Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

December 16th, 2021 - Development Update

DECEMBER 16TH, 2021 DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

Posted by: Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

A plane flies over water near a city skylineScreenshot by gopensgo291 (Forum)

2021 is coming to a close, and our team will be taking a short break. This will be the last Development Update until the new year. We hope you can spend time with your loved ones this holiday season and enjoy a much-needed break from the busyness of life! We have a unique piece of MSFS art we’d love to give away to a lucky member of the community - check out details on that below. Happy holidays and clear skies to all!

- MSFS TEAM -

Smooth-Development-Banner-GIF.gif

DEVELOPMENT ROADMAP

We will provide an updated Development Roadmap in the new year.

FEEDBACK SNAPSHOT

Click here for the web-friendly version. To learn more about Accessibility in Microsoft Flight Simulator, click here.

KEY
SU = Sim Update (6, 7, etc.) WU = World Update
ASAP = As Soon as Possible TBD =To Be Determined
Several Releases = Fixes will come over a series of updates
Ongoing Fixes = An item we will continually be working on
Planned = Scheduled to be worked on
Under Investigation = The team is currently looking into this issue
Not Planned = We will likely not work on this
Not Started = We have not begun investigation on this yet
Started = Development work as started on this item

Slide1.pngSlide2.pngSlide3.pngSlide4.pngSlide5.png

SDK UPDATE

• General:
    • With holidays starting next week, the support provided on the DevSupport platform may experience some delays. Our team is taking some time off to enjoy the end-of-year celebrations. See you in 2022!
  • DevMode:
    • We fixed some camera settings: translation could have aberrant value and rotation is never saved.
    • Scenery Editor:
      • It is now possible to add Projected Meshes outside of airports!
      • We made the rotation of squared apron cumulative with the rotation of its texture, to avoid weird jumps of rotation when changing both rotation of the apron and rotation of the texture.
      • We fixed polygon-based objects (painted lines/area, aprons, light row) having incorrect altitude upon loading a Scenery file.
      • The right click popup doesn’t open anymore if you have no object selected.
      • We fixed the rectangle aprons that were not updating properly after rotating them and undoing this action.
    • Visual Effects Editor:
      • We have reached a satisfying level of stability and a good amount of features available on this tool, so we decided to remove the BETA tag from it.
      • We now automatically select new nodes after a duplicate/copy&paste action.
      • We fixed the SimObjects names in the Spawner tab dropdown menu (they were previously displayed as numbers).
      • We fixed a crash when disconnecting or deleting one of several Emitters connected to a VisualEffect block when the effect is spawned.
      • We fixed the Emitter not working after being unlinked then linked again to the VisualEffect block.

MARKETPLACE UPDATE

There are 41 new and 13 updates products in the Marketplace today.

ART GIVEAWAY

In celebration of another year coming to an end with our amazing community, we are giving away this incredible re-creation of Microsoft Flight Simulator’s cover art.

This fantastic artwork was created by Mathew Mandala, A.K.A VegasSprayPaint. This handmade spray painting is one-of-a-kind, and we’re excited to give it away. It measures 22" x 18" (55.9 cm x 45.7 cm).

There are multiple ways to enter this giveaway, and you can enter once on each platform to increase your chances of winning. The giveaway runs from December 16th, 2021, to January 7th, 2022. One lucky winner will be selected at random from all entries received, and they will be announced during our weekly Community Fly-In on January 7th, 2022.

MicrosoftTeams-image-768x1024.jpg

Microsoft Flight Simulator End Of The Year Giveaway

banner-1.svg

TWITCH UPDATE

We stream weekly on Twitch! Join us for a special final fly-in stream of the year this Friday, December 17th at 2000Z. For this week’s flight, we will be departing from Celle Air Base (ETHC) and flying across Germany, the Netherlands, and the North Sea on a calm winter’s night en route to our destination of RAF Lakenheath (EGUL) in the UK. All are welcome to participate! Click here for details.

Additionally, on Sunday, December 26 starting at 8am ET (1300Z), our Community Manager SeedyL will be leading the second annual Microsoft Flight Simulator Cannonball Run, flying from New York JFK to Los Angeles LAX in single-engine piston planes! Everyone is welcome to fly along for the entire duration or to join for a few individual stages. This is a charity fundraising event where we are trying to raise USD $10,000 for The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention on behalf of the Microsoft Flight Simulator community. For more information about how to participate, please click here.

COMMUNITY VIDEO

One of the reasons air travel is so safe is because in the rare occasions when there are safety incidents, details are shared widely within the aviation community so pilots can learn from the mistakes of others. The Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA) Air Safety Institute has recently started creating accident case study videos using Microsoft Flight Simulator to provide safety education to aviators, real and virtual alike. In this video, two experienced pilots flying a Beechcraft Bonanza depart from Aspen, Colorado but fail to take into account the effect high density altitude will have on their plane’s climb performance. This case study goes into great detail explaining what the pilots did wrong and what other pilots should do differently in this same situation to have a better outcome.

Viewer caution: this video uses Microsoft Flight Simulator to depict a real air incident that resulted in loss of life, but no graphic details are displayed. To protect their identities, the pilots are not named.

Watch here: Accident Case Study: Into Thin Air - YouTube

SCREENSHOT CHALLENGE

You can now submit your screenshot via Instagram and Twitter with [#MSFSchallenge] or the Weekly Forum Post This week’s screenshot challenge: Your Dream Vacation

This past week our Screenshot Challenge was “It’s a Bird!” Here are our runner ups this week:

BigrabH80-Forum.jpgScreenshot by BigrabH80 (Forum)

BritishAvgk-Forum.jpgScreenshot by BritishAvgk (Forum)

captain.spiggo-instagram.jpgScreenshot by captain.spiggo (Instagram)

isaiahnparadise-Twitter-1.pngScreenshot by isaiahnparadise (Twitter)

PommesL-Forum-1.jpgScreenshot by PommesL (Forum)

swampmancoop-instagram.jpgScreenshot by swampmancoop (instagram)

Tlgenius-Twitter.jpgScreenshot by Tlgenius (Twitter)

ysubplays-Forum.jpgScreenshot by ysubplays (Forum)

YusufWardana-Forum-1.jpgScreenshot by YusufWardana (Forum)

ZillNiazi-Twitter.pngScreenshot by ZillNiazi (Twitter)

NEXT DEVELOPMENT BLOG UPDATE – January 6th, 2022

Sincerely,

Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

Edited by ChaoticBeauty
  • Like 12

Thanks as always @ChaoticBeauty.

And the state of the hotfix is.... which one?

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 9

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Thanks for the update! 

But we really need that hotfix before Christmas 

• Like 7
  • Upvote 3

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

3 minutes ago, Republic3D said:

Thanks for the update! 

Not looking like it's going to happen....I hope I'm wrong...I haven't seen them speak about it.

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

Hot fix testing is being held back by OVC depiction issues - it still seems to be broken most of the time. Otherwise it's a lot better than vanilla SU7. Will it come out before Christmas? I highly doubt it. 

Former Child, Current Adult

11 minutes ago, Republic3D said:

Thanks for the update! 

Just opt to the beta, is very good.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

they are celebrating the end of the year from the 17th of december? 

here, in spain, we are working tomorrow.

please, fix the weather and the live traffic that you sold me.

Edited by abranpuko

Just now, abranpuko said:

here, in spain, we work.

please, fix the weather and the live traffic thatyou have sold me.

Jeez cut them a slack. Many of these engineers have been working the whole year like machines facing the computer screen which is tiring, they deserve their own break. 

P/S: we are starting our holidays from next week until next year, not only Asobo.

• Like 14

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

8 minutes ago, abranpuko said:

here, in spain, we are working tomorrow.

please, fix the weather and the live traffic that you sold me.

LOOOL

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

Well what a disappointment of a communication.  It's a bit barren considering such a large team.  They must spend all of two minutes updating the feedback snapshots.  

Most of the time has gone into the marketplace updates, a lot of which are just padding - night lighting for a city at $9.99 a pop?  Are they joking?  Orbx do the full London for less than that, but I thought we bought the sim for the free in-built spectacular night lighting - strange. (Yes - I know they are not Asobo's)

I am happy running the public beta, but there are plenty of people out there waiting for some kind of news or update on the upcoming patch / beta, and it looks like they might not get it this side of the holiday now.

'Our Team will now be taking a short break until the new year' - Wow - how much holiday do they get?  That will be three weeks until the next one.  It's the 17th now -  I have to work until about noon on the 24th, and I bet a lot of people do.

Such a pity.  A wet flannel of a communication and the progress is painfully slow.  What are these '200' people doing?  It just doesn't add up.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

That’s a pretty tone deaf update.  I’m glad I cancelled my sub until they fix the weather 😂 

• Like 1

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

4 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

Jeez cut them a slack. Many of these engineers have been working the whole year like machines facing the computer screen which is tiring, they deserve their own break. 

P/S: we are starting our holidays from next week until next year, not only Asobo.

LOL sorry but i found funny those politically correct kind of sentences, if i dont complete or do my job right my boss doesn't give me a slack, and i already worked in holidays, weekends and nights...so many times! Of course they need a break, as we all need, but they also need to have there costumers happy for a product that already as one year and still as basic problems... not releasing the hotfix to fix problems that themselves introduce in the last update and going on a vacation before, is mocking with their costumers, of course in my huge humble opinion.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

I don't want to take away from the talent of the person who took the screenshot, that is fine - in fact great view!

But the clouds are SO ugly! Not realistic and the whole scene appears to be steam emanating from the earth creating the puffs all around. Very unearth-like and looks so bad. Golly I hope they fix this!

BigrabH80-Forum.jpg

26 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

Just opt to the beta, is very good.

I can live with the beta hotfix over X-mas. However, no word at all while some people for one or another reason are not inclined to load betas, is a bit weak. They wouldn't have to postpone their holidays for a couple of sentences.

Kind regards

Edited by pmb
  • Like 8

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

14 minutes ago, Gilandred said:

That’s a pretty tone deaf update.  I’m glad I cancelled my sub until they fix the weather 😂 

Yeah they could've at least said SOMETHING about the ongoing weather issues. Oh well. I guess we'll see about it next year. 🙄

• Like 3

Former Child, Current Adult