Sign in to follow this  
Stoopy

Surf Report for Orange County, Sunday Nov. 14

Good Morning Surfers and/or Pilots, here's the Orange County CA surf report for Sunday November 14!  

Today's report is courtesy of Marine Aircraft Group 39, MAG-39, at Camp Pendleton's Munn Field KNFG.  Living up to their motto of "Professional Excellence", they were kind enough to let us use this Robinson R44 they say one of their pilots won in a Poker game from some French dude.  Sounds cool, so let's head out over the water and check out the conditions!  

sbellIz.gif

We're still seeing pretty fair conditions through the weekend with late afternoon temps forecast at 72, clear skies and a mild offshore breeze of 5 knots from the East to NorthEast.  The primary swell is South to South West with a secondary swell from the West.  Water temp is 63 degrees across most areas with a few spots hitting 64:

grbDSmi.gif

Overall conditions are glassy and mild to waist-high today.  Just North of Pendleton, Trails has waves at 3 to 4 feet with good shape, expected to improve as the later tide peaks around 6PM:

9stGhxi.gif

At San Onofre and The Point, surf is 2 to 3 feet with Fair to Good shape, although with the Nuclear Plant shut down and the reactors now cold, San-O diehards accustomed to that warm radioactive water are still acclimating themselves to the same winter temps as everyone else:

zmQPkyg.gif

Church is reporting 2 to 3 feet with good shape:

gAENvwS.gif

At good ol' Trestles, we're seeing 2 to 3 feet at Lowers, and the same at Middle and Uppers despite dealing with what looks like some residual high tide effects:

RtlIbhv.gif

Cottons is showing very decent surf today with waves around 3 to 4 feet and Fair to Good conditions, San Clemente is 2 to 3:

AIAutYI.gif

T-Street* and San Clemente Pier are 2 to 3 feet, and should stay fairly clean as the incoming tide starts pushing mid-afternoon:

lB7mh4G.gif

Not much going on at Boneyard and the Doheny Rivermouth which are pretty flat at 1 to 2 feet:

9xjYjoW.gif

Strands is checking in at 3 to 4 feet with Fair to Good shape:

ejSasl2.gif

Salt Creek is 3 to 4 feet with good conditions both at the Point and at Gravels:

wRn0tQs.gif

At Aliso Creek, conditions are relatively calm and glassy, waves are holding at 2 to 3 feet:

tCrwgVx.gif

At Brooks, Thalia Street and Rockpile it's currently 2 to 3 with Fair shape and a little chop from that secondary swell:

KcinXHe.gif

Just past Cameo cove here, Crystal Cove is at 2 to 3 feet. Divers are reporting slightly better than usual underwater visibility around Laguna at 15 to 20 feet due to kelp die-off:

HZmcqDC.gif

Further North, waves are 1 to 2 feet at Corona Del Mar and at the Wedge... well, it's the Wedge!  4 to 5:

N9yPOBy.gif

Newport Point is currently 2 to 3 feet with Poor to Fair shape, conditions declining further along the Pier and at Blackies:

vpIcH6i.gif

It's a yawnfest at the Jetties all they way up to 40th Street:

6DuQoRY.gif

River Jetties North & South are showing 3 to 4 feet with Fair to Good shape:

dtz028V.gif

Huntington Beach is checking in at 3 to 4 feet with Fair to Good shape; same at the Pier and Huntington Northside

Y37vmok.gif

20th Street and Goldenwest are 2 to 3 feet, Fair to Good shape:

3r6venD.gif

Bolsa Chica is 1 to 2 feet at the Jetties as well as along the beachbreak:

FZCtxnV.gif

It's a pretty calm and flat half to 1 foot at both Anderson Street and Surfside:

bnxAphQ.gif

And for the groms it's about half to 1 foot at at Seal Beach and the Pier, 1 to 2 at the Jetties, and Ray Bay:

4KTU1Pr.gif

Wrapping up today's report, we'll set down at Queen Mary Heliport CL07 here in Long Beach, and be back with more waves soon!.  

BkRMC81.gif

HTiulia.gif

hwnD4tk.gif

A2jetR4.gif

Resources, all available at .to's:

Sceneries: 
Water fix - Orange County, California, USA by mrcoffee: https://flightsim.to/file/20591/water-fix-orange-county-california-usa

San Pedro Bay Port Facilities, Los Angeles & Long Beach CA USA V1.2 by FreakyD: https://flightsim.to/file/5846/san-pedro-bay-port-facilities-los-angeles-long-beach-ca-usa

Aircraft:  
Robinson R44 Raven II Helicopter Project by rotorsimpilot: https://flightsim.to/file/20566/robinson-r44-raven-ii-helicopter-project

Flight Model:  AirlandFS v1.4 by airland studios: https://flightsim.to/file/21417/airlandfs

Livery: 
R44 Clipper II - Cousteau Society by Thermo69: https://flightsim.to/file/22156/r44-clipper-ii-cousteau-society

*Stoopy's old hangout!

Edited by Stoopy
  • Like 11

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

You know, I purposely uncovered the wedge to make I make it pop more! Nice one.

I should see if I can bring a little life to the jetties, especially 56th street.

Edited by mistercoffee1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Stoopy said:

Sceneries: 

Love this report!  Adds interest to screenshot posts!  Fantastic.

Are you aware of the Orange County Marinas scenery now available on TO?  Also, perhaps the best, most impressive part of that Long Beach Port and San Pedro scenery are the farms of nicely detailed cranes at San Pedro.

• Like 2

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 hour ago, mistercoffee1 said:

You know, I purposely uncovered the wedge to make I make it pop more! Nice one.

I should see if I can bring a little life to the jetties, especially 56th street.

Oh wow, that is so cool that you did that!  And it really worked - it looks so authentic I was a little scared to get too close! 😁

• Like 1

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

28 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Love this report!  Adds interest to screenshot posts!  Fantastic.

Are you aware of the Orange County Marinas scenery now available on TO?  Also, perhaps the best, most impressive part of that Long Beach Port and San Pedro scenery are the farms of nicely detailed cranes at San Pedro.

Thank you very much, I'm quite humbled and was afraid I would get called out on my neophyte meteorological report by a lifelong professional such as yourself. 😉

Funny thing, I just saw that OC Marinas scenery at the .to just yesterday and went to download it, but got a message that the file had been pulled by the author (FreakyD).  Quite a bummer because it looked pretty good.  The San Pedro scenery makes up for it though, I seem to spend a LOT of hours flying in and out of that helipad.  🤙

• Like 1

"That's what" - She

48 minutes ago, Stoopy said:

Funny thing, I just saw that OC Marinas scenery at the .to just yesterday and went to download it, but got a message that the file had been pulled by the author (FreakyD). 

Perhaps he found some issue and is back working on it.  I have it but have not overflown it yet.  My circuitous routes have me currently in Bloomington, Indiana.

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Lived on 28th street Balboa for many years.

• Like 1

Win10Pro 22H2-19045.4123/IntelCorei7-3770K/GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3/32GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24/AsusRTX2070OC8GB/1TBCrucialMX500SSD/2 TB PNY CS900/(x3)1TBRAWMushkinSSDs/LGBlueRayBurner/RosewillChallengerTowerBlack/CorsairRM750wPSU/X56HOTAS/TtesportsCommanderKeyboardMousecombo/TrackIR5Pro/34inUltraWideScreenLG2560x1080p/TM2xMFDCougar/OculusQuest2/InateckKU5211PCIe3.2/LTERIVERPCIeG2S4/TMobileHomeInternet5G

MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US/Windows 11 Home 22H2 22631.3374/i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi II/RTX 4060/32GB DDR5 5600mhz/650w Gold PSU

These are great! 😆

We've been to that little QM Heliport- took a choppa there from Catalina Island 😀

Hehe pretty old post 🙂

The pics are still live though!

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |