Sign in to follow this  
remcosol

Future of p3d ?

I think a big invisible part of this thread is more vs enough vs less.
It's age related that's an inverse relationship.
The younger you are, the more you want.
The older you are, the less you need.
I would like to see data on average age of MS users vs P3D users.
Yes, I know there are exceptions, as is the case in pretty much everything.

Just a thought.

• Like 1

From what I am seeing a bunch of MSFS2020 users are just coming here to spread hate towards us, P3D users. This is pointless and we are fighting this the whole thread. It is time those people to stop. It's P3D forum, as I say for I don't know which time. 

1 hour ago, newtie said:

I'm currently flying just one.

Like one of my parents told me more than once: Mark, you've got a drawer full of expensive knives; none of them sharp.

Good point but just having that one knife to use though gets really, really boring after a while.  I have a lot of aircraft but I stick to learning one at a time.  What I do is make my own custom notes for many aircraft, especially more complex ones.  I always go over those notes and sometimes skim through the manuals again if necessary before jumping in another aircraft.  I think you are missing out on a world of fun by only flying one single aircraft all the time.

2 hours ago, PavlinS said:

From what I am seeing a bunch of MSFS2020 users are just coming here to spread hate towards us, P3D users. This is pointless and we are fighting this the whole thread. It is time those people to stop. It's P3D forum, as I say for I don't know which time. 

Friend, this is the last response I will make here. I don’t “spread hate” anywhere or anytime. I’ve been a member of this forum (Avsim) under a couple of monikers for well over 25 years. You can just stow that ridiculously absurd hyperbole.
-B

Edited by btacon
  • Like 14
  • Upvote 4

7 hours ago, btacon said:

active and constant development

P3D is also under active and constant development. They just don't communicate it. The updates are also less frequent (which doesn't mean less advancement), but that also has advantages.

7 hours ago, btacon said:

it then becomes the obvious choice for flight simulation

Not for everyone...

• Like 2

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

8 hours ago, PavlinS said:

The curious thing is that you are abandoning a simulator in which you invested so much money, time and I presume effort. 

Nothing curious about this. You can invest as much money as you want into as much addons as you want. When you reach a point where the simulator doesn't let you enjoy these addons enough anymore, it's time to move on. I have also invested hundreds of dollars (I haven't reached the thousand, fortunately, but not far) into P3D addons, including excellent OrbX sceneries and A2A aircraft. But in the end, I don't enjoy using them anymore. Yes I love starting my Spitfire or Mustang on the parking, yes... then I start taxiing and the pleasure is gone. That's exactly the same feeling all the simmers who moved away (to MSFS or XP) are getting, and that was described above.

We are not like you. We stick with P3D because no matter how " good" [ my opinion - oversaturated] MSFS2020 is it still lacks good flight model. I had seen streamers struggling to land any study level plane that this sim offers, which means that this sim needs something that still do not have which is good control surfaces.

That's just your opinion and comments about flight models are varied, from bad to extremely good. Same in P3D, by the way. A lot of us are in fact very happy with the flight model, and when investigating a bit, many negative comments were mostly due to incorrect controller configuration (response curves, sensibility etc...). But your comment is sounding like users of other sims are not interested in flight models quality, which is totally wrong. You are severely overestimating your good taste...

And with P3D and the amount of scenery created for it and the possibilities it can offer it is clear winner when it comes to control surfaces, airplane behavior and shading as well. To me you are clearly neglecting that sim, just because you see that numbers of developers left it. 

The amount of possibilities that P3D can offer is indeed still a bit higher than MSFS, but that might not be true if comparing with XP. When it comes to the amount of scenery created, you should consider how many of them became basically useless (or already there by default) in MSFS, instead of comparing raw numbers. For control surfaces or aircraft behavior , this is very debatable. And when it comes to shading, sorry but there's no debate at all, as it's clearly one of the weakest points of P3D compared to other sims.

But this does not mean there won't be any other developers striking for creation of new scenery. And add-on's. FSLabs still produces planes, I personally found a fix for the problem of PMDG landings with bounce and unstable speed control.

You might get some more sceneries in future, but how many ? Are you sure the old sceneries will still work in P3Dv6 ?

As for FSLabs, let me correct one error: they still produce ONE plane for P3D, the Concorde. And that's for v5, not v6. And after that Concorde, they will be gone. There is no addon maker willing to spend X years developing an aircraft and sell a few copies to the P3D simmers. It's simply impossible from a financial point of view, or they would have to sell the aircraft only to professional level, which means several thousand of dollars per copy.

P3D offers much more customization than FS2020. 

People are being lazy towards simming lately, because new users do not care for tweaking and solving of bugs and problems. 

That's one giant difference between FS2020 users and P3D users. 

The fact you are neglecting your previous sim because of it does not mean we should follow your lead.  

Thanks for your kind comments regarding the users of other sims. That tells a lot about what kind of nice and smart person you are 🙂

Edited by Daube
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 10

8 hours ago, Kalnon said:

You really only fly five different aircraft!?!?  God bless you if that's all you need but I would never be satisfied only flying five.  There are so many fascinating aircraft out there to experience.  I have about 15 different aircraft for P3Dv5 and that's not including all the aircraft I own for X-Plane 11/12 🤣

I have the Vertx DA62 primarily for its G1000 panel which I love. The Carenado PC12 as it’s another lovely looking aircraft and goes quite a bit faster than the DA62.

Then there’s the Xtreme Prototypes Lear 25 which goes like a rocket. The PMDG737NGXu is almost mandatory of course and finally Concorde which needs no explanation.

Speed-wise they go from 165kts to Mach 2. I consider myself pretty proficient in flying them all. They all get used on a regular basis. Any more and there’s only so much time to fly so each one would be used less.

Do you fly all of yours or only some?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

This silly conversation/debate of "why this is obvious over that" has happened in the past between FSX and P3D or between P3D and XP? if it has, I didn't notice it...

I want to read updates, I want to know what people think or want from the platform... not someone to "point me in the direction of what he thinks is the obvious"... because if it was that "obvious" I'd have been there ages ago!

• Upvote 2

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

7 hours ago, PavlinS said:

Calm down !!!
What's going on with you? Do not take everything so personally !
And please do not always talk about 'WE' when you mean 'I' !

I, for example, do not agree with you at all - if one likes MSFS2020, it's OK !

So please restrain your hate against users who also like other sims !!!!!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 6

kind regards, ggerolamo

spacer.png                       spacer.png

9 hours ago, PavlinS said:

MSFS2020 users are just coming here to spread hate towards us, P3D users

Huh?

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

9 hours ago, PavlinS said:

I do not see that at all. All I see are former P3D users who are genuinely impressed by MSFS2020, and have moved on. There is nothing wrong with that. We have all done it multiple times since the dawn of the flight simulation age on home computers.

• Like 6

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I apologize. I was out of line there. Anyway, I am stopping for now.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

I think oftentimes the problem is that personal preferences are stated as facts.

I think it is fair to say MSFS has advantages over P3D, but the other way round is also true. The question "which sim do I like more" comes down to personal preference (as it is true for a lot of things).

That said, I can understand why some feel like Pavlin. There are posts that - intentionally or not - feel condescending...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

If the physics in MSFS were as good as P3D and X-Plane, I would probably ditch P3D and X-Plane to be honest.  It's a beautiful sim but that's the main reason I don't use it a lot.  I feel like there's a disconnect from me the virtual pilot, to the aircraft itself.  I feel little sense of inertia and the weight of the aircraft when I fly MSFS aircraft, and I've even tried several 3rd party aircraft of all different price ranges and they feel the same to me. P3D flight model is good, tried and true and then there's the X-Plane flight model which is a very unique feeling.  I go for feeling over looks personally.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

In my brief foray into the other sim, I found myself looking out the window 90% of the time and flying the aircraft 10% of the time. Shock and amazement initially turned into boredom over time. Maybe I'm the only one. You never know. 🙃

• Upvote 1