Sign in to follow this  
MadDog

Things that make you go "Hmmm"

To begin, I want to stress that I have a lot of respect for Asobo and believe that they have truly worked miracles in many areas of the sim; but some of their design decisions (not really bugs) still leave me scratching my head.  Here's my top five (in no particular order):

1.  Let's provide some of the most beautiful default aircraft ever included with a sim; but the doors must remain welded shut.

2.  Let's make the noses on some of the AI aircraft extra pointy and chop off some of their tails... nobody will notice and it will increase performance by .0001%.

3.  Let's pop up a dialogue box to quit when the aircraft shuts down... who wants to bother with all those other switches anyway.

4.  Let's show a neat swirly icon in the corner every once in a while to remind the user that the sim is doing something.

5.  Let's create a 30 sec. pause when starting the program where absolutely nothing happens... it will match up well with the 30 sec. "checking for updates" screen.

So what are some of the non-bugs associated with Flight Simulator that make you go "hmmm"?  Again, I'm really not trying to smear or insult the developers in any way (I think they're doing a good job overall); I just thought this might be a fun and cathartic exercise.

Edited by MadDog
  • Like 10
  • Upvote 6

That is a pretty good list.. the only thing I might quibble with is the sequence... I would put number 5 at the top 🙂

Next one:

6. Lets show random "Bonanza like" airplanes in a multi-player session, instead of the real aircraft, and change the livery colour every once in a while to keep things interesting..

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 4

Bert

2 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

I would put number 5 at the top 🙂

Yup...I really didn't put them in a particular order... fixed 🙂

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

16 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

6. Lets show random "Bonanza like" airplanes in a multi-player session, instead of the real aircraft, and change the livery colour every once in a while to keep things interesting..

Oh so YES! In fact, double YES.

• Like 2

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

7. Let's fork cliffs and other airport vehicle be on a mission to hit aircraft or drive on the runway just to make airports look busy.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

28 minutes ago, Silicus said:

7. Let's fork cliffs…

Hah with the mesh issues, this autocorrect gem actually makes sense…😆

• Like 1

Need to increase resource use in setup screens so MSFS uses 380% of available resources rather than the 150% it uses now!

• Like 2

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

Hmmm!

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 hour ago, MadDog said:

2.  Let's make the noses on some of the AI aircraft extra pointy and chop off some of their tails... nobody will notice and it will increase performance by .0001%

2b. Let's fade the wheels (15 triangles total for all wheels) out at a distance of at most 30ft and the whole plane at 900ft to increase performance by another .0001%

298.  Let's have lightly dressed marshallers leading arriving planes into their parking spots even at the most remote airstrips in Alaska.

299. Place the only active parking position on airstrips without ground personnell 6ft in front of the only building around, and spawn the plane with the prop against the building, saving space. If there is no building, place at least 3 ground crew members somewhere in the prop circle, with one walking in a circle through the cockpit. Ah, that's why it's called "ground meat".

300. At night, turn the headlamp off when the user hits the master switch, because the panel lights switches would be too obvious.

301. Give all taxiways fantasy designators, then let ground control not use them and give the user useful taxi instructions like "N12345, taxi to parking via taxiway" in case he had planned to not use taxiway, instead plow through the meadows, milk a cow and then drive through the terminal to pick up a (ground meat) burger on the way to the GAT, which is to be placed at the diagonally opposed end of where the user expects it, or where the charts claim it would be.

Edited by Captain Nuts
  • Like 4

Its a 10 year project....

• Like 1

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

25 minutes ago, BIGSKY said:

Its a 10 year project....

Hehe this is true.  I truly have magnificent moments and then I have double facepalm moments in the sim.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Let's make wipers that swing left and right vehemently but do not wipe a single drop of rain😄 ( I am writing this again and again as MS/ Asobo did not even take this glitch seriously as there were not enough complainers!!)

• Like 3

Prizes for opening doors in flight !

Hooray you chose door #2, this allows you to see more of the pretty mountains!

Oh I'm sorry door #1 is a Zonk! (Flight terminates).

• Like 2

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Let's make a super realistic weather system but only use cumulus clouds! 🤣

(Don't worry, others are coming. Hopefully we'll get lenticular, corkscrew, and vortex phenomena too!)

Edited by WestAir
  • Like 2

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.