Then I registered with AOL email. With a ton of Q. Why? Isn't CAPTCHA enough

Then waiting for Email Verification.  Checked SPAM folder ...Nothing

Resend Verification

Still Nothing.

Edited by Manny
  • Like 1

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

It's not instant, you need to get vetted first Manny. If you ever said anything bad about AIG, you're instantly disqualified from the cool AI. 

• Like 4

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

3 minutes ago, Manny said:

Do I have to register?

Yes

Resend Verification

Still Nothing.

Glad it’s not just me, I’m also waiting for the verification email, must be inundated I guess, or a system issue?

• Like 1

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

1 minute ago, Drumcode said:

It's not instant, you need to get vetted first Manny. If you ever said anything bad about AIG, you're instantly disqualified from the cool AI. 

🙂 

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

2 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

Sounds like a Cult. 

• Like 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Sounds like a Cult. 

It is a bit like that.  I have never quite managed to get my head around using their stuff - all a bit opaque.

Bruce

• Like 1

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Just don't partake.  Someone will get the clue.

bs

• Like 1

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

13 minutes ago, bean_sprout said:

Just don't partake.  Someone will get the clue.

bs

Will they? I recall a X-plane add-on dev, who make great aircraft, not getting it. And, a certain Airbus dev who, apparently, lost their mind over piracy. Paranoia runs strong and deep among some developers.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Getting hacked is not paranoia, It's a current common occurrence. If you've ever had to rebuild or reclaim a website, you might understand. 2 websites I'm connected with each get hit 50 - 100 times a day... Paranoia, it's not. 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

58 minutes ago, Manny said:

Why do they make it so hard?

I rarely make repeat purchases in cases like you described.  Is this only commercial traffic (vs including GA)?

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

18 minutes ago, RichieFly said:

Paranoia runs strong and deep among some developers.

And some simmers I would imagine.

bs

• Like 3

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

It's free. Maybe if AIG charged $40 for this it would be easier. I don't know.

NAX669.png

3 hours ago, Manny said:

Do I have to register?

Yes

Resend Verification

Still Nothing.

Here's an idea - If you think its too hard go find another AI product for MSFS. Oh wait......

I don't understand people who whinge and complain about a free product, particularly one that so word not allowed good.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

Over the last 24 hours I've seen a lot of similar complaints about getting started with OCI.
Perhaps a little perspective if I may.
AIG is not Aerosoft, PMDG or any other full time pros. We are a collection of hobbyists who devote almost all of our hobby time to making the best AI we can. We are not a commercial organisation, infact the whole thing costs us money.
Please can some of you cut a bit of slack our way if things are slow or not perfect?

Firstly this is a beta program. There will be bugs and issues. If you do not want to deal with beta software please wait for the full stable release.
Secondly we do not have 24 hour dedicated support like many payware devs. The support is done as best we can bearing in mind we have jobs, families and can only devote some spare time to this each day. Forum registration is nothing new and is required at pretty much any forum these days. Why its taking a while for verifications to get sent out I am not sure but I would suspect its to do with volume and demand.
Thirdly, slow downloads and things perhaps glitching/timing out...........Speaking for myself, my own website has seen about a 3,000% increase in traffic in the last 24 hours compared to a normal day and I suspect that Kyle, JB, FC75, FSAI etc have all seen similar numbers. Note we are painters not website geniuses. When I started a site to host my paints several years ago I picked the simplest, easiest hosting package I could get because I don't have time to learn how to build a website or do all that kind of stuff. At that point MSFS had not even been thought of, the level of traffic that this launch has brought is completely unprecedented for us.
Fourth, again we don't have full time marketing departments to create install guides and YT videos. Kai has spent almost every waking hour just getting OCI working with MSFS outside his day job. Even getting OCI to this point has been a massive amount of work. While yes it can be a bit fiddly to get up and running at first we've done our best to try to make it as understandable as we can and if you get stuck please ask for help.
Fifth, if you do ask for help please realise again that we are doing our best and we will get round to you at some point. Again please be mindful you are dealing with freeware hobbyists, people just like yourselves. Its been great to see many of our loyal users helping out and it would be great if you can continue to help us by doing so. There is this forum, the MSFS forum, our own forum, its not possible for us to keep track of every post across so many different places.

The fact that really high quality AI can be installed in just a few clicks of your mouse button is a remarkable achievement. Not too many years ago you would have had to search out each repaint on your own, find flightplans and master TTools to even get one single flightplan installed. Anyone remember copy and pasting AI aircraft titles from your aircraft.cfg into the TTools aircraft.txt file in notepad? Now its all done for you with a few clicks and for free - There are a couple of steps that need to be taken care of but in the grand scheme of things the level of effort required for the user is minimal - And once you've got OCI all set up, that's it.
I hope that we soon see some really good tutorials or videos to help users who need a bit more help, we need the community to help here with this. There are only so many hours in the day after all and we are really doing all we can.

Edited by atco
  • Like 52
  • Upvote 11