Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

The Four (4) Seasons purchase....

Just now, bobcat999 said:

Well 'word not allowed!'  If there was one person that was going to put me right, I knew it would be you! :laugh:  Here, have some extra zero's...  00000000000  (that's after the dot of course!) :smile:

I didn't put you right and I guess I will go back to my bed or take another cup of stronger coffee I am not full awaken this morning...  I slightly edited the post

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Great add-on and great support by Bijan. Bought it in April, and maybe worth noting, the thing that made me buy in the first place wasn't the seasons, it was the trees. They're just so much better than default, more variety in the shades of green, of the shapes, of the species... 

• Like 3

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

10 hours ago, Noel said:

But there is a VRAM hit--about .5gb for me.

If there is, it hasn't impacted my modest (by today's standards) i7 980 Extreme 4 core/GTX 1070 8 GB non-Ti in any way. Same 30-32 FPS as before I installed.

I took a great flight last night between Sedona and Mesa, Arizona in the G58,  and MSFS-G/FSRealistic (latest v)/Four Seasons (latest v) gave me a simply fabulous flight experience. The trees are so custom, that both bushes and trees were exactly the desert species you would see, and how they look. The real world immersion factor I'd say, as a percentage is now 200 % over default, with the above MSFS usage configuration and the other two 3rP purchases.  A total home run around the plates!

Edited by Sesquashtoo

2 hours ago, pstrub said:

Great add-on and great support by Bijan. Bought it in April, and maybe worth noting, the thing that made me buy in the first place wasn't the seasons, it was the trees. They're just so much better than default, more variety in the shades of green, of the shapes, of the species... 

Absolutely concur!  An (over used word:)---> MUST BUY!   If a MSFS user is into what's below the wing more, or even as much per flight as attention focused on the cockpit...this is, or should be on the 'required' reading list....  So glad I finally clicked on the thread, 'over there' and took the time to read...then went to the purchase site...and plopped down.  The very first plopping at the airport in Michigan with the Northern Hem Fall folder had my jaw drop to the desk. Then, for SURE went to Mackinaw Island as that time of year, the island is packed with tourists and sure enough the package had trees that looked EXACTLY like you see surrounding the hill top airport...and it was just a WOW factor for the whole flight from taxi to finally landing at KFNT.  It was what was missing all along since RTM.  The fabulous real world reality now has real world seasons AND FOLIAGE....now...it 'is' real...and not 'almost', with default MSFS.

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, jpe828 said:

I was bummed I missed the black friday sale. 

You can still purchase within MSFS 2020 Marketplace for 20% off. There are three different purchases for the complete set.

• Like 1

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

24 minutes ago, flyblueskies said:

You can still purchase within MSFS 2020 Marketplace for 20% off. There are three different purchases for the complete set.

I bought at SimMarket and it was 26.99 Euros, I don't think that was on sale...but if someone can get it for that, or even less, man oh man....there are some purchases that shine out like a light house beacon...and this is one of 'em.  Totally brings home the 'real as it can gets', mantra....MSFS-G and this, along with my other must have,  FSRealistic...is the my now Three Musketeers!    They are all needed for myself to 'immerse', a 'la MSFS!

I got my pilot headphone issues resloved...no longer pink...all my G1000 displays are gung ho....and with the above knock-out punch trio....I am having an absolute flight sim BLAST.   Yeah..SU6 was the least bug-infested version to date...but if I don't touch Content, and there was another trigger for that bug...can't remember now...I can survive happily until a HotFix is released.   Again...having a BLAST...for I am not a cockpit flyer, I have always been a VFR 'rubber-neck' flyer....in real life...and now with MSFS-G....yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...hawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Ses

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sesquashtoo said:

If there is, it hasn't impacted my modest (by today's standards) i7 980 Extreme 4 core/GTX 1070 8 GB non-Ti in any way. Same 30-32 FPS as before I installed.

I took a great flight last night between Sedona and Mesa, Arizona in the G58,  and MSFS-G/FSRealistic (latest v)/Four Seasons (latest v) gave me a simply fabulous flight experience. The trees are so custom, that both bushes and trees were exactly the desert species you would see, and how they look. The real world immersion factor I'd say, as a percentage is now 200 % over default, with the above MSFS usage configuration and the other two 3rP purchases.  A total home run around the plates!

It's no 'if', it's easy to see when I load at a particular location with and without the seasons package it's about 0.5Gb more with fall colors installed.  It's a very good enhancement especially for the modest price.  I'm hoping some day Asobo institutes an 'organic' approach using shaders, time of year, latitude and elevation data to create an environment where changes morph over several days/weeks into what is to be expected for that type of vegetation in that location.  I think the processing impact might be very small and give us the best possible display of flora.  But agreed for now this a must have ;o)

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

2 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

I got my pilot headphone issues resloved...no longer pink...

How did you solve the pink headphones issue if you don't mind me asking?  :smile:

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Does this change automatically based on the game colander or do you have to switch tile sets between seasons manually?  Are there winter trees in South FL or are they automatically region based?

Chris Camp

50 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

Does this change automatically based on the game colander or do you have to switch tile sets between seasons manually?  Are there winter trees in South FL or are they automatically region based?

You want to fly in (let's start with...) Summer Northern Hemisphere, or Southern Hemisphere.     You then pick that folder...(only one at a time...for each flight session) and drag it into your Comm Folder. You will see Summer trees (full green leaf, different color textures depending on species, etc) and in the Southern Hemi, it will be opposite season.   

You want Spring in the North Hemi, you want Fall in the North Hemi.....pick that folder and drop into your Comm Folder.  That easy...no other thing to do....and...it's NOT CANNED...depending on where you are flying...only THOSE trees will show, for the topography.  In other words, if you are flying around the South West...you will see such trees as Jabob's...but would not see them in Florida, or Alaska.  You would also (in the Fall) not see rampant color in the foliage, in such places that have full  mostly conifer and evergreen, like for instance, Alaska.  It is really, really immersive...just drop the Season you want (you must always delete what you have presently as only ONE folder can be active in your Comm Folder...)  and that's that. You will see the proper trees ONLY that would be in that region...but how they look would depend on the Season you picked to fly within. It brings full immersion to the landscape, that was missing since RTM.

Edited by Sesquashtoo