Sign in to follow this  
Eclex

Kodiak new Update Friday

Finally I downloaded update! Not sure if it's G1000 gxi problem or latest beta, but nexrad shows no precipitation in rainy live weather. Does anyone else has this problem? 

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

OK, folks...by reading other forums including JustFlight and their employees , I think I know what happened to their Kodiak hotfix response. It seems that in London the government had set aside two holidays this year in December. First was a "christmas" holiday which would be moved to the 'Monday" following, for Gov employees . Then, another 'floating' holiday (boxer) was assigned to Tuesday, thereby 'giving' the weekend as a four day holiday, I'm guessing it's a 'National Holiday' vacation there. This would explain why everything useful at JustFlight has been brain-dead for 4 days now.

However, they will all be back tomorrow along with the update correction 1.0.4 for the Kodiak. 

I'll not call this a hotfix, but a cool fix. Cool, because the last 1000 buyers from JustFlight will love the new Kodiak.

🙂 

Edited by Eclex
update

Dave Swigert

WIN 10/  i7-9700K@4.8 GHz/ 32 GB ram/ BENQ BL3200 monitor/ NVIDIA GTX1080 TI video

8 minutes ago, Eclex said:

OK, folks...by reading other forums including JustFlight , I think I know what happened to their Kodiak hotfix response. It seems that in London the government had set aside two holidays this year in December. First was a "christmas" holiday which would be moved to the 'Monday" following, for Gov employees . Then, another 'floating' holiday (boxer) was assigned to Tuesday, thereby 'giving' the weekend as a four day holiday, I'm guessing it's a 'National Holiday' vacation there. This would explain why everything useful at JustFlight has been brain-dead for 4 days now. However, they will all be back tomorrow along with the update correction 1.0.4 for the Kodiak. 

I'll not call this a hotfix, but a cool fix. Cool, because the last 1000 buyers from JustFlight will love the new Kodiak.

🙂 

Close, but not quite.

Monday and yesterday (tuesday) were public holidays, so not just for Gov't employees. The 25th and 26th (Christmas Day and Boxing Day, respectively) are holidays, but if they fall on a weekend, then the next monday and, if req'd, tuesday, are the holidays. By similar logic, Monday 3rd Jan will be a public holiday, for New Year's.

So, yes, in theory today (weds) will be a normal day. However, quite a few offices shut between Christmas and New Year. So, whilst I personally will be back at work today, our main office will be shut.

Clearly, I can't speak to JustFlight and how they manage their staff. Maybe we'll get it this week, maybe next.

I know I've said it before in this thread, but I'm quite ok with this. Whilst I would quite liked to have had the hotfix (I bought from JF), I certainly appreciate a company that looks after their employees. Heck knows I've worked for some that don't.

One of the biggest problems in the game industry is making staff work ludicrous hours in order to make deadlines, so it's both refreshing and good (IMHO, some however feel entitled to expect people to drop their Christmas plans) to see some companies buck this insidious trend.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, dfl1010 said:

Close, but not quite.

Monday and yesterday (tuesday) were public holidays, so not just for Gov't employees. The 25th and 26th (Christmas Day and Boxing Day, respectively) are holidays, but if they fall on a weekend, then the next monday and, if req'd, tuesday, are the holidays. By similar logic, Monday 3rd Jan will be a public holiday, for New Year's.

So, yes, in theory today (weds) will be a normal day. However, quite a few offices shut between Christmas and New Year. So, whilst I personally will be back at work today, our main office will be shut.

Clearly, I can't speak to JustFlight and how they manage their staff. Maybe we'll get it this week, maybe next.

I know I've said it before in this thread, but I'm quite ok with this. Whilst I would quite liked to have had the hotfix (I bought from JF), I certainly appreciate a company that looks after their employees. Heck knows I've worked for some that don't.

One of the biggest problems in the game industry is making staff work ludicrous hours in order to make deadlines, so it's both refreshing and good (IMHO, some however feel entitled to expect people to drop their Christmas plans) to see some companies buck this insidious trend.

As you can see, we have ,more than a few Scrooges on this forum. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Anyone else having problems while in cruise with the throttle coming back to idle? It happens randomly. Might be my bravo throttle... however everything seems to be in order with the throttle. It keeps happening while the planes cruising, the throttle comes back to idle then I yank the power lever on the bravo quadrant and it goes back up. Am I doing something wrong?

12 minutes ago, Ridvan Celik said:

Anyone else having problems while in cruise with the throttle coming back to idle? It happens randomly. Might be my bravo throttle... however everything seems to be in order with the throttle. It keeps happening while the planes cruising, the throttle comes back to idle then I yank the power lever on the bravo quadrant and it goes back up. Am I doing something wrong?

No issues here with my Bravo. I would make sure you have it set as an 'Axis' and check if you have any other controllers with a throttle setting that be interfering. Could also try changing the throttle axis to another one of the levers on the Bravo to see if it is an issue with the TQ..

• Like 1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

2 hours ago, Flic1 said:

No issues here with my Bravo. I would make sure you have it set as an 'Axis' and check if you have any other controllers with a throttle setting that be interfering. Could also try changing the throttle axis to another one of the levers on the Bravo to see if it is an issue with the TQ..

That'll do it!. I have my HOTAS hooked up for the joystick because I'm waiting for the new Honeycomb yoke to come out next year. So the HOTAS throttle that is attached to the joystick was interfering with the Bravo. Just created a new controller profile with the throttle axis deleted on the hotas and all is well. Should've known... been simming long enough. Thank you!

Worry not all those who bought from JF. Got the email today at 0915 UK time that it's been updated. Perfectly reasonable, in my book.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dfl1010 said:

Worry not all those who bought from JF. Got the email today at 0915 UK time that it's been updated. Perfectly reasonable, in my book.

Exactly, and for that, it never slowed me down from flying in the first place. It'll just get better with age.. 😉

• Like 1

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

Just purchased tonight loaded up MSFS and the new patch and bingo Kodiak isn't able to be flown yet it isn't patched I guess. So haven't even tried it yet. Is this going to be the way for MSFS with every new patch? If so it makes buying 3rd party add-ons not fun.

6 minutes ago, surfcandy said:

Just purchased tonight loaded up MSFS and the new patch and bingo Kodiak isn't able to be flown yet it isn't patched I guess. So haven't even tried it yet. Is this going to be the way for MSFS with every new patch? If so it makes buying 3rd party add-ons not fun.

What are you talking about?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, surfcandy said:

Just purchased tonight loaded up MSFS and the new patch and bingo Kodiak isn't able to be flown yet it isn't patched I guess.

I flew the Kodiak on the latest version last night with no issues.

Why would the Kodiak 100 not work with the new MSFS patch, which, if I understand correctly, is basically the beta version released to the general public.

Edited by Ricardo41
  • Like 1

No issues here either, in fact, an issue I had before the patch (lever in beta position) is solved now!!!

55 minutes ago, surfcandy said:

Been flying the Kodiak for the last 4 hours! Nothing wrong with it.

tpewpb-6.png