Sign in to follow this  
Ixoye

More AIG thoughts

42 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

It's not the SDK, the models just haven't been converted for MSFS use yet.

The flightplans are there, you can even install them now they just won't do anything yet. Just waiting for the models.

Are there any plans to add "static" GA traffic to smaller regional airports? That's the main shortcoming for me at the moment...otherwise it's fantastic.

I enjoy flying out of regional airports mostly, and not seeing any 172's, Pipers, Mooneys, Bonanza's etc parked on the ground, is kind of a bummer.  I know actual GA air traffic is in the works...just not sure about static.

A temp fix for now is turning up the AI ground density slider, but that also puts random airlines in places you would never actually see them. I suppose it is a trade off that could be considered for now.  Is the a more "accurate" way to achieve this currently?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

That's what I was referring to. 

Well considering offline traffic can depart fine. It seems to be an issue with that specific system, not the AI itself.

Also why are we still discussing AIG in the simple traffic thread?

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

I'm seeing lights I don't know what the issue is on your end.

I have lights as well.

And finally, after nearly an hour and a half, a single Jet Blue aircraft has landed. Lets see if it leaves the runway!

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

And I can't  understand how an add on for a flight sim has around 60+ pages at least  of posts telling people how to get it to work.  LOL

Neither can I.   Only because it's not difficult at all!  

I've never used it before in other sims. I came to it completely dumb and by the magical ability i have called "reading the manual" I was up and running in no time ( well apart from the 7 hours of downloading every model and flightplan 😉 )

It never ceases to amaze me how people who can start a big Boeing/Airbus etc from cold and dark and can program the FMS suddenly don't have the ability to follow some simple instructions to install some AI traffic!

All those going for Simple Traffic over AIG...  words fail me.    Your loss.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, The Moose said:

It never ceases to amaze me how people who can start a big Boeing/Airbus etc from cold and dark and can program the FMS suddenly don't have the ability to follow some simple instructions to install some AI traffic!

It is a little convoluted and clunky, tbh. I can't imagine putting my dad in front of the PC and getting this done without asking me for help. If I'd have the mic, I'd do the video right now. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

9 minutes ago, The Moose said:

Standards have obviously slipped so far that the ability to read and follow instructions probably does qualify as genius these days  🙄

I do agree with you on that, but to be fair the tutorial/manual for the AIM and/or OCI is far from perfect. Anyway sometimes AVSIM does remind me of my 65 year old step dad who will not learn how to use a mobile phone because he just doesn't want too. No fault with that, free people free choice. I think it is just important to make clear that ANYONE not trying out AIG is missing out on the best thing that happened to MSFS airliner pilots, at least until the 737 releases.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

As I said, I just asked out of interest. Sorry to have bothered you.

Honestly the only thing I can take from this is some value their time more than anything else and would rather pay for a lower quality product than put a little time and effort into the better looking option even if it was free.  As I said earlier, to each their own. I have a lot of friends who would rather pay for a $5 gas station car wash than take the time to wash their own car.  Obviously one does a better job but some don't want to put the effort into that type of thing.  

To call a spade a spade though you can't actually compare the two offerings. First of all only one is out so let's see what happens when ST arrives.  Until then only one has delivered what we have all been asking for since day 1 and they did it for free. To criticize that is baffling.   

They bother offer AI but one offers highly detailed models with real world flight plans the other merely takes the in my opinion horrible looking Asobo models and reskins them and then charges for it.  Aren't there already offerings on .to that do that for free?  There is nothing else out there that actually does what AIG does. 

Criticize it all you want but the 15,000 P3D users and 50,000 MSFS users who have installed it, many of whom absolutely swear by it are obviously happy to put the time and effort in and very appreciative of the team's efforts.  To sit there and throw stones at what they've done is like sitting on the sideline criticizing FBW for what they delivered for free.   If it's not for you then fine, to actually criticize it without even being willing to put in the effort for a free product that the developer is personally here supporting and helping people with issues baffles me personally. 

Edited by psolk
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

1 hour ago, psolk said:

Honestly the only thing I can take from this is some value their time more than anything else and would rather pay for a lower quality product than put a little time and effort into the better looking option even if it was free.  As I said earlier, to each their own. I have a lot of friends who would rather pay for a $5 gas station car wash than take the time to wash their own car.  Obviously one does a better job but some don't want to put the effort into that type of thing.  

To call a spade a spade though you can't actually compare the two offerings. First of all only one is out so let's see what happens when ST arrives.  Until then only one has delivered what we have all been asking for since day 1 and they did it for free. To criticize that is baffling.   

They bother offer AI but one offers highly detailed models with real world flight plans the other merely takes the in my opinion horrible looking Asobo models and reskins them and then charges for it.  Aren't there already offerings on .to that do that for free?  There is nothing else out there that actually does what AIG does. 

Criticize it all you want but the 15,000 P3D users and 50,000 MSFS users who have installed it, many of whom absolutely swear by it are obviously happy to put the time and effort in and very appreciative of the team's efforts.  To sit there and throw stones at what they've done is like sitting on the sideline criticizing FBW for what they delivered for free.   If it's not for you then fine, to actually criticize it without even being willing to put in the effort for a free product that the developer is personally here supporting and helping people with issues baffles me personally. 

Now back to the regularly scheduled program. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

I think it is just important to make clear that ANYONE not trying out AIG is missing out on the best thing that happened to MSFS airliner spotters, at least until the 737 releases.

I corrected that for you.

• Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

3 hours ago, psolk said:

I have a lot of friends who would rather pay for a $5 gas station car wash than take the time to wash their own car.

I definitely belong to one of them 😎

• Upvote 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

34 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

I definitely belong to one of them 😎

Haha, I use the two bucket wash system, one for the wheels one for the car, wheels first, foam gun everything then 2nd bucket.  The 20 inch by 11 inch wide wheels don't do so well in a carwash 🙂  

My wife uses the car wash on hers, I clean it for her when she gets home LOL... 

• Like 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Hi,

Please forgive my ignorance on this.  But I have been browsing and doing a little reading and thinking about trying this program.  I just can't find any info on whether the flight plans are just a random thing on a set schedule or are they actually real time or setup accordingly to their real time schedules.

Thanks & Happy Landings,

Josh

They are based on the real published schedules, not necessarily the latest ones but quite recent.  The actual season used is displayed (e.g. Summer 2019)

5 hours ago, psolk said:

Haha, I use the two bucket wash system, one for the wheels one for the car, wheels first, foam gun everything then 2nd bucket. 

Ah a fellow detailer. I have a 6 set system for warm and cold, pre-soak and rinse. Although the ceramics are so easy to care care for that even things like calipers are a breeze to clean.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jetlag said:

They are based on the real published schedules, not necessarily the latest ones but quite recent.  The actual season used is displayed (e.g. Summer 2019)

Rgr on the last Jetlag appreciate the input.   Happy Landings.