Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Challenger 650 coming !!!

10 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

Not a good idea, unless there are more users flying X-Plane in VR.

What? Read what I wrote again.

• Upvote 1

There are some on this forum who do nothing but give snide remarks because they can. There is a real pilot on the other forum who flies these and is raving about it, this will get Add on of the year. It doesnt matter how well an addon is done people will always find things to pick on, even those who have never seeing one or flown one. Its just how people are.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

I have the Challenger 650 and it is a very nice bird. So far, the handling seems about right. It has tons of content and a lot of thought went into the product.

My recommendation is to have an "engines running" option in the next iteration.

Thanks.

Jim Morgan

44 minutes ago, mjrhealth said:

There are some on this forum who do nothing but give snide remarks because they can. There is a real pilot on the other forum who flies these and is raving about it, this will get Add on of the year. It doesnt matter how well an addon is done people will always find things to pick on, even those who have never seeing one or flown one. Its just how people are.

Buddy, if you watch those videos you should see it yourself unless you're biased. All I'm trying here is to convince the devs to put some more efforts into VC modelling, and you haven't heard me snide yet.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, mjrhealth said:

Greetings, What other forum are you speaking of please?

Edited by dbw1

12 minutes ago, dbw1 said:

Greetings, What other forum are you speaking of please?

Not allowed to mention such things here

35 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

Buddy, if you watch those videos you should see it yourself unless you're biased. All I'm trying here is to convince the devs to put some more efforts into VC modelling, and you haven't heard me snide yet.

Thanks.

Have you actually sat in and flown one. Really you had to find something. Yes i have watched a number of videos. Effort Jessh havnt they done enough.

24 minutes ago, mjrhealth said:

Not allowed to mention such things here

Thanks. I  will wait for god to speak to me in my sleep.

There’s always someone who wants to make a mountain out of a molehill, somewhere. At AVSIM, it’s dirk snd Greazer. @Greazer I trust the pilot working with us, with his eyes closed, far more than your eyes or your opinions. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, GoranM said:

There’s always someone who wants to make a mountain out of a molehill, somewhere. At AVSIM, it’s dirk snd Greazer. @Greazer I trust the pilot working with us, with his eyes closed, far more than your eyes or your opinions. 

There are always people who have vested interests. At Avsim it's GoranM, hey how would you like it?

Anyway, I repeat that the modeling of the windshield geometry in Hot Start's CL 650 looks wrong to me at this stage.

And it's not only about the middle strut. Anyone who might be interested can see the difference in youtube videos I posted above.

16 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

There are always people who have vested interests. At Avsim it's GoranM, hey how would you like it?

Vested interests?  I never started this thread. I never approached AVSIM. Sure, I made it, but I’m addressing a forum post. It’s what I like to do. But I do see you’re exclusively in P3D, but just happened to come in here so you can claim my model is “so distorted”…when it’s 1cm too narrow. People like you love to complain. It’s obvious. People like me can accept criticism and admit fixes are made and will be available. Is my model perfect?  Nope. Am I happy with it?  Yep. Are my customers happy?  Yep. That’s what matters to me. 
Have a nice day. 

Edited by GoranM
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

Anyway, I repeat that the modeling of the windshield geometry in Hot Start's CL 650 looks wrong to me at this stage.

And it's not only about the middle strut. Anyone who might be interested can see the difference in youtube videos I posted above.  

Dirk, you’ve posted several times about the “defects” in this aircraft. The developers have heard you. No need for any further comments unless they’re about other inconsistencies you’ve found.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Forgive me if it's been talked about, I did look. Has anyone tried it in VR? How is the performance? I own the HotStart TBM and I really struggle with it in VR(maybe I'm expecting too much out of my hardware) but I have pretty good results with my other planes. If anyone has tried it in VR I'd be grateful for an opinion, either good or bad. If this plane is as good as the TBM(by the looks of things I'm sure it's better) I'll definitely invest in it, if it works well in VR.  

Just tried a flight with the TBM in snowy, ugly weather and performance was good. Sometimes this sim confuses me. Everyday is different.

Edited by Daytona125

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

18 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Dirk, you’ve posted several times about the “defects” in this aircraft. The developers have heard you. No need for any further comments unless they’re about other inconsistencies you’ve found.

Well, while I tried to discuss their product GoranM leaned towards blaming me and my perception instead from the very beginning.

I'm curious why you don't seem to notice such misrepresentations calling me out in the first place?

Edited by Dirk98