Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Weather accurate to METAR?

51 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Pausing TIR will recenter then lock the view. I have to go into the camera bar and toggle the switch back on while TIR is in the unpaused state… Bingo, it works … until you pause it again. Rinse repeat.

A “work around” but by no means a good solution

You can assign a key/button for this now: "Toggle head tracking" in controls option

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

You can assign a key/button for this now: "Toggle head tracking" in controls option

That doesn't fix the center bug. 

Looking at the radio stack and hitting F9 to pause centers view. Meaning it's near useless.

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

1 hour ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

pity they have broken TrackIr!

This is huge. And terribly disappointing.

Edited by Bdub22
  • Like 1

I think they over did the haze just a bit. DFW looks more like Doha.

Current KDFW metar: KDFW 181953Z 01015G22KT 10SM FEW250 17/M09 A3043 RMK AO2 SLP303 T01671089

OtDAJ3m.jpg

q2qZ2gF.jpg

Edited by mwilk
  • Like 1

NAX669.png

I am seeing haze pretty much every time i start a flight in any location. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

1 minute ago, RobJC said:

I didn't see any yet. But MYNN was amazing, lots of clouds.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Oh lol.  I bet they've set the visibility to exactly what the metar says....in the US at least, 10SM is visibility unlimited.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

3 minutes ago, RobJC said:

You loading XP11 by mistake 😄 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

You loading XP11 by mistake 😄 

I used to complain about that in P3D. I just went outside to take a look. No clouds (they got that right), no haze (that they missed).

• Like 1

NAX669.png

They still need to fix the ATIS reports. it's better but not there yet. Incorrect cloud layers and wind on the 3 or 4 airports I checked. Temperature was correct though. 

At least the weather now seems to be consistent with the metars, only the ATIS is wrong.

• Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

The haze depiction looks nice, however like some of you have reported. Seems to be haze in the wrong places.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

11 minutes ago, Alvega said:

But MYNN was amazing, lots of clouds.

Did a quick test TFFJ -> TFFG. The weather depiction is much more accurate than it was previously. Hats off to Asobo on a nice update so far. The platform is slowly getting there. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FrankSalo said:

Did a quick test TFFJ -> TFFG. The weather depiction is much more accurate than it was previously. Hats off to Asobo on a nice update so far. The platform is slowly getting there. 

I agree, weather is much better now. Never had correct weather in the Bahamas before.

• Like 1

Alvega

1 hour ago, ryanbatcund said:

Cool.  I'm curious though what's with your gauges?  Is that from the new arrow patch?  The look condensed on the inside.  The glass is foggy.

Yes with the new patches. I don't like the look of the gauges either.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

Oh my lord. Flying in South East Asia is so much better now with this new haze depiction. We always have this low visibility due to high humidity and haze. The current depiction is just so spot on. I can't believe my eyes what I am seeing right now at OPKC. Weather depiction is insanely accurate.

• Like 2

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive