Sign in to follow this  
MadDog

Things that make you go "Hmmm"

12 hours ago, Captain Nuts said:

instead plow through the meadows, milk a cow and then drive through the terminal to pick up a (ground meat) burger

You are absolutely nuts!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Since to me this is a fun thread:

Let's give them permission to land and then, when they do, tell them they didn't have clearnce and yell at them to get off the runway.

do we have clearance Clarence?

• Like 1

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

1. Here's a bright idea: Every time you save a flight plan then reload it, remove the weather option just to teach those virtual pilots that once they've chosen weather for one flight, the same flight a day later MUST have exactly the same weather. It's compulsory - that'll teach 'em.

2. Oh, another really bright idea. Remove all the menus that enable you to change location, airport, aircraft, etc, etc,  or do anything useful, unless you go back to the MAIN MENU. Everything must be done via the MAIN MENU, just because. (with acknowledgement to others who mentioned this before).

3. A really bright idea: Put a helpful notice at the bottom of the loading screen that says "you can go anywhere in the world". Well blow me down - who would have thought!

4. This is the brightest idea of the lot: I know - every time we do a minor update to fix a small thing, we'll make everyone download virtually THE WHOLE SIM all over again - all 100+ gigs of it. That'll keep the punters occupied. Oh, and we'll restrict our servers to 8 Mbits/second, just to encourage them to stare into space while waiting two days to download a patch.

• Like 5

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Let's make it so that user settings in the main menu are not saved. And not remember airports the user entered.

Also, let's forklift.

• Like 1

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

We have, to prepare a flight, a wonderful satellite map of the world with tens thousands  of airfields... without the altitude for any of them.

Hmmm...

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

24 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

without the altitude for any of them.

or weather -- that I can find anyway.  

I hope WT does a good job on the remake.

• Like 1

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

12 hours ago, irocx said:

HMMMMM.

spacer.png

What's wrong with this?

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Flying in PNG looking for bush strips, there are loads of them but sadly there are very tall trees right up to the threshold on most of them. Runway useless, I can't land and even if I could I wouldn't get airborne again........mmmmm

• Like 1

i7-4790k @ 4.4ghz for the moment. Asus z87-k mobo. GTX 1080, 32gb ram. couple of SSDs....Saitek X52

2 hours ago, sightseer said:

or weather -- that I can find anyway.  

I hope WT does a good job on the remake.

Remake?

17 minutes ago, March Hare said:

Remake?

yes.  working title have been tasked with updating the flight planner as I understand it.  I am hopefully not wrong.

I wonder if someday we will have  a thread titled " Whiners Only"...

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310