Sign in to follow this  
MrFuzzy

Asobo's silence on the weather mess

20 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

News flash: real weather depiction in the sim is still a work in progress. Imagine that!

What about delivering an update when it's ready instead, for once? 

Especially considering that the live weather was working absolutely fine.

• Like 9
  • Upvote 4

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

It is NOT about the weather system is a work in progress, that is perfectly fine. But there is NO reason why to let us customer to test this work in progress without asking. they implemented DX12 as a beta with a menu option to either turn it on or stay with DX11. Why not using the same approach for the weather? Let those willing to test set the weather to the newest available wip state and all others with the working "old" model. Comparable to P3D, where you are free to either use the classic weather depiction or the "enhnced atmospherics", clearly stated as beta.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 3

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

2 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

Or don't release an update if you have to let go of your beta team prematurely because of the holiday.  Asobo pushed this out without a beta team to properly test it. A hotfix is more than in order for this type of decision making. 😣 

• Like 4

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

3 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

Agreed - much better pre SU7.    Another thing at least for me is that the weather on takeoff is closer to metar - but on landing seem much more off.   This am I flew into Riga - which is currently stating snow - which should be a pretty much a good amount of snow flying around.   When landing I pretty much had nothing ( a few flakes).   When I restarted and parked at Riga right after - boom - snow flying everywhere.    Its like the blending stops at a certain point during the flight and doesnt update as you get close to the airport for landing.

• Like 1

If they roll back to the previous weather, I'll be upset. Weather is MUCH more accurate for the region I'm usually flying in. No more clear skies in the sim when I'd see a ton of clouds looking out my window. It's not perfect but it is moving in the right direction.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

After the initial weather craziness. Four or five days later it seems fine. I only fly the west, BC to San Diego, so not the worst weather in the world, just saying. I rather thought they fixed something at the server level and said nothing about it. 

United001

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, version: 10.0.18363 Build 18363 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 8 Logical Processors; Mobo: Z390 Phatom Gaming 4S-IB: Physical Memory: 16Gigs; GPU: NVIDIA GeForce FTX 2080 Super, 8 Gigs; 500Gigs Hard-Drive; 1TB SSD; 1TB SSD; 50" Samsung 4K Flat-screen monitor; 26" LG side-car monitor. Saitek Yoke and Throttle. Saitek Rudder Pedals.
Screen Resolution: Full Screen: 1920X1080 Full and Windowed modes. 

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

Give them time to work out the kinks. 

Is two years enough time? Tech Alpha began in the second week of December, 2019. The weather system hasn't been right since day one of the alpha. It wasn't right when it was released to market. The best it has been was SU6. I was able to live with that. What we have now is nowhere as good as a few weeks ago.

• Like 7

NAX669.png

52 minutes ago, Krakin said:

Weather is MUCH more accurate for the region I'm usually flying in.

What region are you usually flying in?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

28 minutes ago, fppilot said:

What region are you usually flying in?

The Caribbean.

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

8 hours ago, March Hare said:

MarcG is correct. Silence means nothing in relation to what Asobo are or are not doing. It's up to MS to issue communication.

Having said this, I'm sure someone did post a link, in another thread, to an acknowledgement on the official forum of weather issues and a fix currently being worked on. I know I saw it.

When I watch communications regarding FS20, its always Asobo in front of the camera.

2 hours ago, hansb57 said:

Dont take it personal, you can´t carry the burden of a complete nation!

No worries ... i do not take anything personal, just a fun note.  cheers.

henri

4 minutes ago, Tierborn said:

When I watch communications regarding FS20, its always Asobo in front of the camera.

It's definitely Jorg Neumann from MS he says all the BIG words "dates, announcements etc" at the Q/A's and does all the online interviews. Jayne located in Seattle is the community manager for MSFS, Asobo just does the dirty work and gets unrightfully criticism from the userbase.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tierborn said:

Agree totally with this.. People seem to miss the point. It's MS that push the developer, not the other way round. If you could have been a fly on the wall at some of those meetings i bet your bottom dollar Asobo have said on numerous occasions " It's not ready" Only to fall on deaf ears.

Edited by Car147
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

1 hour ago, jbdbow1970 said:

It's definitely Jorg Neumann from MS he says all the BIG words "dates, announcements etc" at the Q/A's and does all the online interviews. Jayne located in Seattle is the community manager for MSFS, Asobo just does the dirty work and gets unrightfully criticism from the userbase.

Developers are looked upon as magicians.  More power to them to stay on task with the required concentration.

Regards

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER