Sign in to follow this  
MrFuzzy

Asobo's silence on the weather mess

3 hours ago, fppilot said:

65 knots as I neared the Florida coast near Vero Beach.

vero beach is where I had trouble the other day.  winds were not right at all.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

They probably don’t want to say anything until there’s something worth saying 

This happens every time. I don’t know why you people are surprised 

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Tuskin38 said:

They probably don’t want to say anything until there’s something worth saying 

The you say "We are working on it and understand your frustration. "

8 hours ago, jrw4 said:

Huh. So which of these was it, "absolutely fine" or "hasn't been right"?

It was not right = it did not correspond exactly to the real live weather.

It was perfectly fine = it was a credible and smooth representation of the weather. 

The current representation is neither credible and smooth, nor accurate.

7 hours ago, Krakin said:

Tweaking the height vs going back to that and no haze at any time....which one makes more sense to you?

I agree with that, I (and many others) just ask that they DO NOT RELEASE an update until it's ready and reasonably bug-free.

Is that so difficult to understand? People keep twisting our words in order to make us appear "entitled children" who ask for perfection and ask for everything to be delivered ASAP. 

On the contrary, we want to have a fully working sim possibly before the "10-year milestone" of the project, and in order to achieve that, the only thing the developers have to do is TEST the changes they make BEFORE RELEASE.

• Like 2

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

10 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

I (and many others) just ask that they DO NOT RELEASE an update until it's ready and reasonably bug-free.

‘When I and the set of users who agree with me deem it ready’ may not be the best way to organize deadlines / releases for a project like this. Not to say your criticisms are unfounded, but saying they shouldn’t release until you believe it’s good and ready might come across as kind of….entitled?

• Like 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

4 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

It was not right = it did not correspond exactly to the real live weather.

It was perfectly fine = it was a credible and smooth representation of the weather. 

The current representation is neither credible and smooth, nor accurate.

Is that so difficult to understand? People keep twisting our words in order to make us appear "entitled children" who ask for perfection and ask for everything to be delivered ASAP. 

On the first point, you sum it perfectly,

On the second point, I let the MSFS team once again prove their denials of a downgrading wrong . It has been the case each time. Everything is better in the best of the world for them and they give us for an  umpteenth time all the gobbledygook about the 10-year project and entitlement etc. until Asobo says oops! we did make a mistake indeed and release a fix.

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

20 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

‘When I and the set of users who agree with me deem it ready’ may not be the best way to organize deadlines / releases for a project like this. Not to say your criticisms are unfounded, but saying they shouldn’t release until you believe it’s good and ready might come across as kind of….entitled?

Until I believe it's good? OK, I give up.

• Like 3

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

45 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

I agree with that, I (and many others) just ask that they DO NOT RELEASE an update until it's ready and reasonably bug-free.

Is that so difficult to understand? People keep twisting our words in order to make us appear "entitled children" who ask for perfection and ask for everything to be delivered ASAP. 

On the contrary, we want to have a fully working sim possibly before the "10-year milestone" of the project, and in order to achieve that, the only thing the developers have to do is TEST the changes they make BEFORE RELEASE.

"entitled children" Even the next reply basicly called you sound "entitled"

On other games I play they have play test servers, there like open beta's, the problem with this weather should never have been released if it had been tested properly. It only took 2 days before it was all over the forums.

So if not testing things and just releasing half baked releasers and releasing when they know they have also just broken stuff...TrackIR is making me a "entitled children" 🙄 then I am one. Becasue for me these things are so easy spoted then they should never have been release.

Its a strange world when people want something tested before release properly makes them "entitled children". 

Grow up "snowflakes"

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

2 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

I give up.

I did that quite a while ago. Entitled  > ignore user trashbin 😆

• Like 4

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

28 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

On the first point, you sum it perfectly,

On the second point, I let the MSFS team once again prove their denials of a downgrading wrong . It has been the case each time. Everything is better in the best of the world for them and they give us for an  umpteenth time all the gobbledygook about the 10-year project and entitlement etc. until Asobo says oops! we did make a mistake indeed and release a fix.

Tell that to that adjucator Jorg Neuman. I wonder if he even flies his own SIM ? He sings the 10 year project mantra and yet we have basic stuff like weather still broken after 2 years. I literally hate whatever comes out of his mouth. It's all marketing BS. 

As for Asobo, it's about time that Microsoft SHOULD held them accountable for the mess the SIM is in right now. Clearly the project was too big for them to handle. Isn't that clear now ? Every update, they manage to break something that was working before. I am just speeches at the incompetency.

• Like 1

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

Putting this heated up discussion aside i just wish the Devs would give us any kind of a sign...

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

Can't build a grand scale project on this planet over night on anything.  It's called time & patience and 1 piece or building block at a time so relax microwave child... Everything can't be done on the ding of a microwave. With that said I get frustrated myself at times.

Didn't start out walking, driving, flying, black belt, pilot, soldier, degree, programmer, and or meteorologist overnight.

Cheers Boys & Girls & Happy Landings,

Real Life

2 hours ago, MrFuzzy said:

I

Well, and that's exactly what they did. The weather issues do not prevent you from playing this sim. In other words, it's not a "show stopper".

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jwhak said:

Can't build a grand scale project on this planet over night on anything.  It's called time & patience and 1 piece or building block at a time so relax microwave child... Everything can't be done on the ding of a microwave. With that said I get frustrated myself at times.

Didn't start out walking, driving, flying, black belt, pilot, soldier, degree, programmer, and or meteorologist overnight.

Cheers Boys & Girls & Happy Landings,

Real Life

Thanks jwhak, but we know this.  We know this can't be built overnight.  But the issue here is not introducing what is missing, the issue is the regressions - the constantly poor quality QA on the updates, and then the lack of communication afterwards. 

I understand the holiday got in the way in the US, but I think a lot of us are waiting on news of what to expect next.  i.e. will we get a hotfix for some of the things, or do we have to wait for SU8 in February.  I don't think it is a lot to ask, just for a bit of communication.  

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

15 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Well, and that's exactly what they did. The weather issues do not prevent you from playing this sim. In other words, it's not a "show stopper".

The Mouse in VR is as some people can't utilise the (PITA) workaround, regardless it shouldn't matter if something is a "show stopper", regressions to blatant areas need a Hotfix and the very least some sort of communication not the deathly silence like what we've had here 

Edited by MarcG
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)