Sign in to follow this  
cepact

Still no news from PMDG

One of the the reasons I enjoy community driven open source projects is that you can see the status of development at any time and if you want to, you can install development and experimental branches.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Please excuse my ignorance on this, but why is it called the NGXu?

Because it sounds more complex from a marketing standpoint, and because people don't know that there is no such Boeing aeroplane variant with a name even remotely similar to that. 🤣

• Like 6

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Just to note that PMDG did not "promise" anything re release, they never do "promise" yet the interweb loves to attach "promise" to any, always vague, estimates.

• Like 1

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

28 minutes ago, BillC said:

Just to note that PMDG did not "promise" anything re release, they never do "promise" yet the interweb loves to attach "promise" to any, always vague, estimates.

No I’m pretty sure they promised a discount for MSFS 737 to the people who purchased the new 737 for p3d.

Edited by Ridvan Celik
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Ridvan Celik said:

No I’m pretty sure they promised a discount for MSFS 737 to the people who purchased the new 737 for p3d.

Nothing on their site says that

3 minutes ago, Ridvan Celik said:

It was valid until 31st december 2019. Now it's expired.

i9-11900K (5.3 GHz), 64 GB RAM (DDR4 3600), RTX 3070, 1 TB (M.2 SSD). Windows 10 Pro. Installed Sims: MSFS 2020.

3 minutes ago, Mirach said:

It was valid until 31st december 2019. Now it's expired.

Hence why I said people who purchased the 737. Whatever the cut off was. If you got it before then you get the discount simple. A promise was made in black and white which is in relation to what I’m replying to.

Edited by Ridvan Celik
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, georgiosgiannoukos said:

Hope the PMDG keep their promises for a discount for those who purchased their NGXu for P3D

NVM see post above

Edited by jbdbow1970

10 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Please excuse my ignorance on this, but why is it called the NGXu?  And what real life models of the 737 will it cover?

I can see Steve's repaints of the 600 and 700 models, but I can see 800, 900, and 900EX photos on the internet.  So will it cover all of these eventually?

10 hours ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

The msfs version isn’t the ngxu, the ngxu was labelled for the second p3d 737 that was released, originally the ngx3 was suppose to be a p3d thing but then things changed with msfs and i believe PMDG labeled the p3d second release ngxu - u being for update to their original 737 for p3d…msfs release is now the ngx3 

This but also,

The "u" for uppdate/upgrade as if you bought the NGXu the price was/is taken off the MSFS version for a limited time if you bought the NGXu for P3D. I bought it becasue of the MSFS offer, the MSFS could well be free  for me or at very little cost around £30!

But there is not an NG that called the NGX, the X is from Flight sim X and every tom, dick and harry slaped an X on the end of there products. 

The MSFS version I think will be called NG3 I dont think "X" will be in it. It could even come as the NG &/or NG MAX as the MAX was going to be with the NGXu for P3D....Ive got a headache writing that...Just call it the NG!!!!! PMDG. .....O...way to many cap letters.....😄🤪

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

8 hours ago, mwilk said:

I believe Steve’s repaints that you see are from P3D. I have to believe the rollout will be the same as before. The 800/900 will be first with the 600/700 to follow as an add on. I could be wrong but this is the way PMDG has done it previously.

The are from P3D.  As far as the rollout strategy, I'd assume as you do that they'd do it the same as before....only time has the answer. 🙂

8 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

The MSFS version I think will be called NG3 I dont think "X" will be in it. It could even come as the NG &/or NG MAX as the MAX was going to be with the NGXu for P3D....Ive got a headache writing that...Just call it the NG!!!!! PMDG. .....O...way to many cap letters..

I agree that the alphabet soup of letters can get confusing...but in the end...I think it will be unmistakable when it releases that it will be for MSFS...and for me, like Vasquez in this classic line from the movie Aliens (with chatter from the late, great Bill Paxton in the background)

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

17 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

As far as the rollout strategy, I'd assume as you do that they'd do it the same as before....only time has the answer. 🙂

I have a feeling it will be a bit different this time. To present, all the shots that PMDG have shown have been of the 700. I think it will be part of the first batch (unless you have some inside information which I could be killed for knowing🙂).

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

3 minutes ago, Barnes said:

I have a feeling it will be a bit different this time. To present, all the shots that PMDG have shown have been of the 700. I think it will be part of the first batch (unless you have some inside information which I could be killed for knowing🙂).

Yeah hard to say....and even if I knew I couldn't say...or even say if I knew or not! 😵 

I would gladly share inside info with a Gorn if it weren't for one thing.....Yes, like you mentioned...I'd have to kill you afterwards, but as its been well demonstrated, Gorns are notoriously hard to kill!   You seem to have great resilience to Styrofoam rocks and boulders!😆

• Like 3

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

1 minute ago, Steve Dra said:

Yeah hard to say....and even if I knew I couldn't say...or even say if I knew or not! 😵 

I would gladly share inside info with a Gorn if it weren't for one thing.....Yes, like you mentioned...I'd have to kill you afterwards, but as its been well demonstrated, Gorns are notoriously hard to kill!   You seem to have great resilience to Styrofoam rocks and boulders!😆

All kidding aside, I assume your first repaint will be for Gornar-Repitillian Airways?

• Like 2

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11