Sign in to follow this  
cepact

Still no news from PMDG

PMDG has done outstanding entrepreneurial work.

Getting paid more than two years before delivering a product.

Basically a 0% interest credit.

Outstanding move.

I've got a feeling we may see the MAX and the NGX3 (or whatever its called) get released at the same time for MSFS. We have been hearing they are working on a MAX for a very a long time now, even before the groundings in real life with absolutely no preview screenshots at all. I maybe wrong, but im sure i remember reading somewhere in the PMDG forum that they were holding back on the releasing the MAX until all of its real world problems had blown over. Releasing a fully working MAX out of the blue for MSFS would be great publicity.       

On 11/5/2021 at 7:20 AM, Drumcode said:

I know that with the last release, Randazzo worked on and released some training videos for their YT channel. These were out at least a month before release, so IF we go by what happened last time, we may not be as close as we want to be with the release of the NG. All speculation, please don't kill me.

But that was for the DC-6, which is probably an aircraft few simmers have flown with, and thus has a very different degree of complexity in terms of familiarity.  I get the feeling that most long-time simmers have owned/flown the NGX, and are familiar with the workings of modern jetliners.  So I'm not sure a set of training videos would be necessary -- and, even if they were, there are lots of videos of flying the NGX already out there on YouTube.

• Like 1

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

Every PMDG product has been worth waiting for so far. Don't rush it guys. 

Specs: 11900K (5ghz), 64GB ram 3600mhz, RTX 3080 ti

20 minutes ago, rocketlaunch said:

Every PMDG product has been worth waiting for so far. Don't rush it guys. 

100%, history has shown that you know what you will get when you purchase a pmdg product, having said that, still anxious and ready for it and would be lying if i said i don't want it now, but at the same time I am willing to wait another 6-12 months if that's whats required. Either way, i for one consider the pmdg 737 an instant buy when its released no questions asked.

• Like 1

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

5 hours ago, Konterhalbe said:

PMDG has done outstanding entrepreneurial work.

Getting paid more than two years before delivering a product.

Basically a 0% interest credit.

Outstanding move.

If your referring to the 737 discount, those who paid "up front" did receive a product at time of purchase.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

6 minutes ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

If your referring to the 737 discount, those who paid "up front" did receive a product at time of purchase.

Yeah which pretty much makes his statement non valid. We got the new 737 for p3d plus a discount on the upcoming one for msfs. I say it’s a pretty good deal.

I was using p3d at the time and got my money’s worth from the then new 737. Now I will get a new 737 for msfs and get my moneys worth again… this time with a discount. 

1 hour ago, james42 said:

I've got a feeling we may see the MAX and the NGX3 (or whatever its called) get released at the same time for MSFS. We have been hearing they are working on a MAX for a very a long time now, even before the groundings in real life with absolutely no preview screenshots at all. I maybe wrong, but im sure i remember reading somewhere in the PMDG forum that they were holding back on the releasing the MAX until all of its real world problems had blown over. Releasing a fully working MAX out of the blue for MSFS would be great publicity.       

I'm prrrreetttyy sure you wont see either of those in 2021. 

• Like 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

10 minutes ago, Ridvan Celik said:

Yeah which pretty much makes his statement non valid. We got the new 737 for p3d plus a discount on the upcoming one for msfs. I say it’s a pretty good deal.

I was using p3d at the time and got my money’s worth from the then new 737. Now I will get a new 737 for msfs and get my moneys worth again… this time with a discount. 

Agreed! that and the fact that the offer was only valid till December of that year. So don't really see it as getting paid in advance for a product 2 years in development that's yet to be released. You paid the 100$ or whatever it was, were able to download and install a product for P3D for paying said 100$ on that date while being promised getting 100$ off the NGX3 when released, Which I have no doubt in my mind whatsoever that it will be honored when your ready to buy the msfs version.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, james42 said:

You're right, although a slight yet important difference is that they are actually waiting for Boeing's approval, as per their own forum post, rather than going with their own judgement of when the time is right. They said if Boeing isn't happy with them releasing it and any potential unwanted attention (YT videos trying to recreate the accidents, e. g.), it could have bad consequences for future Boeing-based products. I think it's thus the right decision to wait until Boeing actually giver their OK, but, even though I can't wait to have a good MAX in my simulator, I fear it might still be a long way out, although I hope I'm completely wrong about this. Personally, I think things have settled down enough to release a flight simulator addon, but apparently Boeing don't think so. It also seems the criminal prosecution saga has just begun with the first person being indicted. I wouldn't be surprised if Boeing say they won't have a complex MAX being released for the flight simming public now in the light of the first federal lawsuits coming in, which will likely get a lot of media attention.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Yeah, you're right folks, didn't think of the fact that you had received the 737 for P3D too. 😉

Still clever marketing by PMDG tho