Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

FlyTampa EHAM V2 released

2 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

...and what about native compatibility with TrueEarth Netherlands? Has anyone checked yet?

It is compatible 😉 even in the winter 😎

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

André

VRAM usage is horrible. Worst performer among my 70+ sceneries' collection. 6.2 GB on initial load and growing up to 7. 2080 textures, no TE Netherlands.

It was insta buy for me, and no issues with performance. 

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

23 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

VRAM usage is horrible. Worst performer among my 70+ sceneries' collection. 6.2 GB on initial load and growing up to 7. 2080 textures, no TE Netherlands.

Is this with a default aircraft of payware out of curiosity? 

Orman

PMDG 777. Haven’t tried FSL buses yet, but they are  obviously heavier on VRAM. Some respectable member of FSL community already reporting CTD due to high VRAM on final. 

I haven’t tried full flight myself yet, but I already see that EHAM has higher than usual VRAM usage on the initial load 

Interesting, flew in and out with FSL bus but no ctd. 

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

Interesting. I haven’t had those issues, but maybe my settings are lower than yours. 

Orman

4 minutes ago, Johnny19 said:

Interesting, flew in and out with FSL bus but no ctd. 

One of the gotchas with FSL is that some of the popular community paints that have special paintkits use massive amounts of VRAM, like literally double, compared to other paints.  

• Upvote 1

Also buyed the upgrade 

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

2 hours ago, G-YMML1 said:

Yeah this needs a 10GB+ card if you don't want to have to use garbage 1024 textures to prevent crashing. 

3 hours ago, G-YMML1 said:

Agree, EHAM is only Flyable with 1024px Setting with my 8GB graphic card currently :(

I am thinking of upgrading this christmas to a 12GB graphic card already but for now, if I fly to EHAM (or EDDF its the same there) i need to reduce to 1024px

Cheers,
Bernd🌈✈️

34 minutes ago, Flyinggok said:

Agree, EHAM is only Flyable with 1024px Setting with my 8GB graphic card currently :(

I am thinking of upgrading this christmas to a 12GB graphic card already but for now, if I fly to EHAM (or EDDF its the same there) i need to reduce to 1024px

I disagree. I have an 8GB GTX 1070 and it's perfectly usable:
- P3Dv5.1
- 2048px textures on a 1440P resolution monitor, with 4xSSAA & AF 16x.
- FT AMSv2
- PMDG NGXu & 777
- Orbx Global & OpenLC
- NL2000v5
- REX, Active Sky
- GSXlvl2

It's close to the max in terms of VRAM, but I have no issues. But you have to be mindful of your settings, addons and configuration of said addons.
For example, try tweaking your True Earth NL settings and disable some VFR-only items. Or ensure your aircraft repaints are not excessively large and not optimized. Also, other programs besides flightsim use VRAM: Volanta (close to 1 GB), Chrome, Discord, etc. 

Use Process Explorer from Microsoft as a little tool to see which programs are using VRAM:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Henk de Vries

strange sems i have a mix between old and new airport.

Altough i uninstalled the old and installed the new one.  Also tried to reinstall TE NL. 

But still i have benches hovering in the air, and gates without buildings.

---

Update:

Problem, solved, had to move the entries up in the list.

Edited by 331BK

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT