Sign in to follow this  
Boeingnut

Horrible FPS

I installed Aerosoft LSZH and even with P3D 5.3 HF1 I have obvious stutters in landing / take-off which, in my case, are due to Traffic roads that I have to set to 0% for not having stutters.

I have verified that also in other scenarios such as Flightbeam's KSFOHD there are landing / take off stutters with Traffic roads set but to a lesser extent than in LSZH while there are apt scenarios such as Aerosoft EDDF, which have their own Traffic roads on highways around the apt which is also displayed with Traffic roads at 0% but I don't detect stutters on these scenarios.

I flew into FSDT’s Zurich this afternoon and fps dropped to 15 on Approach and stayed there after landing and taxiing to the gate. EA=Off but there was heavy cloud. I closed ASP3D when parked and the frame rate did recover somewhat with clear skies. Road traffic was 50%.

I’ve had this airport a long time but don’t recall performance being this bad. I’ll run some tests tomorrow and try to identify what is dragging down performance.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I posted this over on P3d forum.

All flights done with EA on and volumetric clouds off. AS and Skyforce plus simlink running as well. 3 long haul flights OTHH -LEMD twice in Aerosoft A330. The other flight HAAB-FACT in QW787. All 3 flights at 4 hour mark experienced huge frame drop, freezing, stuttering. Totally uncontrollable. After about 10 minutes of this sim CTD. I have done EGLL-EHAM-EGLL and EIDW-EHAM-EIDW in Fslabs with zero issues. So for me it's always 4 hours into a long haul and this issue rears its ugly head. Short hauls no issues.

It seems different for everybody. I had the issue triggered 15 minutes after QW787 at FSDT KORD. I was sitting there at M11, GSX doing loading pax doing its thing when all of a sudden we went for a smooth 30 FPS (locked with ncp) to a stuttering mess of single dodger FPS. I watched it happen in front of me without any intervention from me at all. Aircraft wasn’t even moving.

I posted over at the LM forums but it appears they’re struggling to find the issue.

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

I wonder if this somehow could be gsx related in any way.  Both of my events were right after or during pushback. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Hmm ,

strange my 5 hour flight with pmdg 737 , ActiveSky, ASCA, GSX from KATL to KBUR 5 hours no issues.

are all of you using Nvidia?  I have AMD 6900XT.

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

Might not be related at all but i dropped the QW787 for stutter issue using the terrain radar in v5. They never seemed to fix it. It was a none recover of stuttering.

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

13 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Might not be related at all but i dropped the QW787 for stutter issue using the terrain radar in v5. They never seemed to fix it. It was a none recover of stuttering.

Michael Moe 

Michael, are you also still unable to reproduce this bug (sudden/permanent FPS loss/freeze) in HF1.1 ?

I am unable to replicate since updating to HF1.1 and using EA OFF. 

In v5.3 it happened during 25% of the sessions (40+ total sessions), however I was using EA ON and Volumetric Clouds OFF.

Regarding GSX, I know this bug is not caused by it. I replicated the FPS loss/freeze half a dozen times in v5.3 with GSX disabled at the add-on-xml level.

Edited by PinkPony
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PinkPony said:

Michael, are you also still unable to reproduce this bug (sudden/permanent FPS loss/freeze) in HF1.1 ?

In v5.3 it happened during 25% of the sessions (40+ total sessions), however I was using EA ON and Volumetric Clouds OFF.

Regarding GSX, I know this bug is not caused by it. I replicated the FPS loss/freeze half a dozen times in v5.3 with GSX disabled at the add-on-xml level.

No i havent had it after HF1+1. Using EA and vol.clouds.

So far tested with: FSLA321-SL KORD FSDT MCE and DD Chicago - KLAS FT, FSLA320-SL KLAS-KPDX FB, EDDF AS -EKCH FT , PMDG748 KPDX-PANC AS.

With FTX PNW,SAK,TE Nederland, FTX Germany ,OPENLC EU 

After HF1+1

LOD Terrain was moved from Max to high. 

Texture from 4096 to 2048.

Cloud shadows off

This helped staying at Max 9.5gb VRAM.

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

2 hours ago, micstatic said:

I wonder if this somehow could be gsx related in any way.  Both of my events were right after or during pushback. 

People are getting it with default installs. I have seen it without using GSX. 

1 hour ago, Michael Moe said:

Michael Moe 

Seen it without using terrain radar in various aircraft so don't think so. 

1 hour ago, PinkPony said:

It took 7 flights before I got it with EA off. I would get it on 1 out of 2 with EA on. 

Eric 

It's a very bizarre issue - lots of people experiencing it somewhat randomly under different conditions. I personally have no idea what causes it - terrain handling, thread allocation, memory issues, it honestly could be anything under the bonnet. I'm sure a solution will be found eventually. Those without a workaround such as Process Lasso can maybe go back to the 5.2 client until it is sorted. When you do have it fixed, 5.3 performance is amazing IMO.

Crazy, out of curiosity wanted to do a testflight with EA On and Volumetric Clouds Ultra and baaaam.

Shortly after departing from EKCH : Crash system not responding anymore. 

Did the last days several flights with EA on and Volumetric Clouds off (long and short) no issues no crashes nothing. 

hmmmm

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

1 hour ago, Michael Moe said:

No i havent had it after HF1+1. Using EA and vol.clouds.

So far tested with: FSLA321-SL KORD FSDT MCE and DD Chicago - KLAS FT, FSLA320-SL KLAS-KPDX FB, EDDF AS -EKCH FT , PMDG748 KPDX-PANC AS.

With FTX PNW,SAK,TE Nederland, FTX Germany ,OPENLC EU 

After HF1+1

LOD Terrain was moved from Max to high. 

Texture from 4096 to 2048.

Cloud shadows off

This helped staying at Max 9.5gb VRAM.

Michael Moe

Add VFR test 1,5 hours , A2AComanche250 , F1GTN750 , FSDT KORD , DD Chicago KMDW,ORBX KCGX ,OPENLC NA ,ASP3D ,EA and vol. clouds on with no issues at all . Infact it has being the smoothest ride so far.

IAIG at 50 planes

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

I am getting awful stutters 1-2 hours into a flight, FPS drops to 6. Tried with the PMDG 777. Also tried with other aircraft and same issue. It resolved after closing sim and launching a saved flight.

Baffled.

I rolled back to 5.2 Client now cause it gets me too frustrated now cause its so spordaicly and not really reproducable. I hope LM will find the cause for the stutters we get 😞

Cheers,
Bernd🌈✈️