Sign in to follow this  
MrFuzzy

Asobo's silence on the weather mess

2 hours ago, Nyxx said:

entitled children" Even the next reply basicly called you sound "entitled"

No, I was careful to say you might come across as ‘entitled’, not ‘you sound entitled’.

2 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Grow up "snowflakes

Snowflake as in ‘one who is overly-emotional, easily offended, and unable to deal with opposing opinions’…?

• Like 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

28 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

No, I was careful to say you might come across as ‘entitled’, not ‘you sound entitled’.

Snowflake as in ‘one who is overly-emotional, easily offended, and unable to deal with opposing opinions’…?

OK well Fuzzy and I read it when including the "I" diffrently, but OK I see what your saying. 🙂Fair point.

"snowflakes" was not aimed at you its what I feel socialy is nowdays. Cannot not say anything negitive, people get offended at anything, "hello" will be fround upon as being to upfrount soon. 

I think people here think MSFS is the best sim ever (I do)and we are so lucky to have it. But....they keep scoring own goals for no reason apart from they are so bad at testing. but to some its, shut up and dont say anything bad...I will melt......😄 SU5 and SU7 have so many bugs that just simply should have not been released. Whats the point in release something and then taking mounths of fixes to fix something that was not broken before.........and still we have the "Recardo's" that just simply see every shiny and rosy. Bless!

"Snowflake as in ‘one who is overly-emotional, easily offended, and unable to deal with opposing people pointing out probelms’🙂 Thats not you Scotchegg🙂

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

How many simmers use VR? You can still plug in a joystick and a mouse, can you not? It's an inconvenience.

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

How many simmers use VR? You can still plug in a joystick and a mouse, can you not? It's an inconvenience.

I've come to realise you're simply trolling these threads, if you're happy with your Sim that's great, good for you. 

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

5 hours ago, MrFuzzy said:

Is that so difficult to understand? People keep twisting our words in order to make us appear "entitled children" who ask for perfection and ask for everything to be delivered ASAP. 

Someone literally said they wanted the weather to be rolled back to SU6 and there was a bit of discussion on it after. I wasn't twisting any words.

4 hours ago, Baber20 said:

I literally hate whatever comes out of his mouth. It's all marketing BS. 

Wow..........

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

8 hours ago, sightseer said:

vero beach is where I had trouble the other day.  winds were not right at all.

My experience was all the way from off Vero Beach to Hilton Head, where I landed.  Consistent 75 knots.  Finally fell from 75 to 12 knots when I descended through 1,000 ft.  Today I have a flight planned from Hilton Head to Bloomington, Indiana, at 6,000 ft.  Should start off at 15 to 20 knots and increase to 30 to 35 knots as I get farther west.  Will see what I get.  Hilton Head is near SAV near the bottom center.  KBMG, Bloomington, is near the "4" at the top left.

MSFS weather experience continues to seem regional to me.  That is why I always recommend that reports here, good or bad, include mention of the region.

image.png.02304e025720b597be169d396e72c15c.png

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

15 minutes ago, MarcG said:

I've come to realise you're simply trolling these threads, if you're happy with your Sim that's great, good for you. 

You've run out of arguments, hence you resort to insults.

I simply pointed out that VR and perfect weather depiction are "nice to have" but are not absolutely necessary at this point in time to use this simulator. There is no evidence that Asobo is sitting on their hands, ignoring the feedback they are getting.

Put differently: if you were to buy HL2 Alyx, which is an exclusive VR-title, and then suddenly VR were to stop working, then, yes, I could see your point.

Plug in a mouse and keyboard, and you're good to go. It'll tide you over until the fix is out.

I mean, reading this thread, you would think Asobo is threatening to cut off the world's supply of oxygen.

12 minutes ago, Krakin said:

Someone literally said they wanted the weather to be rolled back to SU6 and there was a bit of discussion on it after. I wasn't twisting any words.

Why not if it was better?

Also elements of the graphics engine should be reverted to SU4 when we didn't have color banding, checkerboard pattern bug, shimmering and the white dot.

• Like 1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

4 hours ago, Baber20 said:

Tell that to that adjucator Jorg Neuman. I wonder if he even flies his own SIM ? He sings the 10 year project mantra and yet we have basic stuff like weather still broken after 2 years. I literally hate whatever comes out of his mouth. It's all marketing BS. 

My exact feelings.

2 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

You've run out of arguments, hence you resort to insults.

I simply pointed out that VR and perfect weather depiction are "nice to have" but are not absolutely necessary at this point in time to use this simulator. There is no evidence that Asobo is sitting on their hands, ignoring the feedback they are getting.

Put differently: if you were to buy HL2 Alyx, which is an exclusive VR-title, and then suddenly VR were to stop working, then, yes, I could see your point.

Plug in a mouse and keyboard, and you're good to go. It'll tide you over until the fix is out.

I mean, reading this thread, you would think Asobo is threatening to cut off the world's supply of oxygen.

You're missing the point completely about the Mouse, which is unsurprising as you're blatantly ignoring what people are generally complaining about. Have a nice day.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

I think we're having a "linguistic problem", but, whatever, I prefer to spend my time gaming and generally enjoying my life instead of arguing with folks on the internet.

2a5V4yC.png

Edited by Ricardo41

Here's my 2 cents:

I think it is fair to assume that TG holidays are no explanation for the silence any more, and I also think MS is aware of the negative feedback regarding the weather "improvements" in SU7. So the silence could very well mean that there's no easy fix for the current mess and as reportedly the weather data they receive from Meteoblue have changed, a simple rollback to the "old" system might not be possible either.

Best case scenario: it takes a few more days and hard labour for ASOBO to fix the weather implementation. Worst case scenario: it takes a few more days to design a communication strategy to sell yet another Update desaster to the customers.

• Like 2

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

20 hours ago, mwilk said:

The weather system hasn't been right since day one of the alpha. It wasn't right when it was released to market. 

Umm, but Fuzzy just said,

21 hours ago, MrFuzzy said:

Especially considering that the live weather was working absolutely fine.

And wow, this poor deluded soul says, 

21 hours ago, united001 said:

After the initial weather craziness. Four or five days later it seems fine.

Here's why Asobo KNOWS it doesn't really matter if things aren't perfect right now:  ask yourself this very relevant question:  are you still flying?  I know some aren't, I guess the few VR users for now and my guess is a few of those went back to a screen for now, and a few really went off the deep end and uninstalled MSFS and went back to P3D :laugh: and I know I am still flying in fact just as much as I was the day before SU7 released.  Why haven't me and I'm guessing the vast majority of others just taken a holiday from MSFS?  Simply this:  because it's still 99.9% functional, even with its misaligned click spots, some oddities in cloud rendering, and unrefined METAR integration....but it still delivers excellent flying experiences and I'm having yet another right now, as you probably are as well.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

41 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

Why not if it was better?

Also elements of the graphics engine should be reverted to SU4 when we didn't have color banding, checkerboard pattern bug, shimmering and the white dot.

You realize you've gone from describing that as twisting words with the purpose of labeling people as entitled to now affirming what was said in the first place? It is kind of confusing.

Edited by Krakin

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

36 minutes ago, Blueline308 said:

He sings the 10 year project mantra and yet we have basic stuff like weather still broken after 2 years. I

You do recall the stock weather in P3D magically disappeared after years of development by various 3rd parties could give you something you could pay $59 for and update periodically when P3D did its major updates every 2 years.  There is absolutely nothing about weather being, 'basic stuff'.  This weather, these atmospherics, are totally game changing and clearly take time to perfect especially considering they must consider performance, weather all the way out to the horizon, and all the rest.  Performance in MSFS is so far superior to FSX/P3D it's not even in the same universe, pardon the applicability.  Just keep in mind it's not the end of the world and be very glad Jorg is continuing to adhere to that mantra.  

I think it's critically important to consider Xbox had to be a part of this project.  While PC users couldn't care less about this, MS believed this was critical to the financial feasibility MSFS.  I'm sure Asobo would have loved to develop only for PC and for sure it would have progressed faster than it already has,if that were the case.  In the end, all of the foibles in SU7 are ultimately very small potatoes.  A few tweaks here or that and it's back to SU6, but that does not move anything forward it just prevents people from freaking out when perfection isn't happening.

Edited by Noel
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X