Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Challenger 650 coming !!!

Yes but where is Jenny? Working in another room? Working from home? I have no idea. As far as I can tell, nobody has actually seen her. Correct me if I am wrong. Realism demands such answers.

Edited by Greazer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JRBarrett said:

I have attended formal FAA-certified maintenance training classes for the Challenger at FlightSafety and the CRJ at FlightPath (Canada). Both providers use animated emulations on a desktop PC that show the state of various systems on the aircraft - hydraulics, pneumatics, electric, pressurization, engines, etc. and show normal operation and the effects of various failures.

The systems animations in the Hotstart “study” menus far exceed what is available at either training provider in terms of completeness, accuracy and detail. 

This is precisely why it is IMO the first ever addon that can be called "study level" without a question. Because not only can you study how to do everything by the book as a pilot, but you can actually study WHY you have to by studying the aircraft itself!
For aviation enthusiasts, I dare say it's even a very educational product. All the schematics and diagrams, HotStart could have simply emulate the data and underlying systems but not make it visible to users and the simulation would have been the same. Instead, they also came up with that new idea of implementing these diagrams and all.

Genius, really
To have so much for 114.95$ is quite a bargain when you think about it and compared to the competition.

Edited by alanlj44
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I've used those really expensive licenced training simulations called something like a "desktop training tool" while doing type conversions and refresher training.

Even as a flight sim enthusiast I found them to be dry, soulless  and as boring as heck. 

The CL650 however is as entertaining as it is educational.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Are many still experiencing the CTD? This is still popping up in comments though you never know if it is just a few who are vocal (justifiably so) or if it is more common. I usually wait till the first or second update is done before purchase - I would rather fly than be a beta tester. For the price i would just like to know all is well before parting with the money. Thanks. Dave

1 hour ago, Greazer said:

Yes but where is Jenny? Working in another room? Working from home? I have no idea. As far as I can tell, nobody has actually seen her. Correct me if I am wrong. Realism demands such answers.

Jenny is known to be as shy as she is efficient. Some theory has it that she's constantly outside the office having to deal with the infamous "The Angry Refueller" and his bloody paperwork he's so eager to have you sign on and that you constantly neglect as a pilot in your eagerness to fly the addon...

She's the professional type is all 🙂 Nothing unrealistic... 😏

Edited by alanlj44
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, dbw1 said:

Are many still experiencing the CTD?

Dave, I’ve never had a single CTD with this aircraft, maybe there’s a conflict with another add on that people are having, but personally I’ve seen  nothing.

• Upvote 1

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

The other intriguing guy in the Hot Start Challenger 650 world is that ghost marshaller with the outlined thumbs, where is he? I would like to see him! 🤣

Anyway best addon ever!

• Like 1

Alexander Colka

Just like the fuel technician, as soon as I hear the steps behind me in the cockpit, I tell myself not to turn around because he's not real, he's not there 😂

• Like 1

I fear the Challenger is in fact a ghost plane 😬

It's the "Flying Refuelman"... 😳 

Edited by alanlj44

The arrival of this aircraft addon has helped me realize something about myself: I love to 'geek out'. This aircraft allows a level of geekiness I didn't think possible.

I generally get a new tube liner or turbine such and such, and after I've learned the ropes, I'm always looking for something new to learn. In short, I like the learning as much as the flying...maybe more. 

I dusted of my X-Plane install, learned X-Camera (again) and bought this pretty lady. Very exciting to have this on my menu. Great fun.

• Like 4

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS