

• Like 1

NAX669.png