Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

SU7: Getting awful stutters? Try this!

4 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

And..... my fps is, noticeably better..... Unless I try DX12, which is pretty terrible.

Me too, i can get 75 fps where i had 50/60...oh flight simulators the most strange applications known to man.

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

8 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

And..... my fps is, noticeably better..... Unless I try DX12, which is pretty terrible.

Just from turning off motion blur?

AMD 7950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 4090

B737 Pilot

my performance appears unchanged.  maybe better.  just FYI.  I'd bet that features got unlocked that your GPU is now trying to implement with the DX12U thing.  My GPU is older so the code won't even try.  This is my non educated theory.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

I tried lowering my resolution scale down from 130 to 100 and that seems to make no noticeable difference in fps performance. I might as well keep that at 130 then.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Overall DX12 seems to be giving me very similar performance to DX11; albeit with a few more stutters. It mostly looks pretty similar - maybe slightly better colours. 

With an i7 11700k and GTX108ti 32Gb RAM, averaging 35-60FPS from on the ground to in the air.

Only trouble so far has been mods not being updated. I got some CTDs on loading the sim, until I disabled all the mods except those that have already been updated. But that's no surprise. 

Overall it's looking very good so far though. fingers x'd

ray

Bijan's tree mod was the one that bogged my system, everything got back to normal after I turn that mod off.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

You can also try deleting your Direct X casche via the Windows Disk Cleanup Utility. That helped me a lot. 

Former Child, Current Adult

3 hours ago, Ixoye said:

Bijan's tree mod was the one that bogged my system, everything got back to normal after I turn that mod off.

Interesting...I have not heard it have impact on performance?  How much difference do you think you are seeing?

3 hours ago, mac44 said:

has anyone tried it with the latest nvidia drivers? (496.76)

Yes and its good compared to the last version 

Rich Sennett

Something seriously wrong on my end...only getting 20 fps or so with very low gpu usage (35% or so). Prior to update I was in the 50's and had 80% or so GPU usage. Empty community folder and absolutely no performance issues ever prior to this luckily.

EDIT: Turns out it was my AI Traffic being on.  I had it set to AI offline after installing AIG.  Turning traffic off completely makes FPS shoot back up to normal.

Edited by FakeWayne

Bijan has new files out , they worked fine for me tonight. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, knich said:

Interesting...I have not heard it have impact on performance?  How much difference do you think you are seeing?

It was about 7-8 fps for me.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

On 11/20/2021 at 1:11 AM, Richard Sennett said:

Yes and its good compared to the last version 

thanks will give the new ones a try then (currently running 457.30 and was reluctant to update as they had been working well for me to date 🙂

• Like 1